About to cop a new ride (pics)

pakxe.jpg

the actual car

reference photos
mvs32c.jpg

2zqzwc2.jpg

Can you say:
6oldsm.jpg

On the real, I figured I would get something small and cheap to learn how to drive a stick. Plus getting a new car in southern italy is a really badidea...these people suck very much at driving. I'm 6'2, 210lbs so this is going to be awesome. Look out for the pics when I cop next week.

pimp.gif

For some reason I always thought you were in the U.S.

You can't rent a stick or have any friends with beaters? I know how you feel though. I wanted to learn stick badly, but my friends that had stick had toonice of a car. I finally learned it on my mom's friends car. Drove it 3 times before buying a stick car myself.
laugh.gif

Good luck, man. It would be helpful if you get the mental part down. And remember..if you feel like the car is dying...clutch in! I avoided the freeway for thefirst 2 weeks or so.
laugh.gif
Primary because I was scared of getting stuck in traffic on an uphill off ramp.

Originally Posted by wj4

For some reason I always thought you were in the U.S.

You can't rent a stick or have any friends with beaters? I know how you feel though. I wanted to learn stick badly, but my friends that had stick had too nice of a car. I finally learned it on my mom's friends car. Drove it 3 times before buying a stick car myself.
laugh.gif

Good luck, man. It would be helpful if you get the mental part down. And remember..if you feel like the car is dying...clutch in! I avoided the freeway for the first 2 weeks or so.
laugh.gif
Primary because I was scared of getting stuck in traffic on an uphill off ramp.
I'm American, I'm just stationed in Italy for the time being.

Yeah I have the basics down, I just have to get into the manual state of mind...downshifting when coming to a stop, not letting off the clutch too early, etc.I was driving a friends car when I first got here and I stalled out in the middle of a round-a-bout.....those people were PISSED.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

Opel_Combo_rear_20080123.jpg

word to temporary european cars.
'cept mines got the panel windows
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I could totally see someone pulling up to the club fresh to death and hopping out this joint like.....what?

Originally Posted by Illuztrious

Opel_Combo_rear_20080123.jpg

word to temporary european cars.
'cept mines got the panel windows
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I could totally see someone pulling up to the club fresh to death and hopping out this joint like.....what?

Everyweekend brotha
pimp.gif

don't downshift when slowing to a complete stop, you're going to wear out your clutch like that..just pop it into neutral and coast to a stop..

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

don't downshift when slowing to a complete stop, you're going to wear out your clutch like that..just pop it into neutral and coast to a stop..

yeah thats what i found best and easiest

become friends with 1st gear and rest is gravy

That thing looks OD unsafe.

I crashed a Fiat once - they're made like tinfoil and have pretty minimal safety features. Luckily it was a pretty low speed bump. Still made a mess of thefront end though.

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

$3000 USD? Too much IMO, but what do I know about cars lol
It fluctuates daily but 1500 Euro is roughly $1911 Dollars homie.

Learning a stick is tough, but absolutely worth it in the end. Good luck to you, get workin on those hills!!

Originally Posted by JCH3

Learning a stick is tough, but absolutely worth it in the end. Good luck to you, get workin on those hills!!

Understand the basic principals and speed+rpm+gear concepts and it's not hard at all

there should be some sort of guide online....
1st gear: <20km/h, shift@3000rpm
2nd gear: 20km/h-40km/h, shift @ 3500rpm
3rd gear: 40-60km/h etc etc etc etc

True. replacing brake pads > replacing a clutch

yeah thats what i found best and easiest

become friends with 1st gear and rest is gravy

don't do either. just stay in gear until you are about to come to a stop and then clutch in and put to neutral right before it stalls out. by putting itinto neutral too early you will just be wearing out the brakes more b/c when you are in gear the car somewhat slows down on its own so you need to apply brakesless.

btw, all the cars in europe look funny
alien.gif

Back
Top Bottom