About to go to Brazil any tips?

trueshotaura

Banned
Well I just got my VISA squared away so now I need to make plans. I have alot of friends in Brazil so housing is not an issue however I've only got $2000to live off of for 90 days. I'm 19 but my parents aren't going to be sending me any money. My plane touches Rio De Janeiro May 15th and I plan to stayat the Rio Surf N Stay hostel for a couple days. To the people who have already been, what did you see and do? It's the winter their now so I'mwondering does that defeat the purpose going on an off peak season? Tips?
happy.gif

correct me if i'm wrong but if 600,000 people live in brasil with HIV and only makes up .5% of the population, then there must be 12 billion people inbrasil. i think it means 50%

eyes.gif
to all the people talking about "wraping it up" like Brazilis worse than America as far as HIV goes. Wrap it up should be the slogan no matter what, you are just spreading untruths.

But to the OP, my only experience is in Rio, but my advice to you would be CAUTION! I've been to alot of different places around the world (not to mentiongrew up in Detroit) and Rio is one of the most hood places I have ever been. Basically, watch out downtown after dark, and at night I'd even be aware inCopa or Ipanema. Try to stay off the beaches at night (lots of people get robbed on seculded beach areas), etc. But their national drink is killer, the womenare ridiculous, and they have some crazy clubs. I just would stay sober enough so as not to play the easy vic personally. Check out sugar loaf and "christthe redeemer" if you get a chance, and the jungle tours are no joke either.

But hood or not, Brazil is beautiful and the women are even better... I'm sure you will have a great time.

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

eyes.gif
to all the people talking about "wraping it up" like Brazil is worse than America as far as HIV goes. Wrap it up should be the slogan no matter what, you are just spreading untruths.

But to the OP, my only experience is in Rio, but my advice to you would be CAUTION! I've been to alot of different places around the world (not to mention grew up in Detroit) and Rio is one of the most hood places I have ever been. Basically, watch out downtown after dark, and at night I'd even be aware in Copa or Ipanema. Try to stay off the beaches at night (lots of people get robbed on seculded beach areas), etc. But their national drink is killer, the women are ridiculous, and they have some crazy clubs. I just would stay sober enough so as not to play the easy vic personally. Check out sugar loaf and "christ the redeemer" if you get a chance, and the jungle tours are no joke either.

But hood or not, Brazil is beautiful and the women are even better... I'm sure you will have a great time.
nah, somebody told you wrong

Prostitution Tourism

Brazil has one of the worst child prostitution problems in the world and a thriving sex tourism industry has developed in more impoverished states like Bahia and Amazonas. (Social Security Network, "Brazil spends $1.7 ml on helping child prostitutes", Reuters, 12 June 1998)

Brazil is one of the favored destinations of paedophile sex tourists from Europe and the United States. ("Global law to punish sex tourists sought by Britain and EU," The Indian Express, 21 November 1997)

In Porto Murtinho, a town of 11 thousand, there are six locations of prostitution. In Coruma (pop. 87.8 thousand) 16 prostitution establishments were found. In Campo Grande, (pop. 600 thousand) there are 12 prostitution establishments where over 100 young girls from Sao Paulo, Goias, Parana, Minas Gerais, Paraguay and Chile are prostituted in sex tourism. Tourists buy girls for periods of one or two weeks. This practice also occurs in the municipality of Coxim where tourists staying in fishing campments hire young girls. (Titular Council for Children and Adolescents, "Child prostitutes used in 'sex tourism' in Pantannal," SEJUP #287, 17 September, 1997)

A recent survey identified 65 localities of prostitution in six cities in the Pantanal region. Many of the prostitutes are young girls. Highlighted is the link between fishing and prostitution. (Survey by the Ministry of Justice, UNICEF and the government of the state of Mato Grosso do Sul, "Child prostitutes used in 'sex tourism' in Pantannal," SEJUP #287, 17 September, 1997)

Originally Posted by yarrh

correct me if i'm wrong but if 600,000 people live in brasil with HIV and only makes up .5% of the population, then there must be 12 billion people in brasil. i think it means 50%

Naw your math is wrong.. That makes 120 mil people.

Lurkin2long... Your info has nothing at all to do with HIV rates, it is disturbing none the less, but is still irrelevent to my point. If you think .5% aidsrate is high you should check international levels.

It might be significantly higher in the "sex trade industry" you speak of, but if the OP is going to Brazil to have sex with underage girls, franklyI can be of little help to him, nor do I want to be.

pm davidtz he spent a long vacation in Brazil a few years ago and knows a few girls that you could call to show you around town and help you have a good time
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Lurkin2long... Your info has nothing at all to do with HIV rates, it is disturbing none the less, but is still irrelevent to my point. If you think .5% aids rate is high you should check international levels.

It might be significantly higher in the "sex trade industry" you speak of, but if the OP is going to Brazil to have sex with underage girls, frankly I can be of little help to him, nor do I want to be.
Knivesdesu you actin like HIV isnt a problem in Brazil though.........?

Brazil is home to 600,000 people living with HIV - more than any other Latin American country - but due to the large size of its population, this equates to arelatively low HIV prevalence of 0.5%.

Ppl with STDs gotta be fierce in the numbers.

Originally Posted by OkieDoqui

Originally Posted by yarrh

correct me if i'm wrong but if 600,000 people live in brasil with HIV and only makes up .5% of the population, then there must be 12 billion people in brasil. i think it means 50%

Naw your math is wrong.. That makes 120 mil people.

correct.

Well i'm not too big on just getting with as many girls as I can. This would be my 1st time in another country and want to enjoy it to the fullest. Also alot the those HIV statistics would be more prevalent in the favela districts no? I am going to be in Rio for the first week and then i'm going to bestaying with a friend in M.G. I think i'll keep NT posted :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom