Acne VOL. Weight Lifting

Whats good fam! As the title reads, I never had issues with acne until recently. I've been lifting pretty heavy for 2 years now and outta the blue (around 2 months ago) I started to break out.
sick.gif
The acne is oddly forming mostly around my neck (pimples that have no heads/ large lumps I can't pop) and some around my cheeks. I have become super self conscious about this issue. Here are my speculations of the causes: increase in hormone levels from heavy lifting triggering this issue or protein (taken with milk). What can I do to prevent acne? I've been using Stridex pads right after work outs yet acne still forms
ohwell.gif
. I have used the St. Ives exfoliating wash and that ishhh caused more pimples
mad.gif
. I guess I have super sensitive skin. Any advice would be much appreciated!
nerd.gif

i get backne when i work out its really weird. I feel like one of those juiced up guidos after a month of hittin the gym and as soon as i stop it all clears up. use that one stuff that Jessica Simpson endorses.

It's your test levels going up. You can't prevent it unless you want estrogen treatment, but you can treat your acne by going for topical medicaments.

Being young ain't too bad. Enjoy your acne.

are u taking any supplements with it? because i remember when i started using mass gainer..i started breaking out. i stopped, acne cleared.
i started using jack3d..broke out pretty bad. i stopped that, acne cleared. Also i hear creatine makes u break out too. All natural style is the way to go for me i guess. 

i rather have a sexy face than have scott steiner biceps
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PaulBaeKR

Whats good fam! As the title reads, I never had issues with acne until recently. I've been lifting pretty heavy for 2 years now and outta the blue (around 2 months ago) I started to break out.
sick.gif
The acne is oddly forming mostly around my neck (pimples that have no heads/ large lumps I can't pop) and some around my cheeks. I have become super self conscious about this issue. Here are my speculations of the causes: increase in hormone levels from heavy lifting triggering this issue or protein (taken with milk). What can I do to prevent acne? I've been using Stridex pads right after work outs yet acne still forms
ohwell.gif
. I have used the St. Ives exfoliating wash and that ishhh caused more pimples
mad.gif
. I guess I have super sensitive skin. Any advice would be much appreciated!
nerd.gif
I would start by cutting out the milk. Milk provides few health benefits for adults and can contribute to acne. 
If you need the extra calories buy some weight gainer and mix it with water. Won't taste as good but you'll be able to cut out something that could be contributing to your acne problem.

Back
Top Bottom