ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I copped some ce lows but after trying them out i much prefer the highs. The fit and comfort is just better imo. Surprising since i usually like lowtops kicks best.

Love the regular CEs. Have 2 pair and thinking about buying a third since people say the traction life is short.

I copped some ce lows but after trying them out i much prefer the highs. The fit and comfort is just better imo. Surprising since i usually like lowtops kicks best.

Love the regular CEs. Have 2 pair and thinking about buying a third since people say the traction life is short.
Do you think the Primeknit CE Lows might change your mind? Or are the CE mids just far too superior?

Just got my white pk ce lows in and they feel good on foot. Fit is much like the highs. I'm gonna test them on court tomorrow. But most importantly they look amazing! These are gonna kill for casual wear.

Just got my white pk ce lows in and they feel good on foot. Fit is much like the highs. I'm gonna test them on court tomorrow. But most importantly they look amazing! These are gonna kill for casual wear.

Where did you get them?

Well after initially singing the praises of the CE Low PK, I must admit that I was way off base about them. While I do still believe that they look great on foot, I was completely wrong about the fit. After hooping in them today, they 100% do not fit like the highs. They are extremely snug in the forefoot to the point of being quite uncomfortable. They also have a little bit of heel slip. I went with my normal size 14 just like I went with in the highs and after playing for about 3 hours I determined that these are gonna have to go back. I'm very disappointed because I really do think that visually the white PKs are a homerun. Adidas really needs to work on their sizing and get some sort of uniformity. For now the only Adidas bball shoes that I will play in or wear will be the Hardens.

Well after initially singing the praises of the CE Low PK, I must admit that I was way off base about them. While I do still believe that they look great on foot, I was completely wrong about the fit. After hooping in them today, they 100% do not fit like the highs. They are extremely snug in the forefoot to the point of being quite uncomfortable. They also have a little bit of heel slip. I went with my normal size 14 just like I went with in the highs and after playing for about 3 hours I determined that these are gonna have to go back. I'm very disappointed because I really do think that visually the white PKs are a homerun. Adidas really needs to work on their sizing and get some sort of uniformity. For now the only Adidas bball shoes that I will play in or wear will be the Hardens.

I need a pair of pk BC the xeno CE I got can suffer from the occasional heel slip

Anyone have issues with sole/traction breaking a part after a few wears??? I balled in mine and I see that's it's not very durable...

I see wiggins switched from the lows mid game against the warriors last night - he was back in the green HI at halftime...
Yeah, I caught that too. And even in the postgame interview the interviewer called him out on it and asked him about the change and he simply stated that he liked the green ones more. Uh oh. I'm a little concerned, but I still want to give them a fair chance before I rate them myself. But, so far, mixed reviews seem to be coming in 
eek.gif

I have the blue AW PE CE lows. They do seem to fit a little tighter than the CE mids. I really like them so far. Cushioning and traction have been great. Support is very good. No heel slip. Only issue is my right arch is a little sore after playing today. Looking forward to playing in them tomorrow. Will definitely get another pair if the sole holds up and the rest of the shoe continues to break in nicely.

View media item 2366446
Just got these in and played some 21....never like passing judgement until a few full court runs. First thoughts is they're OK. But aesthetically the ugliest shoe I've ever worn. I'm not sure I can do it

Yeah, I caught that too. And even in the postgame interview the interviewer called him out on it and asked him about the change and he simply stated that he liked the green ones more. Uh oh. I'm a little concerned, but I still want to give them a fair chance before I rate them myself. But, so far, mixed reviews seem to be coming in :wow:

Yeah I feel this is the case for any low top bball shoe that has a bulky/heavy midsole, when there is more weight on the midsole and its not that flexible there is more strain on the ankle collar area and this causes the heel slip.

I do find the arch support very good in these (an aspect most people overlook when testing shoes) but I am finding some heel slippage and its putting me off getting any other pairs (primeknit etc). I am finding this better than the CL 2016 but those were a horrible fit. The saving grace on these is the lacing setup allows you to tighten them up and the pressure is spread wider across the forefoot but I still dont trust them in a game just a practice shoe for me.

And yeah I said it talkin bout practice...

View media item 2366481

View media item 2366446
Just got these in and played some 21....never like passing judgement until a few full court runs. First thoughts is they're OK. But aesthetically the ugliest shoe I've ever worn. I'm not sure I can do it

My pair of mids definitely took a little break in before the cushioning came alive. The mids are truely ugly. I really like the lows though.

Last edited:
Yeah I feel this is the case for any low top bball shoe that has a bulky/heavy midsole, when there is more weight on the midsole and its not that flexible there is more strain on the ankle collar area and this causes the heel slip.

Cosign to this logic.

I do find the arch support very good in these (an aspect most people overlook when testing shoes) but I am finding some heel slippage and its putting me off getting any other pairs (primeknit etc). I am finding this better than the CL 2016 but those were a horrible fit. The saving grace on these is the lacing setup allows you to tighten them up and the pressure is spread wider across the forefoot but I still dont trust them in a game just a practice shoe for me.

And yeah I said it talkin bout practice...
Damn. Great point on the arch support! And considering I work at an athletic shoe store I get asked arch support questions every single day, but it's something I have to admit that I overlook in basketball shoes as well. I think I have been blessed with minimal feet/ankle problems (knock on wood, damn, I just jinxed myself), so certain areas of comfort for me might not be as easy as someone with Plantar fasciitis, wide feet, flat feet, very high arches, pronation, overpronation, etc. Thanks for pointing that out! Good thing I don't claim to be any type of official "wear tester", I would be such a fraud. 
laugh.gif

And I loves me some A.I. always! 
nthat.gif

I think ima return the crazy explosives and stick with the rose 7s for a bit. Tie me over until I can find a new performance shoe that can check off both boxes of performance and aesthetics. Prob gonna try to scope out some bron 10s on eBay for a deal, I've worn thru all mine and haven't found a pair I like as much. The roses are pretty nice though

Back
Top Bottom