ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

The no tongue one booty upper fits a specific foot type. If you don't have that type of foot than you're usually SOL. Having a normal tongue helps a lot in terms of fit.

Last edited:
I'm also not a fan of tightenting shoes and having the laces press down on the top of the foot. This is something that is a issue with quite a few models w/ adidas due to their wider lacing system.

Same here. While that sounds kind of crazy because you can't secure the fit without tightening the laces, there are some shoes where the design makes things worse.

The Lillard 1, Kobe 8 and CL Boost 2015/2016 come to mind. I've had discomfort with all of those models depending on how tight I laced them. With the XX9 and first CF Drive, I could tie those as tight as I wanted with no issues.

Reactions: God
Just a personal preference. To each their own but I'm selfishly hoping the trend ends.
Thoughts on something like the hyperdunk 2017 flyknit type bootie? Where it's a one piece upper but with a tongue cut half way up? Would that make a difference or do you want a full on segregated upper.

The tongue/lacing system is what helps the heel stay locked in. Without being able to pull the lateral and medialsides closer together (by tightening the laces)the fit is less secure imo.

I'm also not a fan of tightenting shoes and having the laces press down on the top of the foot. This is something that is a issue with quite a few models w/ adidas due to their wider lacing system.

The no tongue one booty upper fits a specific foot type. If you don't have that type of foot than you're usually SOL. Having a normal tongue helps a lot in terms of fit.

all good points, thank you guys! i guess the no tongue, single booty models fits my feet.

So as far as the CE 16 vs. 17:

16 has more plush cushioning

17 is better/equal at everything else?
No, the overall materials on the '16 are a lot softer and easier to play with out the box. They just aren't durable. The '17 decided to go a bit overboard and made the primeknit super reinforced and abrasive. Traction and cushion both go to the '17 though (noticably more forefoot and heel boost)

No, the overall materials on the '16 are a lot softer and easier to play with out the box. They just aren't durable. The '17 decided to go a bit overboard and made the primeknit super reinforced and abrasive. Traction and cushion both go to the '17 though (noticably more forefoot and heel boost)

What about non-primeknit?

Did they Chineese New Year Crazylights ever release stateside? Im seeing them randomly pop up on the internet but can't find any in my size

gettyimages-885067224.jpg

gettyimages-885057742.jpg

Just cannot get excited about the PK CE lows this year. Last year the lows looked and played great...

I don't dislike the collars on the lows that much, but is it just me or does that look like a photoshop job (especially his right foot)? Like Murray was originally wearing mids and someone wanted to turn them into lows.

Back
Top Bottom