ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Link isnt working but assuming youre a neutral runner, go get the Nike Pegasus. The 31 is what I ran in, and its by far the best shoe ive used and ive used Sauconys, Asics and Adidas. Saucony Kinvaras arent bad, the Asic (forgot the model but its for neutral runners) I didnt like and the Adidas Energy Boost 2 was good until I found the cage too tight.

It links to the pure boost sonic knit. I really enjoy boost so I wanted to get into a runner with it. I'll have to go to FTL and try a pair of Pegasus on. I've never considered them.

I see a lot off posts sizing wise about solebox boosts. I was at the Instore release here..everyone got his usual UB size(half size up from Tts) including myself. You can go Tts it's true, however getting your usual UB size is almost perfect as well. Fitting is perfect you just have a normal fit in toebox area instead of super snug..length wise they are exactly the same with ww, sns etc..I cannot imagine people downsizing even 1 full size..it's way too much saying this.. And the usual UB size works pretty good and it is still snug. So my advise, if you can go Tts the go Tts, otherwise half up works perfect also

Last edited:
I see a lot off omens sizing wise about solebox boosts. I was at the Instore release here..everyone got his usual UB size(half size up from Tts) including myself. You can go Tts it's true, however getting your usual UB size is almost perfect as well. Fitting is perfect you just have a normal fit in toebox area instead of super snug..length wise they are exactly the same with ww, sns etc..I cannot imagine people downsizing even 1 full size..it's way too much saying this.. And the usual UB size works pretty good and it is still snug. So my advise, if you can go Tts the go Tts, otherwise half up works perfect also

Got my pair in hand yesterday...heres my take. Normal pk ub size will be a little loose and more room in toebox..solebox fits like creams with no cage...probably the loosest fit on a ub shoe..however , the leather / consortium button on tongue will bother u with no socks if u get them too small/snug...

So here comes the "im an older cat who refuses to accept anything trendy/new/popular talk". You knew damn well they werent Roshes. You didnt have to know they were affiliated with Ye, but they werent Roshes. Youre not that old.

I think you took my comment as if I'm looking down on Yeezy's style and popularity, and those who like him.

I don't fashion. Its not my thing. But i also don't have any problems with those that do. I'm in a different place where all i care about is my kids/wife, and I'm just a jeans/tech fleece and tee guy. I don't understand the style young men are in to these days, for the most part.

Swear to God I thought TD's were Roshes. Not even sure where i saw a pic, but being someone that owns around 25 pairs of roshe's (yes, I was huge with roshe's and would buy multiples of black anthracites, for example, thinking I'd found the shoe I needed for the rest of my life, only to realize those shoes were not very comfortable), I thought Nike went a step further with the line. Nike beat that line to the ground, so it wasn't impossible to think those were Roshes. You honestly going to fool yourself in thinking there's no resemblance whatsoever? Keep in mind, I didn't have TD's in hand, so I couldn't tell the quality was superior to any ROshe out there. In pics, i thought it was the same shoe, than realized they were Yeezy's and disappoint sank in because a) I disliked Kanye and his line/style but already established a like for the shoe, and b) knew the shoe would be damn near impossible to cop.

at this point, I'm thinking you're a Yeezy Stan and I offended you. But there are those who don't like what Yeezy pumps out, its not that hard to imagine, is it?

Ah man that sucks. I really wish Adidas would make their sizing more consistent. Even within the same style sizing is all over the place.

Yes, its ridiculous. Nothing worst than sizing inconsistencies. Its not like you can easily return and get your right size these days

No man, there are not as similar as you say. The CONCEPT is the same (low cut, minimalistic shoe) but theres plenty of shoes that fit that bill. Material is completely different, midsole and thats enough to distinguish them 2 completely different shoes. Lets not even talk about the huge check on the Roshes.

I get it, youre into comfort and whatnot and thats completely fine, but the "im an old head" thing is such an old (no pun intended) thing to use. Youre not into fashion, thats fine but then obviously I woudnt expect you to understand what people are into nowadays. Thats like me saying I dont get the appeal of car tech/performance today when all I care about is my a to b car.

And no, no Ye stan here. I like his music, I like his shoes, thats about it.

How old are you? Curious

Being a certain age group does matter, then throw in the fact that I have kids and even if I were younger, i wouldn't be following the trends being established out there, puts me at where I'm at in life.

Things would probably be different if I were single with no responsibilities. I just don't have any time to follow the trends out there, but for the most part 89% of the stuff thats popular out there is bizarre to "this old head." No disrespect to anyone thats into the trends out there. Hell, my age group use to rock the hell out of baggy jeans, so i get it.

Alright, enough trying to convince you what my opinion was when i first saw 350's. I know what i know, and you'll assume. Not sure why I would need to lie about my first thoughts at seeing the first pic of 350's. You're obviously a big fan of his shoes and any mention of roshe would be offensive. Certainly understand that.

Last edited:
26. And im not offended, just baffled, anyone on this site is obviously more knowledgeable of sneakers than the average joe, so id assume they could tell the difference between different sneakers. They look completely different.

26. And im not offended, just baffled, anyone on this site is obviously more knowledgeable of sneakers than the average joe, so id assume they could tell the difference between different sneakers. They look completely different.
Kinda true, but lately there have been a lot newer members just hearing the hype of UBs and getting intel from this thread not knowing anything else other than that.

For the Roshe vs TDs, I believe this confusion can be like a person who doesn't know everything and anything about phones and thought a Samsung was an iPhone when both were producing touch screens . Yes iPhones were first to the game with the all touch-screen faces as Roshe were first in the game with a popular/trendy running shoe silhouette so anything there after that share resemblance, people can not knowingly think other companies are taking the same idea. 

When I first bought Adidas Elements, people thought I was wearing Roshes. And even when Kanye moved over to Adidas and they showed the TD sample everyone commented how they were Adidas Roshes.

Saw on Twitter that one guy pulled like 15 pairs with his BNB bot on that Barneys restock.. Just unfair

nah, those were ghost checkouts. bot said they checked out but no order confirmation or card charge. My boy did get through manually on the restock with a card charge :smile:

Does anyone know when the solebox went live at barneys.com?

last night was like 1:25am, the night before I dont remember but I was part of lobster krew for both. :frown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom