ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

where was that information a couple years ago when we needed it?!?! :rofl::rofl:

Brady+Deflategate.jpg
AY MAN THAT'S A DIFFERENT STORY LOL.

at the end of the day, placebo effect or not, if it makes you think wearing a certain shoe makes you run faster or jump higher, then why not?

but everyone's feet and body are different, many elite athletes will take every ounce of advantage they could get and some are very superficial like that (placebo or not) but then there are also others who can play with whatever shoes they put on their feet like Tucker or Thabo
And then we have nick young playing in yeezy 750s smh.

For ****s and giggles I looked up the weight between the Kobe XI em and Harden Vol 1, they’re 4oz apart, that’s half a pound when you’re wearing both shoes. I wore these consecutively, vol 1 first and they were fine but when I played in the em it was like night and day, I legit felt quicker and lighter on my feet. I didn’t know anything about the exact weight differences then but it was definitely noticeable in hand. I prefer lighter shoes much more but I’m a 5’10 guard/ wing.

Call it placebo if you like but I think it’s just math lol. Kobe 8 and 9em still my all-time favorites to play in. I’ve been wearing my black cement ix em with a lebron xi insole my last few runs and, to me, that’s the goat setup.

Agreed, it is math, but I think it's a mix of facts, placebo and a lot of other factors. No big deal and everyone is entitled to their opinion, but looking at this discussion I think sometimes we need to distinguish between preference/personal experience and general fact.

I 100% believe everyone who says weight doesn't matter that much to them compared to other factors. I also 100% believe everyone who says weight makes a difference to them. Sometimes I'm in the first group, sometimes I'm in the second.

lol... must be the same placebo effect Kobe and marathon runners caught too when they try to shave ounces off their shoes.... shoes do weigh different amounts and do effect some people differently. whether its the weight or the type of cushion, i'm not sure. but since she can play {i'm guessing that because she has offers to play professionally} i did notice a difference when she changed shoes. not looking for an argument about it... you can believe what you want....keep the faith !!!
Them people you mentioned were still great at what they did before any sneaker deal or weight saving sneaks were worn fam. Placebo straight up. It won't be no argument but using the pro talk I know many pro athletes and the ones I've known longest were monsters before any sneaker deal were made so we don't have to use that pro logic. I do agree we just can agree to disagree but you're wrong Ye shrug lol.

at the end of the day, placebo effect or not, if it makes you think wearing a certain shoe makes you run faster or jump higher, then why not?

but everyone's feet and body are different, many elite athletes will take every ounce of advantage they could get and some are very superficial like that (placebo or not) but then there are also others who can play with whatever shoes they put on their feet like Tucker or Thabo
I don't think nobody cares big picture but this just sparked a little discussion online after dude posted what he posted. No more no less. I also think y'all keep mentioning pros where it may help a small bit when I'm talking mainly about the mofos on here that being honest most aren't pros or close to it. They will still be what they are no matter if the sneakers are 6oz or 16oz.

I don't think nobody cares big picture but this just sparked a little discussion online after dude posted what he posted. No more no less. I also think y'all keep mentioning pros where it may help a small bit when I'm talking mainly about the mofos on here that being honest most aren't pros or close to it. They will still be what they are no matter if the sneakers are 6oz or 16oz.
Yeah nah I'm not talking about pros but that one dude did talk about pro runners. I just wanted to point out that shock/energy absorption creates more fatigue and that's what midd44 midd44 's daughter is most likely experiencing. Sure something 1-4ozs heavier will MAY affect you in the long run but other factors play a bigger role in performance for basketball and will surely outweigh (pun intended) the small difference in weight. Sure lighter will probably shave off minutes in a marathon runner's time, but we're talking about basketball here. We ain't running no 26 miles so that difference is VERY negligible for this thread.

Them people you mentioned were still great at what they did before any sneaker deal or weight saving sneaks were worn fam. Placebo straight up. It won't be no argument but using the pro talk I know many pro athletes and the ones I've known longest were monsters before any sneaker deal were made so we don't have to use that pro logic. I do agree we just can agree to disagree but you're wrong Ye shrug lol.
How can you even say that? I bet if you interviewed Kobe he'd say it made a big difference when he came from the Kobe 3 to the Kobe 4/5/6 and on, you're being simply ridiculous.

Shoot, I felt a difference between the Kobe IV and Kobe V. The Vs were like a fuse sock on my foot while the IVs felt like a sneaker. After a year of playing in the V, I tried playing in the IV and I felt so sluggish.

The Kobe V made me want lighter shoes but it's not a dealbreaker for me these days.

there are some interesting articles on this matter

https://www.colorado.edu/today/2016/10/28/small-increases-running-shoe-weight-tied-slower-race-times

https://runsmartproject.com/2012/02/06/how-much-does-shoe-weight-affect-performance/

http://www.triathlete.com/2017/04/gear-tech/much-weight-running-shoes-affect-speed_300725

https://www.cnbc.com/id/28193098
Kobe Bryant: I just feel like if I can have a lighter shoe, my ankle can move the way it was intended to move. I just feel like it could make me a better basketball player -- minimize the seconds that I lose in changing directions and getting up off the floor.

.....I just really think that it will make you faster, it will make you jump higher -- just for the simple fact that it's lighter.

The 0.10 Second Difference
https://www.teamexos.com/exos-presents-tenth-second/

Last edited:
Yeah 1% more energy demand from gaining 100 grams which is 3-4 ounces. Really is nothing for basketball. If it was soccer where you're running around like crazy then yes you definitely should get lighter shoes. I think average distance ran in NBA games was like 3 miles... And basketball is a HIIT sport so it was stated in one of these articles that the faster you're running, the less energy you're losing because of momentum helping you carry that energy lost from carrying that weight.

ALL IN ALL 1-4oz difference is not very relevant to the game of basketball, especially since we're not constantly running that 1 mile to notice a difference in a couple of seconds lost.

Last edited:
Yeah 1% more energy demand from gaining 100 grams which is 3-4 ounces. Really is nothing for basketball. If it was soccer where you're running around like crazy then yes you definitely should get lighter shoes. I think average distance ran in NBA games was like 3 miles... And basketball is a HIIT sport so it was stated in one of these articles that the faster you're running, the less energy you're losing because of momentum helping you carry that energy lost from carrying that weight.

ALL IN ALL 1-4oz difference is not very relevant to the game of basketball, especially since we're not constantly running that 1 mile to notice a difference in a couple of seconds lost.
This might be the most logical thing ever stated on NT lol.

Reactions: God
great heads up and discount never hurts

really tempted with those bret harts but the "AMBITION" kind of kills it for me but a lot digs the other pharrells with text so wouldn't be surprised if it sells out soon enough

to those curious how they look on feet
30907882_606361536409732_8594906411782111232_n.jpg

e9lcgontdnmzaxambuf6.jpeg

Last edited:
Copped a pair of these Pharrell bricks with the discount code. If I don’t like them in person , I’ll return them.

1) upset I didn't see the preorder for the black pair prior to the 12.5 selling out...black pair is the one I wanted.

2) Adidas calling these the Lvl X's as well as a lifestyle shoe is only going to help the clarity on what is and isn't a performance model.

Back
Top Bottom