ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

I think the mids perform better and feel better than the lows.  I love the way the lows look though.  Especially the PK white pair and the upcoming AW zebra pair.  The lows to me feel way too suffocating in the forefoot area.  I like a secure fit up front but not to that extent.  

Wow. These might be my personal favorite colorway of the CE. Please tell me these are releasing? 
happy.gif
Already up on the EU site!

The Lowry PE's look nice but I'll be surprised if he actually wears them, I've only ever seen him rock low top Adidas kicks on court. Hopefully I'm wrong though!

I think the mids perform better and feel better than the lows.  I love the way the lows look though.  Especially the PK white pair and the upcoming AW zebra pair.  The lows to me feel way too suffocating in the forefoot area.  I like a secure fit up front but not to that extent.  
Half size up in CE lows compared to mids. (Half size up from hardens too..)

Balled in the lows today and they performed wicked well.

Felt great through cuts and landings. Looking forward to getting more runs in with them

I went tts on adidas sizing and they fit great, not too narrow not too long for me The neoprene is great for fit as it's not restrictive so you don't have to wait until they break in to see if you need smaller or bigger size. Should be same for prime knit.

Good to see adidas didn't put the flimsy insoles in these but they should've :lol: as my foot needs to sit lower on the footbed. Stance NBA socks and the low cut of the shoe is not allowing a good heel lockdown, there's some slight heel slippage. Just a try on inside my house as I only ordered to check on the sizing before the black pk releases on the 30th.

I suggest you try them on yourself as you might want to change insoles, wear different sock thickness to minimize slippage and also make sure it doesn't change the sizing by doing so.

Good looking out man, appreciate the info.

Just from looking at the first wave of pics that came out before the release, my main concern initially was the heel lockdown. It looks like the experiences have varied on that front, so as mentioned, probably best to go try them on in-person.

I also wear orthotics when I play, so I have a feeling I may have to pass on these because it would have my foot sit higher than normal.

Any one here own the Hardens and have played in both? Curious as to what someone who has played in both has to say about their experience and which shoe they prefer.

Good looking out man, appreciate the info.

Just from looking at the first wave of pics that came out before the release, my main concern initially was the heel lockdown. It looks like the experiences have varied on that front, so as mentioned, probably best to go try them on in-person.

I also wear orthotics when I play, so I have a feeling I may have to pass on these because it would have my foot sit higher than normal.

Any one here own the Hardens and have played in both? Curious as to what someone who has played in both has to say about their experience and which shoe they prefer.

I have been playing in the Hardens (Pioneers and red Homes) for months and the CE lows (blue Wiggins PE) for a week. Overall I really like both shoes and they are 1A and 1B in rotation right now.

This is how they compare for me:
- Traction: Excellent on the CE lows and very good on the Hardens. Pattern on the Hardens need a little wiping on dusty floors - it starts out a little worse but gets better after a couple of wears. I consider Jordan 28s, Rose 7s, and Curry 2s to be the gold standard for traction. The Hardens are a level below those. The CEs are better than the Hardens but just below the 28s, Rose 7s, and Curry 2s.
- Cushion: CE is thicker and bouncier than the Hardens. Hardens have a firmer feel but still plenty of cushioning. Court feel is very good in both shoes - it's just a bit better in the Hardens. CE lows have my favorite Boost basketball experience to date and the Hardens are second (I've also played in the Rose 5, 6, and 7). Comparing to other brands, I like the cushioning better in these than the JC2s and 3s, Rare Metals, CFD1s, Curry 1s, 2s, and 3s, and every Nike model I've ever tried with Lunar.
- Transition: Heel to toe is very good in both. It feels a touch better in the CEs.
- Fit: I went 1/2 size down in the Hardens and TTS in CE lows (compared to the sizes I use for every other brand) and I wear thick Nike elite and Stance socks. Overall I really like the fit of both shoes but like the Hardens a little more. The CE have a tighter/narrower toe box - it's snug but streches with the neoprene like upper. The Hardens have a wider toe box that is just a touch more comfortable. I've had zero heel slip issues or sliding side to side or front to back in either shoes. I like the lacing system on the Hardens better. I feel like the shoe snugs up better without any lace pressure with the burrito tongue and thick padding. The CE lock me down fine, but I feel like I have to lace tighter and get a little lace pressure. Lastly, the CEs have a higher arch. I have flat feet and I felt a little discomfort in CEs the first day but haven't had any more after they broke.
- Support/Containment: Containment is great on both shoes. Never felt I've been sliding off the footbed on hard cuts in either shoe. Support is also very good on both shoes. Both shoes are stable - no tipping or rolling in either. I have total confidence in making whatever move I want on offense and defense in these shoes.

For reference I'm 6'1", 200lbs, play the 2-3 (shoot outside, slash and cut, and play some D). Cushioning is very important to me. I want good bounce and feedback with a lot of shock absorption. My knees have a lot of miles on them and I've had surgery to replace a torn ACL. I also normally wear a 10.5 and at 200lbs I put more pressure (psi) into my shoes than other guys my size I know who wear bigger shoes (most around size 12).

Hope this helps.

si3n4 si3n4

Preciate the in-depth review and comparison my man! I have the mids and the Hardens so I'm probably going to pass unless they go on major discount down the road. They sound like they're great but I have 2 pairs of Vol 1s and I love them. Crazy to think my go to shoes in my hoops rotation are primarily adidas and UA lol.

Great comparison though!

What are the upgrades/downgrades from the CLB2016 to the CE Lows? For those who played in both.... im debating to get another pair of CLB16 or spend a little more to try out the CE low pk.

Has anyone worn the Harden Vol 1s or CX Low casually? Not for playing ball?

Trying to decide if I should cop to wear this summer with khaki shorts or jeans but don't know if they'd look good. (Honestly don't think they will, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has done so.)

Has anyone worn the Harden Vol 1s or CX Low casually? Not for playing ball?

Trying to decide if I should cop to wear this summer with khaki shorts or jeans but don't know if they'd look good. (Honestly don't think they will, but figured I'd ask to see if anyone has done so.)

Majority of low top ball shoes look good off the court.

I got some tiro 17s on with them.

View media item 2375143

CE lows do look good casually. Seen a couple cats around my way wearing them casually. CLBs and Hardens should also look good casually - I just haven't seen it.

Back
Top Bottom