ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Better prices on GOAT
currently have the 98 byw x for $50 in a few large sizes

i only want the Pharrell's up there size 11

Goat: $145+$10
Stockx: $155+$14

guess stockx prices rising, they were on the low but that's current

Last edited:
I just got them bad boys today. Haven't played in them yet but did walk around the house in them. They are surprisingly comfortable. Despite their look, they are easier to put on than the KD9. I went tts and they fit me perfectly. I really love the colorway and the outsole of these. The shoes are minimalistic and yet very sexy.
IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0555.jpg

I just got them bad boys today. Haven't played in them yet but did walk around the house in them. They are surprisingly comfortable. Despite their look, they are easier to put on than the KD9. I went tts and they fit me perfectly. I really love the colorway and the outsole of these. The shoes are minimalistic and yet very sexy.
IMG_0554.jpg IMG_0555.jpg
I will be coping these soon. Love the color blocking on these . Only shoe out of the marvel line up I really liked

There are four circular basins (for a lack of better terms) on the forefoot of the outsole . Does anyone know their function? I am really curious as to why they're there.
IMG_0556.jpg

Haven’t been to my local Adidas outlet since the 50% off sale last weekend, but they had the red/volt N3XT L3V3L for $150 before discount (I feel silly typing that name out btw)... tried them on and the cushioning felt good but felt like containment would be an issue.

This thread has been way too slow the last year or so. It's too bad there aren't more good boost hoop shoes to talk about...

This thread has been way too slow the last year or so. It's too bad there aren't more good boost hoop shoes to talk about...
I’m a big fan of the Marquee Boost, starting to see them in the $70 price range and even lower on certain sites if you have a discount code.
image.jpg

Got the Laker colorway coming in next week

I’m a big fan of the Marquee Boost, starting to see them in the $70 price range and even lower on certain sites if you have a discount code.
image.jpg

Got the Laker colorway coming in next week

I've got the black/gum colourway there and like them, but not in love with them. Had some minor heel slippage in them (not CLB16 level though) when I first started wearing them but now they've broken in it's gone and I don't notice it during games though. I still feel like the heel sits a bit low on my achilles, more of a perception issue than actual anything wrong. Other than that the fit is pretty good now, a little tight across the top of my foot though but nothing painful. The herringbone is way too tight though, I'm getting all sorts of stuff stuck in it. Great on clean courts but builds up dust too easily on dirty ones.

Tried on a pair of Harden V3s and felt like the fit was a lot better (for me), especially around the heel/achilles and that cats tongue material is so much better in that area. Still I only paid $70 for the Marquees so not disappointed, but if I could find some Harden V3 for a similar price in a decent colourway I'd grab them in an instant.

I've got the black/gum colourway there and like them, but not in love with them. Had some minor heel slippage in them (not CLB16 level though) when I first started wearing them but now they've broken in it's gone and I don't notice it during games though. I still feel like the heel sits a bit low on my achilles, more of a perception issue than actual anything wrong. Other than that the fit is pretty good now, a little tight across the top of my foot though but nothing painful. The herringbone is way too tight though, I'm getting all sorts of stuff stuck in it. Great on clean courts but builds up dust too easily on dirty ones.

Tried on a pair of Harden V3s and felt like the fit was a lot better (for me), especially around the heel/achilles and that cats tongue material is so much better in that area. Still I only paid $70 for the Marquees so not disappointed, but if I could find some Harden V3 for a similar price in a decent colourway I'd grab them in an instant.
Interesting. Have both and my experience was the opposite, Marquee locked me in and heel slip in the Vol 3. Traction was pretty similar on both, not sure if I noticed anything out of the norm...heel boost in Marquee def on the plusher side. Both are really good though, don’t think you can go wrong either way

Interesting. Have both and my experience was the opposite, Marquee locked me in and heel slip in the Vol 3.

Think it comes down to my foot shape, it was really hard to really get the laces tight enough for me in the Marquee's without significant lacing pressure at the beginning. Even now they're really tight under the laces but fine everywhere else. Always have some issues with adidas sizing.

As you said though they're both great options, especially if you're getting them heavily discounted.

Back
Top Bottom