ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

non-continental soles are absolute garbage. Anyone that cant tell the difference between the 2 must  have jimmy legs 
I can tell the difference, but doesn't mean the non-Continental soles are garbage. Maybe if you're a runner it might make a difference, but I just wear them casually so makes no difference to me. 
nthat.gif
  So what if the nubs wear down and flatten out? Good, then it will look like the Continental soles 
laugh.gif

Last edited:

I can tell the difference, but doesn't mean the non-Continental soles are garbage. Maybe if you're a runner it might make a difference, but I just wear them casually so makes no difference to me. 
nthat.gif
  So what if the nubs wear down and flatten out? Good, then it will look like the Continental soles 
laugh.gif
Exactly. I only use my UBs for casual wear. Not much of difference other than the grip and squeaking sound.

Can you snap a photo with flash?  Some of us believe that there is some 3M in the knit.   Actually the 3M was probably the mens triple whites. 

Yeah I just checked, unfortunately it doesn't have 3m in the knit :frown: would be pretty sick though

So you're telling me you will not purchase UB's without non continental soles? Plus can you expound the difference in your opinion?
Correct. Sold off my unworn pairs of core blacks and wg's in favor of creams. My first pair of WG's flattened in 2.5 months and they definitely were not ran in nor are they the only shoe in my rotation. I honestly would not purchase another pair of non continental ultra boosts

IMO, the difference between the 2 soles is that the continentals add a little stiffness to support the boost sole. Much needed and appreciated. A little less squishy. Brand new - the continentals arent as noisy as my wgs and cbs were. 

The fact that Adidas chose to only produce continental soles on the UB moving forward should be some sort of indication and admittance on their part.

Correct. Sold off my unworn pairs of core blacks and wg's in favor of creams. My first pair of WG's flattened in 2.5 months and they definitely were not ran in nor are they the only shoe in my rotation. I honestly would not purchase another pair of non continental ultra boosts

IMO, the difference between the 2 soles is that the continentals add a little stiffness to support the boost sole. Much needed and appreciated. A little less squishy. Brand new - the continentals arent as noisy as my wgs and cbs were. 

The fact that Adidas chose to only produce continental soles on the UB moving forward should be some sort of indication and admittance on their part.
Different for me. My Continental soles are the ones that are noisy. Yes it was an improvement and was meant to be more durable. But their improvement targets the runners who really use their UBs for running. But if for casual wear there is a difference but not much to be a deal breaker. However for you it was a deal breaker.

Anyone have any leads on some size US 10 Burgundy Ultra Boost in either Hong Kong or the Philippines? TIA
I'm still checking. There was this resell store that sells Burgundy. Will check your size and the price. This is in the Philippines btw.

Cool. Thanks. I was hoping for them to still be at a retail store lol. I have a buddy I grew up with in the Philippines and a friend from Texas in Hong Kong at the moment, which is why I asked.

Cool. Thanks. I was hoping for them to still be at a retail store lol. I have a buddy I grew up with in the Philippines and a friend from Texas in Hong Kong at the moment, which is why I asked.
If I remembered correctly its around Php14,000 which is around 290-300. Will still check if that is the price because it has different prices for different sizes. Still confirming the name of the store so that you can check the page yourself.

They put Continental on the bottom of the shoe so shmoes can believe it's better than the old soles. Putting a well-known company on the bottom of the shoe is purely for marketing.

Every finding you have found is placebo effect.

They put Continental on the bottom of the shoe so shmoes can believe it's better than the old soles. Putting a well-known company on the bottom of the shoe is purely for marketing.

Every finding you have found is placebo effect.
I know it's somehow an improvement but not a drastic change like some people declare it to be. I never considered purchasing a pair of UB's because of the sole. Continental or not its comfy af.

My girl just picked up the triple whites with continental soles, definitely whiter on the upper material compared to original whites. Also the knit goes all the way around the shoe to the heel cup
ughhhh whereeere

i need a size 6

Back
Top Bottom