ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Will post more of my opinion later, only got one quick game in b/c they're too tight. I went .5 down and will have to return to Amazon and buy a 9.5. I wear 9 in
Lillards.
Wide footer? I went half size down in the Lillards and Roses. I was planning to in these too. Hmmm. Now I'm a little worried.
Exactly. I went with a size 9 for the Lillards. Was gonna go with a size 9 with the 2016 CLB. For other reference, im a size 9.5 in Kobe 8/9 lows, size 9 in curry 2

Will try to post comparison pics with Lillards tomorrow. I do not have a wide foot. I could probably keep these but my left toe feels a bit too close to the end. With thin socks, .5 down probably not an issue, but I wear pretty thick elite socks. I wore 9.5 in CL2015 Primeknit and didn't think those had enough support around the middle part of the foot. 9.5 in Kobe 11 (although that shoe feels long in the toe box to me).

My quick take after only the one quick run: Found the cushioning to be top notch (better than full zoom Kobe 11 I have been playing in for the past few months), traction as well. No lace pressure issues (so far). Like the tongue and waiting to see if that lip over the back of the heel will be an issue at all, doubtful with high enough socks. Amazing right out of the box, and I'm a long time Nike hoops enthusiast.

Update with pics (although the CL looks longer in 3rd pic, it has more interior padding compared to Kobe, especially around heel cup):
View media item 2086671View media item 2086676View media item 2086678View media item 2086679

Last edited:
@agrizzly21  appreciate the feedback on the shoe including sizing

I have a feeling this is going to be one of those stuck in the middle situations for me.  I swear this always happens... either I'm way too picky or my true size is an 11.25.  Looking forward to trying them on this weekend or next week.

Last edited:
Anyone know how the boost on these feel against the Rose 6? I was so excited for that shoe and it disappointed me. Need a 4th ball shoe in my rotation. 

Got the all whites CL on wednesday and was finally able to bring them out to hoop in ~3 hours worth of time on a clean court. Grip is INSANEEEE. Much better than the kobe 9, one of the best shoes as far as grip goes. The boost is alot of cushion. I know someone asked earlier, but it feels like ultraboost level of boost. Much firmer than the rose 6 and pure boost (which really isn't any boost really, its too soft). You won't be disappointed. I agree with NW when he says these are kobe on steroids, seriously, these are that good. 

As far as sizing goes, i hope i can help shed some light on that. I went TTS and it was perfect fit and I wore stance socks with them. I have the drose 6 (TTS), Lillard 2 (half size down), and CL 2.5 (half size down). Granted CL 2.5 ran really big but the lillard a little long but its either TTS or half size down on that depending on your foot. The only issue is the point where the sole wraps around to the pinky toe caused some discomfort but that was gone during play. Hope this helps y'all! You won't be disappointed with these, they are amazing. 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Highly suggest trying the clb on in-store first. The fnl I went to had the reds and they felt at least a half size too big and a little roomy and i usually have issues with tightness around fifth metatarsal

Highly suggest trying the clb on in-store first. The fnl I went to had the reds and they felt at least a half size too big and a little roomy and i usually have issues with tightness around fifth metatarsal

He went half size down in he end due to lacing set up but try on if possible .

https://schwollo.com/2016/06/30/adidas-crazylight-boost-2016-performance-review/

Last edited:
Be honest, does anyone actually read any of his reviews completely?  I love performance shoe discussion as much as anyone, but I just skim his stuff. 

Not tripping about the heel slip he experienced.  He listed shoes that gave him trouble that were fine for me.

Be honest, does anyone actually read any of his reviews completely?  I love performance shoe discussion as much as anyone, but I just skim his stuff. 

Not tripping about the heel slip he experienced.  He listed shoes that gave him trouble that were fine for me.
I read them lol. I actually like reading reviews over watching them. I'm old lol.

Yeah the heel slip thing doesn't bother me either. Everything else seems to be on POINT. 

ONE MORE DAY!

Looking for the black and white pair and every time this thread gets bumped I click hoping there would be a post that it is available early somewhere.

I read them lol. I actually like reading reviews over watching them. I'm old lol.

Yeah the heel slip thing doesn't bother me either. Everything else seems to be on POINT. 

ONE MORE DAY!
I prefer to read them too.  I rarely watch a NW or duke vid, but I read their reviews all the time.  It's becoming a lost art with youtube and all of these high-def. vids and people wanting visual stimulation.  I started back in Prof. K's day though, and all of the reviews back then were articles.

Schwollo's are just too much information mixed with pics and comparison pics.  Stuff I don't even want to know about.  A lot of it is irrelevant to me personally so I skip it.

Back
Top Bottom