ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What'd you order?

I didnt order anything but sold something on stockx and gave the UPS driver the package on the 21st. Didnt update til this morning that its out for delivery.
It just said Ready for UPS... Thought StockX will slap me with the flake fee. LOL I did email them that I did ship the package on the 21st.

Adidas did state that they made the PK thinner to help make it more breathable.
Where did they say that? All I recall for 3.0s knit pattern was to help with running.

I didn't feel a noticeable difference in 1.0/2.0 vs 3.0 in breathability but a definite difference in thinness. Sounds like a ploy to me to make an excuse to cut corners.

I think Adidas is forgetting to appeal to the consumers who made UBs popular to the general public.

But it may be we are a small few since they focus more on GR stuff and marketing hard on non-boost stuff like Propheres and Deerupts.

I don't see their numbers or sales so I could only assume that the Originals brand takes higher priority than Boost tech.

I think Adidas is forgetting to appeal to the consumers who made UBs popular to the general public.

But it may be we are a small few since they focus more on GR stuff and marketing hard on non-boost stuff like Propheres and Deerupts.

I don't see their numbers or sales so I could only assume that the Originals brand takes higher priority than Boost tech.

I think they're playing it well by re-releasing some key 1.0 patterns as well as bringing back the knit pattern (without the blocking) for the climas. I definitely feel like they're trying to appeal to the OG customers as well as the people who missed out on the 1.0s. They also have to hold back quantities a bit because I'm sure they'd have to totally reduce prices. Can't remember the last time anyone bought a 4.0 UB for retail. If the quantities weren't basically GR, they'd probably be making more money per unit.

I think they're playing it well by re-releasing some key 1.0 patterns as well as bringing back the knit pattern (without the blocking) for the climas. I definitely feel like they're trying to appeal to the OG customers as well as the people who missed out on the 1.0s. They also have to hold back quantities a bit because I'm sure they'd have to totally reduce prices. Can't remember the last time anyone bought a 4.0 UB for retail. If the quantities weren't basically GR, they'd probably be making more money per unit.
Probably, but there a a boat load of people not even on the boost hype. I think it's good 4.0 making discount rack because the avg consumer that don't wanna fork 180 for a beater gym/training shoe can get them at the price they should be. And it also gives Adidas a wake up call that their hype from 1.0 is slowly fading.

If the Drake deal goes through I believe they have a chance for a few more hype moments if the shoe they make with him has boost. It's really hard to say where Adidas is trying to focus their sales though. It seems Boost tech put them on the map again yet they appealing more to the avg consumer with all the Adidas original stuff. Once more GR futurecraft comes, they'll probably push that down our throats more than boost.

Probably, but there a a boat load of people not even on the boost hype. I think it's good 4.0 making discount rack because the avg consumer that don't wanna fork 180 for a beater gym/training shoe can get them at the price they should be. And it also gives Adidas a wake up call that their hype from 1.0 is slowly fading.

If the Drake deal goes through I believe they have a chance for a few more hype moments if the shoe they make with him has boost. It's really hard to say where Adidas is trying to focus their sales though. It seems Boost tech put them on the map again yet they appealing more to the avg consumer with all the Adidas original stuff. Once more GR futurecraft comes, they'll probably push that down our throats more than boost.

My man, I get that you don't like the new UB's but you need to think outside of just yourself. Can you name a single silo released in the last 15 years that stayed relevant by staying the same and just releasing in new colors? Racers, Trainers, Roshes, even ZX fluxes had their moment but have faded away after being some of the most hyped pairs available. Not to mention that Boost didn't put them on the "map." Boost were bricks for a good minute with PBs, Energy Boosts, and even OG Purp UB's sitting with multiple FSR at outlets. I even bought OG Purps for BOGO 50% off. As much as I hate admitting it, it was the Kanye cosign that got boost noticed, not the other way around so you can't expect Adi to cater to a group that didn't care at all about them until they got a celebrity cosign who would just as quickly jump ship to wherever the new hype is.

And as far as Originals and Adi pushing non-boost, look at the best selling models. In 2016, the Superstar was only Adi model in the top 10 and in 2017, the only Adi models were the Superstar and the Tubular Shadow. I understand that our view is skewed because this is what we like to do but UB's, Pharrell's, and other hype pairs, etc. are a drop in the bucket in terms of moving units. Adi probably sells several thousand pairs of UB's a month maybe even tens of thousands but they easily sell 1,000,000+ Superstars a month. All of the Originals and non-boost stuff is what keeps the lights on so you can bet they're going to push them.

This is the exact same thing that happened with Porsche when they introduced the Cayenne. You had all the enthusiasts complaining that they were killing the brand, diluting the heritage, alienating their core customer, etc. and that they were what made the company what it is. Little did they know that the Cayenne pretty much saved the company and is what keeps the lights on lets Porsche continue making 911's, 918's, and other stuff like that.

My man, I get that you don't like the new UB's but you need to think outside of just yourself. Can you name a single silo released in the last 15 years that stayed relevant by staying the same and just releasing in new colors? Racers, Trainers, Roshes, even ZX fluxes had their moment but have faded away after being some of the most hyped pairs available. Not to mention that Boost didn't put them on the "map." Boost were bricks for a good minute with PBs, Energy Boosts, and even OG Purp UB's sitting with multiple FSR at outlets. I even bought OG Purps for BOGO 50% off. As much as I hate admitting it, it was the Kanye cosign that got boost noticed, not the other way around so you can't expect Adi to cater to a group that didn't care at all about them until they got a celebrity cosign who would just as quickly jump ship to wherever the new hype is.

And as far as Originals and Adi pushing non-boost, look at the best selling models. In 2016, the Superstar was only Adi model in the top 10 and in 2017, the only Adi models were the Superstar and the Tubular Shadow. I understand that our view is skewed because this is what we like to do but UB's, Pharrell's, and other hype pairs, etc. are a drop in the bucket in terms of moving units. Adi probably sells several thousand pairs of UB's a month maybe even tens of thousands but they easily sell 1,000,000+ Superstars a month. All of the Originals and non-boost stuff is what keeps the lights on so you can bet they're going to push them.

This is the exact same thing that happened with Porsche when they introduced the Cayenne. You had all the enthusiasts complaining that they were killing the brand, diluting the heritage, alienating their core customer, etc. and that they were what made the company what it is. Little did they know that the Cayenne pretty much saved the company and is what keeps the lights on lets Porsche continue making 911's, 918's, and other stuff like that.

Stan Smiths. That and Superstars have stayed the same in the last 15 years.

And I don't get your Porsche point, seems as it is agreeing with my point that a high-end running shoe seemed like a bad idea but ended up putting them up there with Jordan/Nike brand in 2016/2017. And that they should cater to that particular consumer.

Celebrity cosign always drives hype no matter what is going to be sold. Yes, Kayne had an influence on Boost, but iterations there after, consumer took upon that role. If Kanye was the sole reason UBs sold out, The CWs that were not worn by him shouldn't have but they did. OG purp and white 1.0s started the momentum, then CWs like 3Ms and Creams had their own hype. If Adidas is trying to create an urban fashion wear identity by hiring these 'icons' to create for them, it seems counterintuitive to create these in-house designs when they have folks pushing the urban culture at their fingertips.

They've tried this with Selena gomez and bieber with the Adidas Neo brand but failed miserably. Now they have Kanye, Pharrell, and potentially Drake, they can help push UBs or any boost. All it took was BAPE to cosign on a DAME silhouette and that sold out with the quickness.

But with all that aside, just seems that their cash cow is boost tech at the moment since they can charge almost double or more vs. any prophere or deerupt.
so them being lazy with designs with 3.0/4.0 vs what they can really do with collabs and different CW/materials in other silhouettes is what gets me.

And I don't get your Porsche point, seems as it is agreeing with my point that a high-end running shoe seemed like a bad idea but ended up putting them up there with Jordan/Nike brand in 2016/2017. And that they should cater to that particular consumer.

Celebrity cosign always drives hype no matter what is going to be sold. Yes, Kayne had an influence on Boost, but iterations there after, consumer took upon that role. If Kanye was the sole reason UBs sold out, The CWs that were not worn by him shouldn't have but they did. OG purp and white 1.0s started the momentum, then CWs like 3Ms and Creams had their own hype. If Adidas is trying to create an urban fashion wear identity by hiring these 'icons' to create for them, it seems counterintuitive to create these in-house designs when they have folks pushing the urban culture at their fingertips.

They've tried this with Selena gomez and bieber with the Adidas Neo brand but failed miserably. Now they have Kanye, Pharrell, and potentially Drake, they can help push UBs or any boost. All it took was BAPE to cosign on a DAME silhouette and that sold out with the quickness.

But with all that aside, just seems that their cash cow is boost tech at the moment since they can charge almost double or more vs. any prophere or deerupt.
so them being lazy with designs with 3.0/4.0 vs what they can really do with collabs and different CW/materials in other silhouettes is what gets me.

I'm talking new silos. Classics are classics. Stans, Superstars, Chucks, AF1's, etc. will always sell. 50 years from now people will still be wearing white Superstars with black stripes, black high top Chucks, and all white AF1's.

The Porsche point is about enthusiasts complaining about brands focusing on more entry level, lower priced, and more accessible product when they "should" be focusing on their more hardcore, more expensive offerings when it just isn't realistic from a business point of view. The cash cow is not UB or boost or the 911 for Porsche, it's what sells which is why Adi puts so much effort into their Originals line because their best sellers (Superstars, Tubular Shadows, Swift Runs, Tiro pants, Superstar track tops, etc.) are all from that line.

The Kanye cosign really can't be compared to anything else. It was the perfect storm. You had a good looking model, one of the biggest stars on the planet, new tech that is actually noticeable better than others, and a bunch of people looking for something new after frankly, Nike got really stale after so much success. The Pharrell deal looks good on here because we see how the HU NMD's are doing but other than that, the Tennis Hu's, the clothing, and all those previous Stans he was doing didn't move at all. The BAPE Dames moved but people aint rushing out to go buy GR Dames. Same goes for Drake and 8's.

Like I said, this can all be difficult to comprehend because this is what we do. We see some hyped UB selling out immediately and think that's whats making Adidas money when frankly it isn't. Just think about it, Adi sells more than a million Superstars a month. I'd bet Adi could sell their entire current UB inventory and they could move more Superstars in a week and the week after and the week after and so on.

I'm talking new silos. Classics are classics. Stans, Superstars, Chucks, AF1's, etc. will always sell. 50 years from now people will still be wearing white Superstars with black stripes, black high top Chucks, and all white AF1's.

The Porsche point is about enthusiasts complaining about brands focusing on more entry level, lower priced, and more accessible product when they "should" be focusing on their more hardcore, more expensive offerings when it just isn't realistic from a business point of view. The cash cow is not UB or boost or the 911 for Porsche, it's what sells which is why Adi puts so much effort into their Originals line because their best sellers (Superstars, Tubular Shadows, Swift Runs, Tiro pants, Superstar track tops, etc.) are all from that line.

The Kanye cosign really can't be compared to anything else. It was the perfect storm. You had a good looking model, one of the biggest stars on the planet, new tech that is actually noticeable better than others, and a bunch of people looking for something new after frankly, Nike got really stale after so much success. The Pharrell deal looks good on here because we see how the HU NMD's are doing but other than that, the Tennis Hu's, the clothing, and all those previous Stans he was doing didn't move at all. The BAPE Dames moved but people aint rushing out to go buy GR Dames. Same goes for Drake and 8's.

Like I said, this can all be difficult to comprehend because this is what we do. We see some hyped UB selling out immediately and think that's whats making Adidas money when frankly it isn't. Just think about it, Adi sells more than a million Superstars a month. I'd bet Adi could sell their entire current UB inventory and they could move more Superstars in a week and the week after and the week after and so on.
Fully aware that Adidas goes beyond what is hype now but from a Brand Awareness standpoint, if Adidas is trying to go beyond Jordan/Nike in the urban fashion scene and general consumer awareness, they ain't gonna do it with Propheres and deerupts.

You still see average joe gravitate towards Nike over Adidas (in the US market) because Nike is nike and.

If you are gonna go solely by volume sales alone, then they should push Superstars/Stan smiths much more. However, that's not how marketing works and flavor of the days/month keeps the Brand fresh. Their VP influence marketer Jon Wex knows this which is why his social media is filled with our 'niche' market.

I don't see any propheres or deerupts in his latest posts. All in all I'm saying is that the thing they should be pushing is losing hype that they may never see again because of poor design/material choices when they had it from what made them successful these past 2 years.

Going to argue that theyre pushing originals because they dont own boost outright, so probably make less on margins selling boost than originals as id say BASF takes a cut of every boost shoe sale. Hence more marketing and lower prices for originals, despite the recent raised prices for the ultraboost shoes, adi still makes more than on any boost shoe sold

Last edited:
debating if i should og TTS or .5 up on the milled leather 93/17s

bought (and returned) a mesh pair in a 10 and it was a bit tight on the sides but milled is PK so 0_0 someone halp lol

debating if i should og TTS or .5 up on the milled leather 93/17s

bought (and returned) a mesh pair in a 10 and it was a bit tight on the sides but milled is PK so 0_0 someone halp lol
I would still go up .5 size. I own multiple pairs of 93/17s and even the knit pairs fit similar to the mesh, just not as soft. Its just a more narrow model compaired to UBs.

Anyone ever had luck getting Sivas to remove VAT after purchase? I can't remember if they're one of the sites that does it or not.

Back
Top Bottom