Accident (Rear ended)

Hello guys,

I was just rear ended by a commercial f350 box truck.

Although the damage on my car doesn't look significant, the bumper on the truck was dented in.

Neither my passenger or I were seriously injured, we are experiencing discomfort and pain from neck to back.

Because of COVID, we don't want to visit the hospital.

My questions are, if the pain continues and we want to sue for pain amd suffering, is not having a medical report hinder us? If it does, by how much?

Also, if suing comes up, should we hire an attorney or just try to negotiate with the commercial insurance?

Lastly, we are undecided if we should go that route because I know times are hard and the last thing an employee or a small company should be going through is a lawsuit ... amy advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You should talk to a lawyer asap and don’t feel bad about suing the business. They have insurance for this reason and your accident could have lifelong repercussions. Or not but you gotta cover your ***. They should be paying for the damage to your truck too

Hey buddy, I don't want to put everything on here, but I had a BAD car accident back in 2012, where a driver made a left in front of me at 45 mph, without stopping. I had the right of way on a green. Knocked unconscious & woke up about 5-10 minutes later to the sound of glass & metal crunching. Was MESSED up and I got a lawyer & won. Send me a PM and I can discuss and answer any questions. 👍

Hello guys,

Although the damage on my car doesn't look significant, the bumper on the truck was dented in.

Neither my passenger or I were seriously injured, we are experiencing discomfort and pain from neck to back.

My questions are, if the pain continues and we want to sue for pain amd suffering, is not having a medical report hinder us? If it does, by how much?

Also, if suing comes up, should we hire an attorney or just try to negotiate with the commercial insurance?

Lastly, we are undecided if we should go that route because I know times are hard and the last thing an employee or a small company should be going through is a lawsuit ... amy advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

So you're feeling some sort of compassion that "times are hard, I don't wanna get him in trouble"

Look at you caring about a company you don't even know when you're disposable to them

You should be talking to your and their insurance about this

If you don't want to go to a hospital, find yourself a primary doctor who got the little hole in the wall spot.

If you don't want to go to a hospital, find yourself a primary doctor who got the little hole in the wall spot.
https://www.breakingburgh.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/worst-fictional-doctors-nick-riviera.jpg

Companies have insurance and insurance companies have been blossoming. Go to the er and get your money.

Also, I am a good witness for 20% :nerd:

you didn’t do anything wrong so it’s not fair for you and your passenger to absolve them of their negligence. In certain states like Florida you have to go treat within the first 14 days or your insurance won’t cover your bills for treatment. While it’s honorable and admirable to want to turn the other cheek, you never know how this could affect you long term. I’d call a few lawyers bc at the very least you can get more insight into what ur state laws dictate you should do post accident. Would hate for u to get an mri in a couple years and realize you have permanent injuries related to this accident that you can’t get compensated for since the statute of limitations has run out. Not legal advice just friendly advice.

**Update**

My passenger stated she was having a difficult time at work. Neck pain radiating from neck to lower back, constant tingling on her neck and she feels her arms feel heavy.

My pain has progressively gotten worst and I have neck to lower back pain, massive headache with a little dizziness and nausea (just for a few minutes) and lost motor skills on my left arm for a few seconds.

We are at the ER now. **** is crazy as we didn't think the impact was that strong.

Yeah it’s not like he killed anyone, they won’t go after him personally in a minor crash.

Hello guys,

Thanks.
Here in VA you have two years of date of accident to file a lawsuit. You will need to go to a doctor or at least a physical therapist in my case. We tried various procedures on my arm, eventually did a MRI found out I had a slight tear in my rotator cuff. It took like 6/7 months to figure out because you have to do therapy it doesn't get any better, try something else. When you go to the doctor or physical therapist. DO NOT TELL THEM IT RELATES TO AN ACCIDENT. I made that mistake, doctor took his cut of my settlement off the top. Even though insurance was paying him, I was HOT when I found out. Had been going to him for years before that.

Check out various attorneys as if you were buying a used car. Keep all medical bills, and STAY on the attorney's ***. Mine was on some BS, had to keep following up with her. She eventually left that practice so I had to follow up with the guy who inherited her cases. Don't worry about times being hard, they have insurance it isn't coming out of there pocket. If your hurt your hurt.

I remember this one NT from CT who got hit by a drunk driver and ended up with broken legs and a long hospital stay. Dude needed o.d rehab but he apparently sued the drunk driver and the bar that the driver was at and came out with a massive W. I feel like he stopped posting soon after. Wonder what happened to him?

Police Report (online)
Call your insurance to report accident and start claim
Retain lawyer

You will need MRI’s and X-rays to diagnose any injuries beyond whiplash.
I personally would tell them what I’m there for because they have to say the injuries are from this accident regardless. Most places will ask for your insurance claim and/or lawyer information. If all goes well you’ll use the personal injury allotment of your insurance their insurance, and whatever else decided in court.

Good luck, I was lightly rear ended last April and still have real bad back issues most the time, I have 8 weeks of therapy I’ve been putting off but the lawyer won’t move forward without it.

A lot of it is specific to whatever state you’re in but generally you’re gonna want to seek treatment as soon as possible after the loss. If you have legitimate injuries though that are related to the loss then a couple day delay isn’t a huge deal.

An attorney has some pros but honestly many of them are scumbags. Keep in mind that they do take 30% or more of whatever settlement you accept (also depends on your state). This increases if they actually file a lawsuit.

PM me if you have any questions. I’ve handled a lot of pretty bad cases.

OP, get your *** to the hospital ASAP!

“Because of covid….”

No.

Go. To. The. Doctor. Immediately. Covid is a lame *** excuse. Protect your health. Protect your finances. You could have bleeding on the brain you can’t pick up on right now.

You could slope a disc within the next few days. You could have burst an internal organ. You could have cracked vertebrae or ribs or a long list of ailments that won’t show up right away. Keep going to the doctor until THEY tell you everything is good.

Quick example of why you should. Me Ex’s dad got rear ended and didn’t go to the doctor because he was fine. He actually had a serious injury that didn’t present itself until 2 weeks later. Ended up needing emergency brain surgery. During surgery, something went wrong and they had to stop surgery and airlift him to a hospital 200 miles away.

Long story short, he wasn’t able to prove to insurance that it was related to the accident. All said and done, The surgery plus the airlift bill was so expensive that it bankrupted his insurance company.

Be proactive.

Back
Top Bottom