ACURA TL 2006-2008 OWNERS, PLEASE COME IN, REVIEWS OF YOUR CARS PLEASE.

I'm looking to get a pre-owned Acura TL 2006-2008.

People who own these cars and can shed any light on their performance or problems they have had ?

Please let me hear you.

Thank you.

For the money its the best car out the car, no problems at all

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
TL's

My mom has one, and short of basic maintenance I don't think she's had any problems with it, the car has been perfect.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

My mom has one, and short of basic maintenance I don't think she's had any problems with it, the car has been perfect.

Same thing for my friend. He has one and I know he loves it. Besides the ******ed accidents he's been in zero problems with his car and he drives itpretty hard here.

I personally own an '07 Acura TL Type S - bought it brand new and put about 26.5k miles - and I have no qualms w/ it. I love driving it and the sight of iteveryday.

However, that's not to say I haven't had issues w/ it. For one... I had rattling problems w/ my rear speakers when the volume was high or the bass wasthumping. Because it's still under warranty, I had the dealership fix it. They were able to subside the rattling but it still persists a bit. Also, thelowest audible volume level - meaning one notch lower would turn off the volume - is still pretty loud. It doesn't bother me much since I like to blast mymusic, but there ought to be a few notches lower on the volume level before it becomes completely mute. (This wasn't a problem that developed w/ time;it's just the way they made the car.)

Second, not really an issue but just from wear and tear - the leather on the seats creases/wrinkles like a MOFO. You really need to take care of 'em,meaning cleaning and conditioning the leather at least every 2-3 months.

But the pros far outweigh the cons (although some of these features aren't available on the basic TL) - the GPS, rearview camera, bluetooth, 6 cd/mp3player, iPod audio connector, and voice command - these features basically sold me on the car.

I owned the car for 2 years now and so far *knock on wood* I haven't had any mechanical problems.

Let me know if you have any questions... I'll be glad to answer 'em for you.

ive been looking to pick up a TL if the same year as of late. all the research ive done, basically says this is the perfect car. just make sure you get thenavi and you straight

"Bad" things about the '06:

- 6CD Audio CD Changer. I'd be a million times happier with a 1-disc MP3 deck.
- In-cabin rattling noise. Doesn't hurt performance but it's still an annoyance.
- Not sure what you'd call it, but the door stops are annoying. For ex. when you open a door, it doesn't stay in the spot...it either moves out furtheror inward to a stopped area, and sometimes the door closes on you.
- No auto-headlights? Auto-folding mirrors? Thought this was luxury...
- City MPG. Rated at 21, actual around 15.5-16. Highway's another story; on a recent drive to Philly, I averaged 29 MPG.

All of my complaints are minor, and based on personal preference. Outside of that, the car performs great, looks great, and has zero problems. The bestbang-for-buck car new or pre-owned.

pimp.gif
TLs
I have an 04, I love it. Had it for about a year and no problems. Yes I had the rattling too but I had it fixed kinda.
Check out Acurazine

i been planning to get a TL for the longest time. like everyone else said, one of the best cars for the amount of money spent.
i remember someone mentioning on here that you should never get one before 05 or 03 because the transmissions had problems or something so you should be finein that department.

Houston- Do you have any pics of yours? I remember you posted them before I think. Car was illy.
pimp.gif

So other a few minor annoyances, the car doesn't have any major problems.

I have actually seen a few 07s for a decent price with decent mileage.

I didnt really want the navigation, but I have seen some with it and i might have to.

How many miles is too many miles for a pre-owned car like this ? I dont want to get anything with more than 30,000 miles.

Is that a good number ?

It depends on what model year you buy. I believe the average driving mileage per year is between 10k-12k mi. So anything more than 12k mi. on an '08 is abit much whereas anything less than 36k mi. on an '06 is about right.

i always tell people tl's are prob. one of the best cars you can buy for the money...my dad has a 00 w/ 142k miles and fortunately we didn't have thetransmission problem but now it starts to hiccup once in a rare occasion.

as far as the creaking noise everyone's complaining about, yea it seems like it's inevitable in every gen. but it's not just acura either, i'veheard new g37 owners complain about creaking noises in the cabin too. interior-wise acura and infiniti still has A LOT to catch up to lexus but the car as awhole is definitely a good buy.

I got two friends that have a TL this gen. One bought a totaled one for 5-6K and one brought it brand new for 30+k. Four years later you cant tell thedifference. Both outstanding cars.

With rims. GAME OVER!

i own an 07 acura TL-S myself, ive had it for about 2 years too, the car is fine, resell value sucks!...specially if you been caught in a small fender bender.

a few problems ive had are minor, more like sensors going ballistic on me, nothing serious.

- gas casket sencor always goes off, telling me i didnt tighten correctly.
- tire preassure senosrs tend to go off aswell, this went n for a while until i went to the dealer to get all four of my tires replaced.
- maintanence at the acura dealer is shady, my experience with ny and nj dealers is that they do everything in their power to blow you off if you bring the carin with a problem, my tire sensors were going off for about a year and they kept telling me it was due to temperature changes, it wasnt until i dropped 800$ ofmy own money on tires that they took the time out to replace my sensors which were all shot! BEWARE of dealers.

THE BIGGEST ISSUE IVE HAD BEFORE I FORGET AND I THINK THIS AN ALL AROUND THING WITH NEW ACURAS BECAUSE IT HAPPENED TO ME WITH A LOANER 2009 TSX IS, THE EFFINBATTERY. I HAD TO GET MINES REPLACE BECAUSE SINCE THE VERY BEGINING IF I LEFT MY HAZARD LIGHTS ON FOR LONGER THAN 40 MINUTES OR THE RADIO ON WHILE THE CAR WASIDLED FOR HALF AN HOUR, MY BATTERY WILL BE IMMEADIATELY DRAINED.

all in all i think its a good car, if i could do it all over i would have waited a few months and gotten the mercedes C-class....for the same 40k i got my tl-si could have gotten the Mercedes.

I donot recommend you get a pre-owned.

i'm thinking about trading my '09 accord for an '08 tls.

performs and looks banging.

I had an 05 and it had no problems at all. I didn't have it very long so I can't say about long term reliability but Hondas/Acuras last a long time aslong as you keep up with its routine maintenance. For the v6 power it gets good MPG. I kind of regret selling it. Get the 07-08 TL-S if you can afford it.

i have had my 07 TL Type-S for about 8 months now and its probably the best purchase i've made in my life thus far.
it has all the amenities you could think of and more. its a comfortable ride, but you can still it has a slight performance feel to it.
overall, the TL is an all around great car.

Back
Top Bottom