ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

The CE lows just came in today, just by feel alone the traction feels much firmer and more durable, gonna test them this weekend and i'll let you guys know
Alright i played a solid amount of games in them over the weekend and i gotta say the solid outsole definitely bites hard. I was playing on good court conditions so couldn't test if dust was going to be an issue but man they were on point with the courts i was playing on.

Tried the AW PE PK in store and ended up getting half size up, which is a 10. I usually wear a 9.5 in nikes, 9 or 9.5 in adidas. These are fine length wise. They are not long like the Dame 3 or the CLB 2016 but the forefoot width is narrow. If you have a narrow or normal width foot I would suggest going TTS but if you have a wide foot or like to splay your toes then get half size up. Adidas needs to get their sizing right. I wear a sz 9 in Rose 6, sz 9.5 in rose 5, sz 9 in UltraBoost ST, sz 9.5 in CLB 2016, and sz 10 in CE LOW PK, go figure. 

What's weird is that I tried the Dame 3 as well, width wise I can fit in a 9 and a 9.5 but they're long like the CLB and not a fan of the lacing system & material. Other than that I almost consider buying the Dame 3. 

Note: I tried them on with the elite versatility socks which are thick. I could probably go 9.5 with regular nike/jordan socks but I like thicker socks when playing ball.
Same situation for me. I have a wide foot, ordered the white PK in my TTS of 10.5 but upon trying on the shoe the forefoot felt really narrow and felt like it was choking snug. Returned them and while I was in store was able to try an 11 which fit great in the forefoot but length wise felt a bit long and there was quite a bit of dead space in the toe area. 

May look to the Harden 1 as my next possible BOOST basketball shoe as I really wanted to like the CE lows but they just dont fit my feet right. 

When I first played in the AW PE non-PK, my only complaints was really of the traction and dust. This is the traction on one of my shoes after my 4th hoop session (around 4 hours each session). I played yesterday and the traction has gotten significantly better each time I've played in them so I think it was really a matter of breaking them in. As you can see though, the rubber is already being burned through on some high wear areas, particularly in the upper left here. And dust just collects to these things like crazy.

Whoa.  That's right up there with the 2015 CLB, if not worse.  Only four sessions and they look like that?  Yikes.

When I first played in the AW PE non-PK, my only complaints was really of the traction and dust. This is the traction on one of my shoes after my 4th hoop session (around 4 hours each session). I played yesterday and the traction has gotten significantly better each time I've played in them so I think it was really a matter of breaking them in. As you can see though, the rubber is already being burned through on some high wear areas, particularly in the upper left here. And dust just collects to these things like crazy.
Are you playing outdoors?! You gotta be. How can it be that messed up after 4 wears and collect that much dust? 

Last edited:
^^^ what surface are you playing on?
Indoor gym at a nearby university. It's their older gym so it's not as well kept as the main gym for collegiate sports, but I've never really had issues with it in any other shoes I've played in, and I've been there for around 6 years now. It's still more well kept compared to places like 24 or the Y. My last shoe was the Soldier 9, so I might've been spoiled by the traction on those.

Last edited:
Indoor gym at a nearby university. It's their older gym so it's not as well kept as the main gym for collegiate sports, but I've never really had issues with it in any other shoes I've played in, and I've been there for around 6 years now. It's still more well kept compared to places like 24 or the Y. My last shoe was the Soldier 9, so I might've been spoiled by the traction on those.

My mids did this also on an indoor floor but it took a while. That's tough.

Don't like the HD2016 elite-like ankle sock on the PK version. Like the looks of the non PK version better - think it's even an improvement over the 2016 CE mid

Last edited:
What is their obsession with that line pattern?

They put it on almost goddamn everything just different variations, is that the best their designers can come up with?

It's on the CE mids non-pk, CE lows pk, DROse 7 pk, AlphaBounce, countless NMDs, etc...

I could also count the Dame3 midsole because of the pattern but it's also the sig look of bounce so that get's a pass.

Last edited:
White pair is clean. In on a black pair. Seeing ADC sold out of the wolf grey I may just wait for the CE17 lows to surface.

It's been that price for at least a month now on Adidas site. Amazon is cheaper, at least in my size that is.

Last edited:

Same situation for me. I have a wide foot, ordered the white PK in my TTS of 10.5 but upon trying on the shoe the forefoot felt really narrow and felt like it was choking snug. Returned them and while I was in store was able to try an 11 which fit great in the forefoot but length wise felt a bit long and there was quite a bit of dead space in the toe area. 

May look to the Harden 1 as my next possible BOOST basketball shoe as I really wanted to like the CE lows but they just dont fit my feet right. 
So do the lows fit more narrow than the highs or is the fit the same?

So do the lows fit more narrow than the highs or is the fit the same?
I don't own any of the highs (prefer low tops) so I can't comment, but from what I've read they fit TTS. I'm sure someone here owns both the highs & lows and can chime in. 

Traction has been A1 for my primeknit low pair. Playing on that plastic-y tile floor, too. Better than Hardens..

So is the durability of the CE outsole an issue with the whole line or just some people's pairs?

If the durability was as bad as some have, I imagine we would have seen a recall, or at least a national outcry
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom