ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Just ordered the white PK yesterday off FL with code SPRING. Heard good things about this sneaker and been patiently waiting for either a good deal or cw. Figured with 20% off code I'd check it out, went TTS so hopefully everything works out.  

they didn't double box?

mine even came partly with the saran wrap
Nah came in a bag. My box came with one strip of saran wrap that wrapped around the box like a piece of tape lol. 
mean.gif

The ADO CE are out now, do you guys think it will sit long enough to go on discount? Retail is a bit too pricey atm

Zappos order came in. I went tts and they are a bit snug with my thick elite socks on. The letter opener is where my big toe is. I always keep cedar shoe trees in my shoes so these are good to go. It's going to come down to personal preference on going a half size up. No way I could have went half size down.
Awesome that the Zappo's deal ended up being the right shoe!  I would have loved these AW PK's for $100 but they didn't have my size and i had just bought the white pk model for 105.  Congrats to all that ate through Zappos! 

Got my sz 14 and 15 CE low PKs in from ADC.

These would have been fine if Adidas hadn't messed with the primeknit. It's completely backed by mesh on the inside, making it a much tighter fit. Basically it's primeknit for show.

And again, I'm caught between sizes. The 14 is really snug lengthwise. The 15 feels great but there's dead space on the sides of my feet, a little too much toeroom, and heel slippage if I don't lace up tight. I'm leaning heavily toward the 14 since the 15 is so sloppy, but I'm not crazy about only having about 1/4 inch of toe space.

Thinking about goin' in on the crazy explosives.

I have a couple of the boost shoes from last year(Drose 6, crazylight 2015).

Is the crazy explosive enough of an improvement to justify the investment?

Thinking about goin' in on the crazy explosives.

I have a couple of the boost shoes from last year(Drose 6, crazylight 2015).

Is the crazy explosive enough of an improvement to justify the investment?

You're asking this 9 months after they released and with all the info and reviews already out there? Be better...

You're asking this 9 months after they released and with all the info and reviews already out there? Be better...
Not all of us keep up with the shoes 24/7...and if you can point me to one review that addresses my specific question of whether it's ENOUGH of an improvement over the previous years Boost models to justify the investment feel free to link it.

The ADO CE are out now, do you guys think it will sit long enough to go on discount? Retail is a bit too pricey atm
Where is it at? I can't seem to find it on ADC

EDIT: I see it now. Holy **** that is expensive.

Last edited:
Andrew Wiggins' Black CE Low PK from the $100 Zappos jig arrived today. 
nthat.gif
 Shoutout to @mastergrim8

I'm not sure if I'm getting tricked by the Boost hype or what, but these have got to be the most comfortable basketball shoes I've ever had upon first wear. But nowhere CLOSE to how UBs feel - but I guess that's a good thing if I'm going to hoop in them.

And yeah, like @tigo0240  said earlier, the Prime Knit is really just for show. The shoe is a mesh with PK draped over it. I don't have the non-PK model to compare it to, so I don't know if the PK makes the shoe feel different or not. 

But... the mesh fit is pretty comfortable though 
laugh.gif
 And if the shoe was not backed by the mesh, then I'm not sure how long the PK would last while playing basketball since there will be all kinds of tension put on it during cuts and stuff. 

Last edited:
Zappos order came in today. Played about three games in them. Shoe fit well lengthwise for me in TTS, but is definitely tight fitting. Hurt to wear, but I have wide feet. Hoping they break in well.

Played around 5 games in my CE lows today too. Feels great. TTS for me isn't too tight but it's just right. Love them so far.

Just got back from playing in these. Felt weird in the beginning, but after a couple of games in them they felt real nice.

Traction is good so far.

I went TTS and didn't experience any heel slippage.

I really like how these feel on your forefoot.

Only bad experience I felt was when I accidentally landed on the bottom of my heel first instead of the balls of my feet; I didn't feel that the Boost absorbed much of the impact because it did hurt. 

But overall, I like it. These are gonna be my go-to for indoors from now on. 

Can't believe I got these for $100. You won't find a better basketball shoe for that price. Except maybe those who scored the white CE Low Prime Knit from that 50% off Adidas jig. But this black colorway > that all white one for ball imo 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Just got back from playing in these. Felt weird in the beginning, but after a couple of games in them they felt real nice.

Traction is good so far.

I went TTS and didn't experience any heel slippage.

I really like how these feel on your forefoot.

Only bad experience I felt was when I accidentally landed on the bottom of my heel first instead of the balls of my feet; I didn't feel that the Boost absorbed much of the impact because it did hurt. 

But overall, I like it. These are gonna be my go-to for indoors from now on. 

Can't believe I got these for $100. You won't find a better basketball shoe for that price. Except maybe those who scored the white CE Low Prime Knit from that 50% off Adidas jig. But this black colorway > that all white one for ball imo :lol:  
Striking your heel first can lead to injury regardless of shoe, be safe fam lol

Back
Top Bottom