Access Denied on NDC: HELP!

So... for at least since December, every time I try to connect to NDC, I get this error:

(For search option's sake, the error message says

"
[h1]Access Denied[/h1]
You don't have permission to access "http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/launch/c/2015-02/nike-dunk-high-premium-sb-de-la-soul?" on this server.

Reference #18.5bb454b8.1423686975.86ca3af5"

It's definitely an issue with my ISP, as I get the same error on my iPhone when I'm logged in to my apartment's Wi-Fi; when I turn the wi-fi off and use my cellular internet plan, I'm able to access the site.

I don't think I'm banned, as I've made several purchases using a few different accounts with my name/address. I don't do anything suspicious/illegal, so I highly doubt it'd be that, anyways. I'd read somewhere that it could be from using the Page Monitor extension, but after disabling it, I still get the error message. I've gotten around this by using a VPN (which I use a lot of the times anyways for torrenting purposes), but it sucks having to do so, especially with NDC banning more and more proxys on a near-daily basis (at this point, there are only one or two US-based proxys that I can use; I could try other ones outside of the US, but I imagine the loss of speed would be too much to get any popular shoe on release day).

So, if anyone knows why this is happening and has a fix for it, PLEASE let me know! It'd be greatly appreciated. I tried doing a forum search to make sure this hadn't already been answered, but if it has, my bad. I just want to be able to access NDC without having to use a VPN, allowing me to access the site with the fastest possible connection I have access to. Thanks in advance.

Oh, btw, I access the internet via Comcast Xfinity w/ an Xfinity ARRIS TG862 router, using a 2013 Macbook Pro w/ Retina. Not sure if any of that matters, but figured I'd include that anyways.

Try asking Nike.com chat support. They are very helpful. Make sure to rep this post and mark as "answer"

I tried that. They didn't know what the problem is, and could only tell me that my account was not banned. I actually forgot about that, but I should've included that in the original post. Thanks anyways.

Btw, I've never had someone tell me to rep their post. That's kinda pushy, no?

Last edited:
Yeah, you are banned. A friend of mine had a similar situation during the LB 11 launch. He had almost 6 devices with about 5 tabs each trying to add to cart. He was kicked out of the lines and got this same page anytime he was on his home network. Nike has banned your external IP. Try disconnecting the power plug to your router/modem for about 6 hours. This could force a renewal of a new external IP. Cannot guarantee anything though. He did this same method and has been surfing NDC since.

You aren't banned man it's just something that the Nike doesn't like about how you're trying to connect.

I have RO link saved at work and anytime I click it for the hell of it I get that access denied. I buy stuff from work all the time still. Same for other links of stuff from the past. Every now n then I get it randomly but you aren't banned

Nike literally told me I wasn't banned in a chat I had with them, so I know that isn't the case. I appreciate the suggestion to shut off my internet for 6 hours, but if anyone has another way to get around this, that would be greatly appreciated, as I don't want to have to do that, if possible. Thanks to everyone who has chimed in. It's appreciated.

What do you mean by "switch out your modem"? Get a new modem, or have them do something on their end?

i could call comcast to see if they can refresh your modem with another WAN ip address.... i assume you are not paying for static IP address, so turning off the modem for bit/ remove battery if it has one and plug back in to see if the WAN ip address changes.

I actually use a VPN (Private Internet Access), which was working great initially, but NDC started banning locations left and right a few months ago, and now only one of the 8 US locations works, and it's on the East Coast (I'm in Denver), so the speed is not as fast as it could be. It's super frustrating. Thanks for the reply, though.

I have the same issue from work for months now. Until this day I'm still getting the same ACCESS DENIED error.. I have tried disabling my page monitor months ago, and still getting the error now. I haven't been able to shop from work. I tried asking our NetEng team and they told me that we are not blocking any IP preventing us from trying to access nike site. At this point, not sure what to do. I dont know if I should ask my work to renew our IP to see if that lifts the ban.

I am the latest victim of Nike Ban. They literraly has blocked completely my home ISP to be able to login or add shoe to the cart, including SNKRS. Usually it's used to be a temporarily ban last for couple hours. It's been a week. I don't think it will never been lifted unless you change your ISP IP.

Same thing happened to me. I tried to access NDC at home and its giving me the "Access Denied" page then tried using the school WiFi and it gave me the same thing.

What makes it complete BS is that Nike themselves say that there isn't a ban on my account (yep... it's still not fixed, nearly a year later), which is further proven by the fact that I'm able to check out with my accounts when using a VPN or on a private server, or when using the SNKRS app via my cellphone data. Not to mention the fact that they have zero idea how to fix it. I'm guessing they get messages about this issue on the daily, so it's ridiculous that they wouldn't make the effort to fix it.

Anyways, if ANYONE reading this has a proven (i.e. you tried it yourself and it worked) fix for this issue, PLEASE share it with the community! Having to use a VPN or log on to Windows via VirtualBox on my MacBook Pro to access my private server if I want to shop for some socks is beyond annoying!

What makes it complete BS is that Nike themselves say that there isn't a ban on my account (yep... it's still not fixed, nearly a year later), which is further proven by the fact that I'm able to check out with my accounts when using a VPN or on a private server, or when using the SNKRS app via my cellphone data. Not to mention the fact that they have zero idea how to fix it. I'm guessing they get messages about this issue on the daily, so it's ridiculous that they wouldn't make the effort to fix it.

Anyways, if ANYONE reading this has a proven (i.e. you tried it yourself and it worked) fix for this issue, PLEASE share it with the community! Having to use a VPN or log on to Windows via VirtualBox on my MacBook Pro to access my private server if I want to shop for some socks is beyond annoying!
I just talked to Nike Support, and they had me clear my cache. I cleared it to the time that it stopped working and I now have access!

Add me to the list of people with this issue. I just moved and have brand new Verizon fios service. Nike support says it's not their problem. It looks like enough people have had this issue that they should have it figured out. It clearly is their problem.

edit: I have resolved the issue by releasing the DHCP Lease on my router and getting a new IP address.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom