ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Yeah, I was talking about a drastic difference. I always think of the Lebron 4 when I think of heavy, but it was a foamposite tank. Compare that to the Kobe 8 or crazylight and I know I felt a difference, but the Lebron also was a bulky shoe, not just heavy. It didn’t don’t fit my foot well and was all around big. But I love the Maestro retro and feel it competes with any shoes on the market today even though it is heavier.

Again, I think it comes down to fit and transition more than weight. I just get jaded sometimes because I review so many I may not see the bigger picture.

Just got the email. Twitter saying that cancellation is happening because of the promo code but I think I’m going to co tact customer service to see the reason why and see if I can get some sort of discount code
Even people who ordered without promo got cancelled too

Outsole traction had the largest influence on performance, as the participants performed significantly worse in all tests when traction was decreased by 20% (p < 0.001), and performed significantly better in the cutting drill when traction was increased by 20% (p = 0.005).

The irony. For all of the recent discussion about weight, I would guess that traction is probably the most talked about performance aspect for bball shoes on NT (maybe along with cushioning), and probably the biggest deal breaker or maker for people.

We might disagree or not care too much about weight, but it's safe to say that everyone who plays hard cares about traction. Yet they still release shoes with outsole patterns that don't work well.

The irony. For all of the recent discussion about weight, I would guess that traction is probably the most talked about performance aspect for bball shoes on NT (maybe along with cushioning), and probably the biggest deal breaker or maker for people.

We might disagree or not care too much about weight, but it's safe to say that everyone who plays hard cares about traction. Yet they still release shoes with outsole patterns that don't work well.
Isn't it weird that a lot of jordans without any crazy traction patterns outperforms a lot of other shoes with traction that is targeted for best performance? Like the traction in the 3s are crazy good.

Old school patterns are killer. Any Nike from the late 80’s through mid 90’s is serious.

I can’t argue with any of that - shoes will enhance and improve performance - no one can argue that. If you do, at this point, you are just being hard-headed.
Nah you could easily argue that actually. If sneakers enhance and improve performance why are most people the same skill level no matter what sneakers they wearing speaking on ball kicks? Maybe you've saw this jump but I've never saw a player have a dramatic change in performance because of sneakers never. Heck to make it fair what nba players have you saw this with where their game looked like night and day because of sneakers? I'm not talking ones that had traction issues for them or something wrong with them either. Two different sneakers the player liked with no issues that dramatically changed how the player played. You just don't really see that man. If the difference isn't noticeable that isn't really nothing IMO.

Nah you could easily argue that actually. If sneakers enhance and improve performance why are most people the same skill level no matter what sneakers they wearing speaking on ball kicks? Maybe you've saw this jump but I've never saw a player have a dramatic change in performance because of sneakers never. Heck to make it fair what nba players have you saw this with where their game looked like night and day because of sneakers? I'm not talking ones that had traction issues for them or something wrong with them either. Two different sneakers the player liked with no issues that dramatically changed how the player played. You just don't really see that man. If the difference isn't noticeable that isn't really nothing IMO.

But I was talking about shoes with issues. If a player had a shoe with terrible traction or bad, sloppy fit, getting a shoe that fit better or gripped hard would improve performance of an athlete - no doubt. A slight weight change or a slight difference in midsole thickness? Nah, that won’t make me a dunker.

I think materials, fit and traction make more of a difference than weight for me personally. The BYW X feel very sleek and have great traction but apparently they're heavy compare to most shoes. I didn't notice.

I think weight has more of an effect on runners. I personally run in heavy, cushioned shoes though. I don't mind the extra weight.

But I was talking about shoes with issues. If a player had a shoe with terrible traction or bad, sloppy fit, getting a shoe that fit better or gripped hard would improve performance of an athlete - no doubt. A slight weight change or a slight difference in midsole thickness? Nah, that won’t make me a dunker.
Thats captain obvious stuff that's why I didn't even think that was in play. That's why I never mentioned it in any of my replies. I was only talking about sneakers that fit the person wearing them in good condition. The rest we agree on and that was my main point in most of,these post regarding this issue.

How would you rate these? What other boost hoop shoe would you compare them too?
not the guy you quoted but having the CLB16s, they're an amazing performer if they fit you correctly (that's the thing though, if you can't get the the correct size, lockdown is going to be absolutely terrible), the Boost is kinda firm but gives you excellent impact protection and good court feel. the best part of em is the traction is beastly, probably one of the best of all time, but again it comes down to fit and the sizing you go with, they're long so you might have to go a half size or even a full size down for good lockdown.

Anybody noticed that you tend to twist/tweak your ankle very easily playing in CE17??

Never noticed it until some people pointed it out to me.

Anybody noticed that you tend to twist/tweak your ankle very easily playing in CE17??

Never noticed it until some people pointed it out to me.

In the lows?

In the primeknit mids?

Or in the cheap non-primeknit ones with all that heel-slippage?

They all have a solid outrigger and stable base.

How you not notice your own ankle twisting until someone else pointed it out??

Last edited:
Reactions: God
In the lows?

In the primeknit mids?

Or in the cheap non-primeknit ones with all that heel-slippage?

They all have a solid outrigger and stable base.

How you not notice your own ankle twisting until someone else pointed it out??

Primeknit mids..

Nah just noticed everytime i twist my ankle its the same ****in shoes lol.. Even when i slightly step on someone elses foot .. It just happens every time. The only factors i can think of are they fit tts snug on me and traction is so beastly (Imo) that my foot just stays where It is and not allowing full motion with my whole ankle/leg ??

Primeknit mids..

Nah just noticed everytime i twist my ankle its the same ****in shoes lol.. Even when i slightly step on someone elses foot .. It just happens every time. The only factors i can think of are they fit tts snug on me and traction is so beastly (Imo) that my foot just stays where It is and not allowing full motion with my whole ankle/leg ??

I think the heel to toe drop is kinda steep on them, maybe that’s why?

Maybe playing in a shoe that was flatter would solve that problem? I’m not sure.

But yeah that traction is translucent and it sticks like glue.

How would you rate these? What other boost hoop shoe would you compare them too?

not the guy you quoted but having the CLB16s, they're an amazing performer if they fit you correctly (that's the thing though, if you can't get the the correct size, lockdown is going to be absolutely terrible), the Boost is kinda firm but gives you excellent impact protection and good court feel. the best part of em is the traction is beastly, probably one of the best of all time, but again it comes down to fit and the sizing you go with, they're long so you might have to go a half size or even a full size down for good lockdown.

Pretty much what I was gonna say so you saved me from writing a paragragh hehe. I’ll add that the Boost “unlocked” and becomes springy after awhile and the jaquard upper has nice balance, not too soft, not too stiff. Doesn’t even need the primeknit version.

good price damn! forgot if i was 11.5 or 12 in that shoe LOL but id grab these over CE discounted of even Harden2 discounted.

Back
Top Bottom