ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Hooped in some 16 CLBs for the first time last night. I enjoyed them but definitely felt the lock down/ heel slippage issue on some hard drives. Who has done the schwollo lacing custom? I’m ready to punch some more holes, just wondering if you guys have any advice before I do? After you add the extra lace holes do you still use the plastic lace thingy or just avoid it all together? Any insight is appreciated. TIA

Reactions: God
Hooped in some 16 CLBs for the first time last night. I enjoyed them but definitely felt the lock down/ heel slippage issue on some hard drives. Who has done the schwollo lacing custom? I’m ready to punch some more holes, just wondering if you guys have any advice before I do? After you add the extra lace holes do you still use the plastic lace thingy or just avoid it all together? Any insight is appreciated. TIA

i'll assume you posted in the wrong thread, wth are talking about!!

i'll assume you posted in the wrong thread, wth are talking about!!

The crazy light boosts have some heel lockdown issues and the performance reviewer schwollo punched some extra lace holes in them which helped the issue. A few people have talked about in this thread.

i just want a pair to hoop in, but at $200, that might be over my budget, maybe $195.

yo Adidas is saying $180...idk know where this $200 is coming from. I'll say wait for the byw x pair if you planning on using them to hoop in.

http://www.adidas.com/us/747warehousest

i'm sure a few spots will have worldwide/nationwide with the discount code. to get them under retail. I'm not gonna wait for them hit outlets too. that to me is ridiculous. i want the latest and greatest, so im gonna drop msrp for them. unless i get lucky and see them on a sale down the road.

Last edited:

I was thinking about punching extra lace holes in my 16’ CLBs as well to help improve lockdown. This is my main gripe with most adidas basketball shoes.

I was thinking about punching extra lace holes in my 16’ CLBs as well to help improve lockdown. This is my main gripe with most adidas basketball shoes.

Lillard 2 was good for me. The only other adi I’ve played in was the harden and the fit just wasn’t right for me. I have a pair of 16 ce pk lows or dame 3s queued up for after these CLBs. I’ll probably end up punching the holes tomorrow night and tinkering with the laces during a run Monday night. If it fixes the problem these will be amazing to play in.

Reactions: God
I tried not putting my laces into the plastic holes and that helped with lockdown for me. I gotta look up what the schwollo lacing custom is though, I remember reading about it a long time ago.

Lillard 2 was good for me. The only other adi I’ve played in was the harden and the fit just wasn’t right for me. I have a pair of 16 ce pk lows or dame 3s queued up for after these CLBs. I’ll probably end up punching the holes tomorrow night and tinkering with the laces during a run Monday night. If it fixes the problem these will be amazing to play in.
Take pics of the finish product, interested to see how'd they look like/feel like.

yo Adidas is saying $180...idk know where this $200 is coming from. I'll say wait for the byw x pair if you planning on using them to hoop in.

http://www.adidas.com/us/747warehousest

i'm sure a few spots will have worldwide/nationwide with the discount code. to get them under retail. I'm not gonna wait for them hit outlets too. that to me is ridiculous. i want the latest and greatest, so im gonna drop msrp for them. unless i get lucky and see them on a sale down the road.

good looking out sir!

Take pics of the finish product, interested to see how'd they look like/feel like.

I found the schwollo “project” and just tried to emulate the placement, best part is the plastic wing thing covers the new holes. As soon as I laced them up I felt a big difference, bounced around the living room a little, heels are not slipping at all. Can’t wait to test them on court tomorrow night!!

BD922FC4-6143-4ED6-9EDE-7A04212287A9.jpeg

I found the schwollo “project” and just tried to emulate the placement, best part is the plastic wing thing covers the new holes. As soon as I laced them up I felt a big difference, bounced around the living room a little, heels are not slipping at all. Can’t wait to test them on court tomorrow night!!

BD922FC4-6143-4ED6-9EDE-7A04212287A9.jpeg
:emoji_thinking: Gonna play in mines on Monday and see if it's necessary to do that, but damn a big difference, I might as well tbh, what kind of hole puncher did you use.

Back
Top Bottom