ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is the correlation between have a Jordan avy, not liking the 3.0s, and not wanting to wear women's shoes?
What makes them a women's shoe though - because Adidas attached the word to that specific colorway? Adidas could've slapped the "Womens" label on any of the colorways though. 

What is the correlation between have a Jordan avy, not liking the 3.0s, and not wanting to wear women's shoes?

What makes them a women's shoe though - because Adidas attached the word to that specific colorway? Adidas could've slapped the "Womens" label on any of the colorways though. 

View media item 2060407

To each his own. I don't see any reason to wear women's footwear unless you're in this dudes situation and get to be next to Rihanna.

View media item 2242875

To each his own. I don't see any reason to wear women's footwear unless you're in this dudes situation and get to be next to Rihanna.

But my question is what makes the UBs women's shoes? If you take the same colorways of the UBs, the only difference between the men's and women's is the sizing. So it's essentially a unisex shoe with a different label attached to it. 

Last edited:
@freakydestroyer
 So if you had the choice you'd pay more for mens wool grey size 9.5 than a women's wool grey size 10.5? 
I'd pay less without thinking twice. When the white 1.0's dropped I grabbed a size 10 from a local Adidas shop. Dam near a month passed before I realized they sold me the women's version (hadn't noticed the box had the female icon). Luckily for me Adidas exchanged them for me because they realized it was a mistake on their end.

@freakydestroyer
 So if you had the choice you'd pay more for mens wool grey size 9.5 than a women's wool grey size 10.5? 

I am not a big fan of the wool greys, but anyway. I only pay retail price for my shoes and if I couldn't get them in my size, then I move on. If the women's size is cheaper now, I'd expect the women's size to be cheaper if I plan to resell them later down the road. So you really aren't saving money in the end.

Last edited:

But my question is what makes the UBs women's shoes? If you take the same colorways of the UBs, the only difference between the men's and women's is the sizing. So it's essentially a unisex shoe with a different label attached to it. 

If you find a pair of Daisy Dukes that are the same dimensions and size as your shorts, are they still not women's? There's reasons for labels and classifications. The label unisex applies to things like iPhones.

If there is a difference between a men size 10 and a women's size 11, I couldn't tell you what it is. Both feel exactly the same to me. Which pair is the women's pair?
roll.gif
Please tell me It's the one on the right!!!! Please do haha 
RC UBs are Ultra Boosts. lol
UBception , you killed me with this response 

Thanks for the advice. Those RCs will see nothing but leisure wear so being slightly too big may not be an issue. 

I'll still wait though for more NTers who got them early to post their experience.
Like 3 Nters so far have reached a pair of RCs , odds are low 

If you find a pair of Daisy Dukes that are the same dimensions and size as your shorts, are they still not women's? There's reasons for labels and classifications. The label unisex applies to things like iPhones.
We're not talking about the whole of commercial goods made available to us, we're talking about Ultra Boosts and the fact that there is no difference between mens and womens pairs of the same colorways except that women's pairs go down to smaller sizes.

Did you see the post above illustrating this?

Here's another example, one of these is men's and one is women's

The only actual difference between the two is the lighting

Last edited:
They don't make Daisy Dukes for men though so that's a pretty bad analogy. 

But Adidas does make UBs for men and women and the only difference is the labeling that determines whether it is sold as a men's shoe or women's shoe. 

They don't make Daisy Dukes for men though so that's a pretty bad analogy. 

But Adidas does make UBs for men and women and the only difference is the labeling that determines whether it is sold as a men's shoe or women's shoe. 
The only real difference I can think of is the heel cage on the white gradients. It's white on the womens and black on the men's...

I am not a big fan of the wool greys, but anyway. I only pay retail price for my shoes and if I couldn't get them in my size, then I move on. If the women's size is cheaper now, I'd expect the women's size to be cheaper if I plan to resell them later down the road. So you really aren't saving money in the end.
What you need to understand is the UB is a knitted upper.  There is a program that is used with the shoe dimensions that tells the knitting machine how to fabricate the upper.

All the shoes are fabricated the same until the end process when the tongue tag gets pressed onto the shoe.

Basically they fabricate say 100 size 11 UB, 50 get a US men's size 11 tag and 50 get a US women's  size 12 tag.

To kill the argument most UB boxes have three sizes on the sticker US, F, and UK.

If you look at a male box and female box the F and UK sizing are always the same.  Things only change for US sizing because we are SPECIAL

We have to be different from the rest of the world when it comes to measurements.

of course theres the width conversation between a men's and women's pair. But I still didn't feel the difference in length, width, or tightless between a men's 8.5 and a women's 9.5. The real difference is between a regular pk or wool pk

2 more days for RC!! I hope it drops early in the morning on the west coast before I have to head out for work! 
laugh.gif

Can't believe both RC and TB are dropping on weekdays 
mad.gif

Back
Top Bottom