ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

i need to get off nt and twitter so i resist copping anything until olympic UBs so far today ive pondered copping city socks, tubular dooms, kd 9s
Not to be a bad influence... But grab those KD 9s, you won't regret it. Joints are amazing

Will look into it appreciate it famb. Obviously the appeal of the ultraboost is the aesthetic as well as performance. Even though they don't get super high reviews as far as a running shoe is concerned
Aesthetic is basically the same, they just have a rubberized/waterproof coating on the toe. Just in case you haven't seen em...

Actually been meaning to ask if any of the runners in here planned to pick these up?

Actually been meaning to ask if any of the runners in here planned to pick these up?
I don't see how those would be a better running shoe than any of the previous versions. Most of the complaints from runners have to do with the sole unit itself, not durability of the upper.

Will look into it appreciate it famb. Obviously the appeal of the ultraboost is the aesthetic as well as performance. Even though they don't get super high reviews as far as a running shoe is concerned
All good i admittedly am not going all out. I guess i could hit stores in person try to buy hyped up NMDs or Ultraboost and trade for what i really want.
how they have everything but an 11
laugh.gif
Macy's retocked the CB 2.0 today, they are pretty much gone now though. 9.5 and 13 all that's left.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/...sp=1&spc=5&ruleId=84&slotId=5&kws=ultra boost

I don't see how those would be a better running shoe than any of the previous versions. Most of the complaints from runners have to do with the sole unit itself, not durability of the upper.
Depending on where you're doing your running... I guess I'm imagining wet conditions and not just on a track or whatever. You guys have it easy in LA and winter is around the corner. Know it doesn't change the performance at all.

Depending on where you're doing your running... I guess I'm imagining wet conditions and not just on a track or whatever. You guys have it easy in LA and winter is around the corner. Know it doesn't change the performance at all.
Winter doesn't exist in so cal anymore man.

Don't get me wrong I think the rubberized toecap is a good idea for certain purposes but my main point was that the reason a lot of serious runners aren't into UBs has to do with the sole and overall performance of the shoe, not the fact that the toebox isn't waterproof.

If they really want to enhance durability and waterproofing of the UBs they should just use that dyneema fabric mixed w/ something waterproof like gore-tex to make up the entire upper.

If they really want to enhance durability and waterproofing of the UBs they should just use that dyneema fabric mixed w/ something waterproof like gore-tex to make up the entire upper.
Yeah that little strip of rubber is pointless when the rest of the upper is knitted fabric.

Don't get me wrong I think the rubberized toecap is a good idea for certain purposes but my main point was that the reason a lot of serious runners aren't into UBs has to do with the sole and overall performance of the shoe, not the fact that the toebox isn't waterproof.

Agreed! Just thinking that if you planned to go with UBs to use as runners anyways, these might be a good option. That's assuming you're not doing 99% of your running on a treadmill at a gym, in which case I could see them being a terrible idea.

Last edited:

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't adidas produce more uncaged than multis? Could be a reason why uncaged sitting in some stores.
They produced more uncaged than multis but they started sitting once the hype of them died off (died quick).

All I am saying is that hype is not the tell all be all of certain UBs flying off shelves. That is an ignorant statement. People actually like certain CWs, some people not.

check in store at your FNL's for the multicolor. just copped mine there...they were on the display when i just decided to stop by today. didn't even know fnl was getting them.

@permianraptor  edited. that's what happens when you post while working at the same time :smile: thanks!

Last edited:
Any redesign for UBs at this point would be an aesthetic change rather than performance.

I'm pretty sure Adidas knows that the majority of the people buying UBs are not using it for its original intended purpose.

I'm pretty sure Adidas knows that the majority of the people buying UBs are not using it for its original intended purpose.

Same could be said for 99% of shoes that "sneakerheads" wear. Jordans, flyknits, kobes, lebrons, air maxes, etc. The funniest is the 300 lb overweight guy that wears a shoe to the mall and complains that the heel to toe transition is too slow and the air bag feels very small compared to previous models :lol:

Same could be said for 99% of shoes that "sneakerheads" wear. Jordans, flyknits, kobes, lebrons, air maxes, etc. The funniest is the 300 lb overweight guy that wears a shoe to the mall and complains that the heel to toe transition is too slow and the air bag feels very small compared to previous models
laugh.gif
Hey I'm 300 lb's :frown:

Same could be said for 99% of shoes that "sneakerheads" wear. Jordans, flyknits, kobes, lebrons, air maxes, etc. The funniest is the 300 lb overweight guy that wears a shoe to the mall and complains that the heel to toe transition is too slow and the air bag feels very small compared to previous models :lol:

Hey I'm 300 lb's :frown:

Never seen you posting reviews on basketball shoes complaining about the zoom being too stiff or traction being poor when you wore them to the mall so you're good :D

Never seen you posting reviews on basketball shoes complaining about the zoom being too stiff or traction being poor when you wore them to the mall so you're good
happy.gif
LMAO Sweet.

TBH I dont focus on any of that.

If its comfortable its comfy if not then its not lmao...

Same could be said for 99% of shoes that "sneakerheads" wear. Jordans, flyknits, kobes, lebrons, air maxes, etc. The funniest is the 300 lb overweight guy that wears a shoe to the mall and complains that the heel to toe transition is too slow and the air bag feels very small compared to previous models
laugh.gif
More like a dude who balls in Jordan 11s and complains that the Patent leather isn't durable.

I'm not saying that UBs aren't recommended for running. I believe they would feel absolutely running on clouds but I don't feel like thrashing a $180 pair of shoes for less than 20 miles of wear.

Already did that to an extra pair of white ogs foolin' around with customizations

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom