ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
remember when people said boost is god and jordans are dead and then 2018 began?

UB is still great, IMO it's just an off-year. Loved the 1.0, hated the 2.0, loved the 3.0, dislike the 4.0.

UB is still 100 times more interesting than Jordan re-releasing the same shoes with zero creativity or chaging the color of one little part of the shoe (bred toes). At least Adidas is really pushing new tech and constantly trying to come out with something new. Jordan and Nike haven’t released any NEW interesting shoe in ages imo. The only thing Nike (and Jordan with the OW 1) have done to get some hype again is doing the collabs better than Adidas last year. I gotta give them props for finally letting artist get a more free hand to get more creative because Nike’s and Jordans collabs last year were really good.

But when it comes to new models and new tech, Adidas has been killing it for a while now IMO.

Well essentially when I look at most of the shoes I own, it's all "hypebeast-ish" items. Again, I feel like if you're into "sneakers", you're essentially a hypebeast. And if a company decides a certain shoe isn't worth anything, it could very well make me not want to own that shoe anymore.

Just interested to see what the next trend is.

Well essentially when I look at most of the shoes I own, it's all "hypebeast-ish" items. Again, I feel like if you're into "sneakers", you're essentially a hypebeast. And if a company decides a certain shoe isn't worth anything, it could very well make me not want to own that shoe anymore.

Just interested to see what the next trend is.
There are regulars in the JB forum who still wear Polo and baggy jeans to match their shoes exactly. I wouldn't consider them to be hypebeasts.

It depends on who you're asking and their age group. Surely there's a reason to why they're wearing Polo.

UB is still 100 times more interesting than Jordan re-releasing the same shoes with zero creativity or chaging the color of one little part of the shoe (bred toes). At least Adidas is really pushing new tech and constantly trying to come out with something new. Jordan and Nike haven’t released any NEW interesting shoe in ages imo. The only thing Nike (and Jordan with the OW 1) have done to get some hype again is doing the collabs better than Adidas last year. I gotta give them props for finally letting artist get a more free hand to get more creative because Nike’s and Jordans collabs last year were really good.

But when it comes to new models and new tech, Adidas has been killing it for a while now IMO.
what new tech did Adidas introduce this year?

It depends on who you're asking and their age group. Surely there's a reason to why they're wearing Polo.
They seem to genuinely like what they wear. I believe a hypebeast is someone who just buys what is hot and expensive, usually to impress others. For instance I doubt most people who bought those Balenciaga old man running shoes actually think they are stylish.

Those cookies n cream UB's decent...funny to see those get panned but want posts for those terrible naked collaboration joints with the distressed primeknit lol.

Fine by me though...gives me a chance to make up on skipping out on a white upper/black boost xeno and also looks like I'll be able to hold out for a discount lmao.

I'm also the guy rocking polos and baggy jeans lol.

Polos for me because I can wear then to work or just out and not have my gf yell at me for wearing a jersey...also opt for polos because it's easier to pull off with shorts than a long sleeve or even short sleeve button up shirt (I hate short sleeved button up too...just a bad look... Homer Simpson style)

Are we speaking Polo Ralph Lauren or just polo-styled T-shirts?

I just look at that fit as a classical look, never can go wrong with it.

I don't understand the hype for epic reacts. they might be good performance shoes but they lack the aesthetics

I don't understand the hype for epic reacts. they might be good performance shoes but they lack the aesthetics
I wouldn't call it hype, if there is any there isn't much of it. It reminds me of when my parents were juiced to get their hands on the iPhone 4 when the 6 was the current model.

nike epic reacts look decent, the 270s are really nice, but I'm really waiting for something with ZoomX to come out.

Adidas' 4D stuff is neat but the pricing, availability, and debatable comfort is off-putting. I would love to see some new designs this year. Crazy BYW was a nice drop (admittedly I was underwhelmed, but I didn't return them).

I bought the Epic Reacts. Not Boost... It’s a solid shoe IMO, but don’t expect it to be as comfy. I’m not a runner so I can’t comment on which is better there, but as an overall lifestyle shoe that most of us use UB for...it just doesn’t match the comfort level.

Your whole point of view is a huge matter of opinion. The Air Max 270 and the ZoomX Vaporfly Elite are both new and I’d personally rather have those than anything Adidas has brought to the table this year. 4Ds are interesting, but I wouldn’t be bent out of shape if I never got a pair either. Clothing is a completely different ball of wax. Nike all day.

Top-to-bottom Nike is always going to be Daddy. And If I could only choose one brand till I was 100, it would be Nike. Does that diminish what Adidas has done the past 3 years or so? Of course not. What they accomplished in a such a short period of time is nothing short of amazing and has been great for the consumer. But, it’s not like Adidas hasn’t been throwing Boost/knit on everything recently and they’re already planning on retroing the UBs 1.0s. People aren’t buying Stan Smiths and Shell Toes for the tech either. Same regurgitation of shoes that are 30+ years old, albeit on a smaller scale than Nike.

And this is coming from someone owns 500+ pairs (Nike, Adidas, Asics, Puma, Reebok, Diadora, Saucony, Vans, New Balance etc.) of shoes and at least 75+ pairs of them being Boost/Adidas. I remember when you were lucky to get 2 pages deep in this thread over a week during the Pure Boost, early UB days. And oddly enough, no was beating the tech drum back then as hard and as loud as they have over the last year or so ...

Last edited:
I bought the Epic Reacts. Not Boost... It’s a solid shoe IMO, but don’t expect it to be as comfy. I’m not a runner so I can’t comment on which is better there, but as an overall lifestyle shoe that most of us use UB for...it just doesn’t match the comfort level.

thanks. was just about to "try" a pair from asos and return it back

it's getting annoying seeing boost vs react or boost vs air fights all over this site. Personally prefer boost over everything, but if I go into the react thread I want to see stuff about react not boost, likewise when I'm in here I don't want to see stuff about nike shoes. Nike and Adidas can exist together, it's not like by buying one you have to brand a swoosh or 3 stripes on yourself and never buy another brand sneaker again!

Back
Top Bottom