ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

So a month back maybe longer, I broke down and copped the white primeknit crazy explosive low for 50% off retail. I was super excited after seeing all the reviews. After playing in them one time, I don't get all the hype around them. I didn't feel enough cushion and my feet hurt afterwards. Have them stashed away for now. You guys think this shoe is comfortable? Does it have a long break-in period? I was hoping it would be like some Kobe IXs that require no break-in at all.

They look great with the white outsole!

Dont recommend the greys though, i got the early ones with the light blue outsole and the grey looked real dirty after only a couple of games.
My highs seem to be wearing away quite quickly, yet both my lows are fine...

i had the exact same experience my greys were trashed after a couple of wears, even noticed sweat stained the uppers :smh:

So a month back maybe longer, I broke down and copped the white primeknit crazy explosive low for 50% off retail. I was super excited after seeing all the reviews. After playing in them one time, I don't get all the hype around them. I didn't feel enough cushion and my feet hurt afterwards. Have them stashed away for now. You guys think this shoe is comfortable? Does it have a long break-in period? I was hoping it would be like some Kobe IXs that require no break-in at all.
I didn't think they were that great either . Don't listen to others.. if it ain't for you it ain't for you

I love the lows, they play well for me and are super comfy. No break in needed. At the end of the day every foot is different hey

i had the exact same experience my greys were trashed after a couple of wears, even noticed sweat stained the uppers :smh:

Yeah, I managed to clean them up alot just with soap, cold water and a rag.

These are at the top of my rotation now so I can shred them as fast as possible haha

I kinda felt like that when I first got them, I felt no cushion at all but boy the impact protection on them are freaking insane, since I've been ballin in them for the last month, I've felt 0 pain in my joints or legs because of em, maybe you shoulda gone a half size up or something?

Last edited:
its barely going to cost Adidas much to produce a limited colorway, hell even those 30 pairs of Nick Young would be fine

stamp a Houston limited edition and I bet you those 30 pairs will move :lol: hell double that to 60 and I bet all of the pairs will sell :rofl:

I don't need to say anything else on this subject, you clearly don't get it.

I do get it, we just have different perspectives. I understand your side, I am not sure why you can't understand mine and acting like it'll cost Adidas billions by saying EG isn't worth a single PE to be sold even a few pairs in the city he plays in.

You say it's a waste of money to spend anything on promoting EG as the 6th man, like it's going to take millions to produce a limited amount of PE for the public as a marketing ploy.

I believe that it will help and if you are a brand who plans to catch up to Nike, then you got to take any chance you can get. Again, you are acting like I am asking them to spend millions to produce some sig shoes for him.

And you can't seem to understand (or choose not to) that even if EG isn't popular or no one cares about the 6th man award, any exposure to the shoes is good exposure.

As for paying NBA players, they are already paying EG so why not put in some leg work from them, I am sure it is in their contract to do some ads for it. You mention other players like Ibaka, well maybe if he won DoPY or something, then maybe they could promote the DRose7s he wears.

It's really as simple as that. You don't think it's worth it to and I do.

It's really not that hard to get. I even get your sarcasm that less than a dozen people cares about EGs shoes, which is absolutely wrong.

Again you are acting like making a 100-200 pairs of PEs for sale with EGs logo is going to cost them so much when they easily produce those in their warehouse for a few extra cents per pair. And as I said, people aren't simply buying the EG logo on the CE, of course not everyone is going to pay $130 just for that but people will buy if it's a good colorway and many would buy for it being simply limited edition. Again the nice CE hi colorways soldout quick, Nick Youngs 30 or whatever less than 100 pairs they made sold out. I can't see EGs PE doing much worse and a blk/red colorway is very popular and hasn't released in CEs yet, make that colorway for him and it'll sell.

I am also not saying EG is going to be their saving grace, of course their biggest bet is going to be on the future stars but all I am saying that you may or may not want to understand is that it wouldn't hurt Adidas to say "EG, congrats on the 6th man award, here's 100 pairs of your PE being sold in Houston". Is that so bad? Hell make it bred colorway and release it as a GR even with his logo like Wiggins and if the color is nice enough, it will sell well. Hell you really just have to announce it on twitter or send a pair to Nightwing to do a vid on it and it'll get enough exposure there that they won't even spend much on marketing.

Hell UAs been sending YTers an ipad mini with their new thread born shoes and I am sure overall those will sell better than EGs PEs but that also tells you that they got money to waste on marketing so it really can't hurt Adidas by doing a little something for EG.

And yes I know I've repeated myself and my point over and over and over again, that is on purpose so hopefully you get the point I am trying to get across :lol: and that I also understand where you are coming from :rofl:

But really, I've written way too much and spent more than time on this than I intended to so go ahead and get your last word in and let's finish up with this discussion because chances are we've just reach an impasse.

Last edited:
I played with the AW CE i got for 70 USD.

This is very comfortable. Easily my most cushy ball shoes in my rotation. 

Problem is that I used it outdoor and it destroyed the sole partially. I hope they can have it with the continental sole. 

Right now this sits on the 2nd spots on my top 5 ball shoes.

Here's mine, then share yours as well. 

Top 5 Ball Shoes

1. Jordan M11

2. Adidas Crazy Explosive High

3. Brandblack JC3

4. Soldier 9

5. Lebron 9 Elite

I do get it, we just have different perspectives. I understand your side, I am not sure why you can't understand mine and acting like it'll cost Adidas billions by saying EG isn't worth a single PE to be sold even a few pairs in the city he plays in.

You say it's a waste of money to spend anything on promoting EG as the 6th man, like it's going to take millions to produce a limited amount of PE for the public as a marketing ploy.

I believe that it will help and if you are a brand who plans to catch up to Nike, then you got to take any chance you can get. Again, you are acting like I am asking them to spend millions to produce some sig shoes for him.

And you can't seem to understand (or choose not to) that even if EG isn't popular or no one cares about the 6th man award, any exposure to the shoes is good exposure.

As for paying NBA players, they are already paying EG so why not put in some leg work from them, I am sure it is in their contract to do some ads for it. You mention other players like Ibaka, well maybe if he won DoPY or something, then maybe they could promote the DRose7s he wears.

It's really as simple as that. You don't think it's worth it to and I do.

It's really not that hard to get. I even get your sarcasm that less than a dozen people cares about EGs shoes, which is absolutely wrong.

Again you are acting like making a 100-200 pairs of PEs for sale with EGs logo is going to cost them so much when they easily produce those in their warehouse for a few extra cents per pair. And as I said, people aren't simply buying the EG logo on the CE, of course not everyone is going to pay $130 just for that but people will buy if it's a good colorway and many would buy for it being simply limited edition. Again the nice CE hi colorways soldout quick, Nick Youngs 30 or whatever less than 100 pairs they made sold out. I can't see EGs PE doing much worse and a blk/red colorway is very popular and hasn't released in CEs yet, make that colorway for him and it'll sell.

I am also not saying EG is going to be their saving grace, of course their biggest bet is going to be on the future stars but all I am saying that you may or may not want to understand is that it wouldn't hurt Adidas to say "EG, congrats on the 6th man award, here's 100 pairs of your PE being sold in Houston". Is that so bad? Hell make it bred colorway and release it as a GR even with his logo like Wiggins and if the color is nice enough, it will sell well. Hell you really just have to announce it on twitter or send a pair to Nightwing to do a vid on it and it'll get enough exposure there that they won't even spend much on marketing.

Hell UAs been sending YTers an ipad mini with their new thread born shoes and I am sure overall those will sell better than EGs PEs but that also tells you that they got money to waste on marketing so it really can't hurt Adidas by doing a little something for EG.

And yes I know I've repeated myself and my point over and over and over again, that is on purpose so hopefully you get the point I am trying to get across :lol: and that I also understand where you are coming from :rofl:

But really, I've written way too much and spent more than time on this than I intended to so go ahead and get your last word in and let's finish up with this discussion because chances are we've just reach an impasse.
there would be literally no reason bruh, it wouldn't push sales for the CEs, it wouldn't make them money, it wouldn't give them exposure, it wouldn't do jack **** for their bottom line. Give E.G. one shoe and there wouldn't be a market for it. This entire argument is freaking useless lol, you're basically saying drop a model for E.G. just for the hell of it, no one curr about that dude, and honestly even as a huge basketball fan I could give two ***** about a pair from him :lol: and you say what's the harm? how about it being a waste of their time, ain't nobody got time fo dat

Last edited:
I kinda felt like that when I first got them, I felt no cushion at all but boy the impact protection on them are freaking insane, since I've been ballin in them for the last month, I've felt 0 pain in my joints or legs because of em, maybe you shoulda gone a half size up or something?

Probably. I went TTS. Feels a little tight around the sides of my forefoot and I don't consider myself wide footed. Maybe a few more wears will stretch it out some.

Last edited:
Got an early morning run on the CE lows, I went a half size up and it feels the same as the highs length-wise but running around in it, I can definitely feel a bit of a heel slip. Shoe didn't come off but feeling like it could at anytime was bothersome at times. I have a feeling that the CE highs would probably feel the same but it being high and being able to lace them up higher makes them feel more secure. Everything was superb though, traction was very good (though the court was pretty clean) and cushion is a little more squishy than the CLBs but not unstable.

Had to go back to my go to these days, the CLB16s.

View media item 2441267

Last edited:
Got an early morning run on the CE lows, I went a half size up and it feels the same as the highs length-wise but running around in it, I can definitely feel a bit of a heel slip. Shoe didn't come off but feeling like it could at anytime was bothersome at times. I have a feeling that the CE highs would probably feel the same but it being high and being able to lace them up higher makes them feel more secure. Everything was superb though, traction was very good (though the court was pretty clean) and cushion is a little more squishy than the CLBs but not unstable.

Had to go back to my go to these days, the CLB16s.

View media item 2441267
Crank up the laces and you'll be good tbh

I hope they don't discontinue the CLB line, how many PK versions of the 16s did they even release?

View media item 2441683

Idk which one they released to the public but i know they had the one above, the all star, nick young PE, and the light blue ones. And so far there is only 2 CE PK lows available to the public. They need to release more colorways lol

I think it did but was limited, I am not 100% sure but I think what released was the CNY version that has a different logo on the tongue. Might have also just released outside of the US, I am not sure.

But Nightwing did get that colorway (from Adidas?) before the CLB16s released and the PKs for CLB16s didn't really come out til maybe at least 6 months later.

Really not sure why they decided to just not release many PKs for the CLB16s, I think there was one or two colorways available on ADC and the rest were a scavenger hunt.

I need those CNY. Adidas :smh: released the teal/white pk. Maybe the grey/orange/purple too can't remember maybe it was overseas. And the Lakers colorway. Maybe they're fazing out the CLB line?

That sucks because it's pretty much the middle ground of boostiness between the DRose7 and CEs and it's a lowtop and I find it way better than the DRose7s (maybe because heel slip wasn't a problem for me?).

But it seems like it was pretty much set-up to fail, even the non-PK version only released in a handful of colorways.

That sucks because it's pretty much the middle ground of boostiness between the DRose7 and CEs and it's a lowtop and I find it way better than the DRose7s (maybe because heel slip wasn't a problem for me?).

But it seems like it was pretty much set-up to fail, even the non-PK version only released in a handful of colorways.
So you like the setup of the CLB16 better than the D Rose 7? I thought the midsole was the same?

I find the midsole on the DRose7 to be thinner and that is despite replacing the cheap thin insole with a thicker insole from the 6s, it still felt like there is very little boost. I also do not like the amount of negative space there are on the front, I have the non-PK and there's just too much room. My knees also hurts a few hours later after I play long hours in them, I could probably run 2-3 games max and that's usually a sign that my shoes aren't giving enough impact protection/cushion in the forefoot while int eh CLB16s, I could run games all day and have no knee problems.

I am also biased since I prefer lows over highs but that wasn't even the biggest factor in my decision between the two and speaking of lows/mids, are the DRose7s low still releasing or they are just going to be moving on to the 8s?

I find the midsole on the DRose7 to be thinner and that is despite replacing the cheap thin insole with a thicker insole from the 6s, it still felt like there is very little boost. I also do not like the amount of negative space there are on the front, I have the non-PK and there's just too much room. My knees also hurts a few hours later after I play long hours in them, I could probably run 2-3 games max and that's usually a sign that my shoes aren't giving enough impact protection/cushion in the forefoot while int eh CLB16s, I could run games all day and have no knee problems.

I am also biased since I prefer lows over highs but that wasn't even the biggest factor in my decision between the two and speaking of lows/mids, are the DRose7s low still releasing or they are just going to be moving on to the 8s?

Thanks for the detailed info! I have the D Rose 7's and thinking about picking up a pair of the CLB16's.

They're definitely probably moving on to the 8's.

Back
Top Bottom