Active NBA Players that are LOCKS to make in the Hall of Fame?

Originally Posted by Enlightened Thought

stephen jackson.

I think I see what you did there.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by SIRWAGON

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

Blasphemous.

actually it's a lot closer than you think.

and that's just on the NBA level. dirk has international accolades flyimg out his +!+.

just because barkley is from a different era, doesnt mean the things dirk accomplished mean any less.

nowitzki has an mvp. he's in.

EDIT: !*+# wrong quote. i meant to quote the dirk/barkley thing
laugh.gif
. ok, fixed.
yea when it comes to accomplishments i guess you could say dirk is up there. nobodies saying that dirk is even almost as good as barkley because that would be blasphemy...
i hate it but steve nash will make HOF when i could name like 5 point guards that i would take before him that arent going to the HOF
Mark Price
Kevin Johnson
Stephon Marbury
Rod Strickland
Baron Davis... of the top of my head

you'd be choosing wrong 5 times.

especially baron, and marbury?

nash is a winner. period.

he's hasnt missed the playoffs since becoming a starter. that's a decade straight.

baron has been there 2, 3 times? marbury once? twice?

these guys show occasional flashes from time to time and people say they 'just need this and this, then they're going to be great'

but nash puts it down for a decade and people cant diss him enough.

i have no idea how anyone can even attempt to discredit steve nash and the things he has done on the court.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I think you should automatically disregard anyone from the 2003-draft to present (with the exception of maybe Wade, since he has a Finals MVP/ring, you never know what freak injuries may occur).

Kobe
Shaq
KG
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce
Nash
Chauncey
AI
Duncan
Yao
Dirk
Vince Carter

Kobe, Shaq, KG, AI, Duncan, and Nash are all locks.

Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Chauncey, and Dirk are on the fence and all may need to do a little more to have stronger consideration. Yao is on the outsidelooking in at this point.

Vince? Please. Other than being 99 Rookie of the year and a slam dunk contest winner and having a gold medal, he hasn't done anything more significantthat is HOF worthy.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ those mentioning the likes of Marbury, Baron Davis, T-Mac. Amazing.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Only looking at the relatively older guys...

Locks ... Duncan, Iverson, Garnett, Shaq, Kidd, Kobe

Guys that I think will get in ... Dirk, Nash, Pierce

I kinda wonder about Ray Allen, but I really lean towards no... To me he's more a great shooter than a great basketball player... I dunno, maybe that's just me though...

And guys like Vince Carter and McGrady do nothing for me...
Ray Allen WILL be a HOF'er. Reason being is that he is on track to shatter all of Reggie Miller's 3pt shooting records. Plus, he has aring. His ticket is sealed.

Some of these names are hilarious

For those saying Dirk/Nash won't get in...Every League MVP has gotten into the Hall of Fame

All of them. Every. Single. One. Doesn't matter whether you think they deserve the MVP's or not...they're getting in. They're locks.Shouldn't even be a discussion IMO

Look it up if you don't believe...as soon as they qualify, their voted in

I'm sorry, but Dirk not getting in first ballot would be preposterous. He still has a good 5+ years left in him, he's not injury prone, he's stillan effective shooter, he'll still be a problem because his game relies on him being a good all-around player, not a good athlete.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Word, Dirk is in?

I haven't looked at the numbers much, but it seems to me that if Dirk is in, then VC should get in as well.

They both go hand in hand to me.

IMO, both are borderline, depending how they finish their careers.
i bash dirk all the time but fact is the soft bum is proably going to end his career as top 5 best forgin born player in NBA history that alonewill get him in.

Originally Posted by JD617

Originally Posted by mushu22

i dont think ray allen will be in the hall of fame, his career is to streaky no consistency. even in boston, he didnt step up until the finals.

What? Because he hit a slump in the playoffs last year his career has no consistency? I don't think he's a lock but I think he'll get in.
he's a glorified role player , he may have shot a high number of 3s, but he was never a game changer. and the reggie miller comparison, reggie miller had the ability to take over game offensively and defensively. granted allen was an excellent shooter but he didnt make a significantdifference in the teams accomplishments, and the year he did win he did very little to contribute , he didnt even look like a starter.

Originally Posted by amel223

If people on here are saying Lebron can retire right now and get in, then so can Dwyane Wade.....
exactly, Wade's career thus far > Lebron.. but either way, it's too early for either of those guys to be mentioned. i'm justagreeing with you to counter the clowns saying Lebron could retire right now and get in.

Word, Dirk is in?

I haven't looked at the numbers much, but it seems to me that if Dirk is in, then VC should get in as well.

umm... what? what does Dirk have to do with VC?
since when does VC have an MVP?
when has VC ever led his team to the Finals?
that comment was ridiculous. VC's NBA career is not on the same level as Dirk's.

Dirk is a mortal lock.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

Originally Posted by Not a sneak

well not locks but Fisher, Zo, and Horry will make it.
fisher? a guy averaging 9.1ppg and 3.3apg over his career is a HoF'er??
laugh.gif

Not that I agree with the initial statement but other players have gotten in averaging less. For example, K.C. Jones.
I am aware of his other credentials, for the record.Oh and off-topic but people who believe that Horry should get in usually cite K.C. Jones.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Word, Dirk is in?

Not even close.. Any way you look at it, Dirk beats Carter... Other than the fact that Vince was more of an NBA icon than Dirk.

The most obvious and biggest difference is that Dirk won the MVP.

Dirk has also advanced further in the playoffs - making the NBA finals and several conference finals.

Dirk is a 3 x All-NBA 1st team, 3 x All-NBA 2nd and 2 x All-NBA 3rd team selection compared to Carter's 1 x All-NBA 2nd and 1 x All-NBA 3rd team selection.

Statistically, he is every bit as good and probably better than Carter. Dirk is a HOFer if his career ends tomorrow.

Blasphemous.

and that's just on the NBA level. dirk has international accolades flyimg out his +!+.

just because barkley is from a different era, doesnt mean the things dirk accomplished mean any less.

laugh.gif
. ok, fixed.
yea when it comes to accomplishments i guess you could say dirk is up there. nobodies saying that dirk is even almost as good as barkley because that would be blasphemy...
i hate it but steve nash will make HOF when i could name like 5 point guards that i would take before him that arent going to the HOF
Mark Price
Kevin Johnson
Stephon Marbury
Rod Strickland

he's hasnt missed the playoffs since becoming a starter. that's a decade straight.

these guys show occasional flashes from time to time and people say they 'just need this and this, then they're going to be great'

i have no idea how anyone can even attempt to discredit steve nash and the things he has done on the court.
?

Huh?

Tell me outta these guys who Nash is better then. Again.

Magic
Isaiah
Stockton
Payton
Kidd
Billups
Parker
CP3
DWilliams

And I know DWill and Paul are still just kids, but what they are doing already in their career > anything Nash ever did.

Nobody in their right mind would take Nash over ANY of those PG's. The guy is closer and closer to not even being a top ten PG in history and yet everyonewants to call him an automatic lock.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I think you should automatically disregard anyone from the 2003-draft to present (with the exception of maybe Wade, since he has a Finals MVP/ring, you never know what freak injuries may occur).

Kobe
Shaq
KG
Ray Allen
Paul Pierce?
Nash
Chauncey
AI
Duncan
Yao
Dirk
Vince Carter?

Any who don't deserve who I listed or anyone I forgot?

Once again, I'd disregard anyone who's in the 2003 draft or later because ALL of those players are too short as of right now, and you don't make a hall of fame career in 5 years in my opinion.

J Kidd is a complete lock. Third in career Triple Doubles and two NBA Finals appearances....

Originally Posted by CP1708

Blasphemous.

laugh.gif
. ok, fixed.
Mark Price
Kevin Johnson
Stephon Marbury
Rod Strickland

?

Huh?

Tell me outta these guys who Nash is better then. Again.

Magic
Isaiah
Stockton
Payton
Kidd
Billups
Parker
CP3
DWilliams

And I know DWill and Paul are still just kids, but what they are doing already in their career > anything Nash ever did.

Nobody in their right mind would take Nash over ANY of those PG's. The guy is closer and closer to not even being a top ten PG in history and yet everyone wants to call him an automatic lock.
smh.gif

Nash isn't significantly worse than any of those PG's as far as being a PG and passing the ball goes. Nash is arguably the best shooterfrom those guys aside from Stockton. The thing is you can't compare Nash to guys like Deron and Chris Paul now man... Nash is an aging PG who although isstill effective, just doesn't have the athleticism the kids now have. Of course you'll see Deron and CP3 as better, but they're in their prime (orprogressively getting better), while Nash is breaking down slowly. Don't get me wrong, Nash is not like the other PG's, he's no where near as goodas defense as ANY of those guys, but Nash is one of those offensive PG's who can hit big shots for you and make it happen. I'm not just saying thisbecause Nash will always be one of my favorite players, but he can dribble it upcourt in the clutch of the game and nail a three like it's nothing. Lasttime I checked, they didn't exclude players if they weren't a top 10 player in their position, either.

The straight up truth is, the man has two MVPs, call them tainted if you want, but those Suns teams were juggernauts. He's a lock, there's not a chancein hell a two-time MVP doesn't make it.

I completely know about Nash at the end of his career shouldn't be compared to CP3 or DWill, what I was talking about is what those two guys are doing now,in their youth, far exceeds anything Nash has done in any of his years in the NBA. Youth, prime, declining years, those two are putting up far better seasons.

So I didn't mean to compare them today to Nash today, I'm not that unfair.
laugh.gif

And he's getting in soley on his two MVP's, then all those voters should have their voting rights revoked. I said it then, I say it now. Giving himthose MVP's was the dumbest thing I have ever seen. And he is rewarded and sent to the hall because of it, then the NBA is a sad league.

Nash is going to the HOF. Not necessarily 1st or 2nd ballot, but he is a lock to make it in.

As for young guys like Melo, CP3, D-Williams, etc...no one doubts that they will one day have HOF credentials, but if they were to retire today, they wouldntget in.

I think that T-Mac and Vince will get in, despite never winning anything.

Back
Top Bottom