ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's exaggerating. But I do feel the same way he does. Comparing the white 4.0 to the 1.0 is borderline insulting.
To who?

I just don't get the gaga-ness over any all white shoe. Them ****s are doomed anyway. Just have a clean pair and you straight. But on the other side of the coin some white shoes are better than others.

I could feel like I'm wrong after seeing the white O.G.'s in person if that were to happen. I definitely felt wrong about today's O.G.'s aftering seeing them in person.

But the original comment was 1.0 whites> 1.0 creams. I'm just saying a 4.0 white is a fair knockoff. The 4.0 talc they dropped, while nice, didn't come close to the 1.0's.

Last edited:
To who?

I just don't get the gaga-ness over any all white shoe. Them ****s are doomed anyway. Just have a clean pair and you straight. But on the other side of the coin some white shoes are better than others.

What does the upkeep have to do with the shoe's appearance? For what it's worth, I've said time and time again that people exaggerate how easily these get dirty. I have a pair I've worn regularly for two years that can pass as new and all I do is run water on the midsole after every few wears. You can apply similar logic to a mostly black shoe and ask what is so special about *insert name of shoe*? You can hardly see the details anyway.

What does the upkeep have to do with the shoe's appearance? For what it's worth, I've said time and time again that people exaggerate how easily these get dirty. I have a pair I've worn regularly for two years and can pass as new and all I do is run water on the midsole after every few wears. You can apply similar logic to a mostly black shoe and ask what is so special about *insert name of shoe*? You can hardly see the details anyway.
I definitely think the same logic can be applied to black shoes. In fact, I see people apply that logic. I don't, because I prefer a darker shoe...easier to keep clean and hide wear.

But see my edit to take it back to the main disagreement. I'm not trying to besmirch the 1.0 white. I'm just saying a 4.0 white is comparable to the 1.0 vs the 4.0 talc not holding a candle to the 1.0.

I wore my OG Whites for 2 years before they looked too dirty to wear. People just don’t know how to take care of their shoes. And I never sprayed anything on them, nor did I ever wash them lol. White shoes stay clean unless you’re wearing them in high hazard areas only.

I think it's a safe assumption that anyone posting here knows how to care for their shoes.

My white 4.0's got ****ed the last time I wore them because I tripped on a curb and the upper of the shoe went straight into dirt/mud. Clean white shoe ruined. Sure, I can wash them, but it's not the same. Still got my 2.0's though.

I definitely think the same logic can be applied to black shoes. In fact, I see people apply that logic. I don't, because I prefer a darker shoe...easier to keep clean and hide wear.

But see my edit to take it back to the main disagreement. I'm not trying to besmirch the 1.0 white. I'm just saying a 4.0 white is comparable to the 1.0 vs the 4.0 talc not holding a candle to the 1.0.
I don't think the 4.0 is comparable to 1.0 period, no matter the color whether it is the Core Black or the Triple White. If we want to be technical the difference between the Cream 1.0 and its 4.0 counterpart is probably more noticeable in the materials because one has wool.

I don't think the 4.0 is comparable to 1.0 period, no matter the color whether it is the Core Black or the Triple White. If we want to be technical the difference between the Cream 1.0 and its 4.0 counterpart is probably more noticeable in the materials because one has wool.
Feels like the discussion is continuing for the s&g's. We all have our opinions.

And "probably" isnt very technical. Lets add in the 2 tone cage as well as the contrasting knit in the toe/throughout the shoe along with the black sole as differences as well.

guys think Adidas did the 30% off promo on the weekend of the OG release, or was that coincidence? Curious percentage who copped strictly because of the discount. I was copping the same amount regardless, but thats just me. When my wife sent me the text with the pic of the discount card coupon, I yelped. And then she said they let her grab 4 and I wanted to smack her *** for doing a good job.

She went in today. Grabbed a pair of 4D's for herself and those shamu's (?) and navy MC for our oldest. Everything 30% off.

Feels like the discussion is continuing for the s&g's. We all have our opinions.

And "probably" isnt very technical. Lets add in the 2 tone cage as well as the contrasting knit in the toe/throughout the shoe along with the black sole as differences as well.
You seem to be more focused on the color blocking of the shoe, and I am too to some degree. But I was more focused on the make up. I don't see how a 1.0 can be mistaken as a 4.0 and vice versa even if the color blocking is exactly the same.

guys think Adidas did the 30% off promo on the weekend of the OG release, or was that coincidence? Curious percentage who copped strictly because of the discount. I was copping the same amount regardless, but thats just me. When my wife sent me the text with the pic of the discount card coupon, I yelped. And then she said they let her grab 4 and I wanted to smack her *** for doing a good job.

She went in today. Grabbed a pair of 4D's for herself and those shamu's (?) and navy MC for our oldest. Everything 30% off.
I think it has to do with more getting foot traffic into brick and mortar stores for the holiday season then anything else imo

Probably just to finish off Boost week and push those holiday sales. Had to have been planned awhile ago.

You seem to be more focused on the color blocking of the shoe, and I am too to some degree. But I was more focused on the make up. I don't see how a 1.0 can be mistaken as a 4.0 and vice versa even if the color blocking is exactly the same.
I'm not trying to imply that a 4.0 could be mistaken for a 1.0. I'm implying the 1.0 cream is more desirable than the 1.0 white due to the 4.0 white being a close knockoff vs the 4.0 chalk not being very close at all to its 1.0 counterpart.

^Was surprised to see “boost week” started today. How were the creams and medal pack not even part of it?

I'm not trying to imply that a 4.0 could be mistaken for a 1.0. I'm implying the 1.0 cream is more desirable than the 1.0 white due to the 4.0 white being a close knockoff vs the 4.0 chalk not being very close at all to its 1.0 counterpart.

Bad position to take in the first place lol. Because they made the 4.0 look like the 1.0, the OG White is automatically less appealing than the Creams, because the 4.0 version of the Cream isn’t like the 1.0 version of the Cream? :lol: wow

None of the 1.0's desirability diminished due to the 4.0's being available as a possible alternative. The Creams popularity and market value was driven by being Limited and the rumors that it was a friends and family exclusive.

I think the 30% off started last week. People have been posting 30% off chalk/creams, some getting the discount, some not. The boost specific promo around the week of boost appears planned. It’s highly likely Adi employees knew of the boost promotion and figured people would come back for price adjustments a week later. Not sure otherwise how to explain the ad hoc application by employees in the stores.

I was going to buy the creams and this release regardless of discount, actually surprised they discounted those two CWs and the 4Ds

I think the 30% off started last week. People have been posting 30% off chalk/creams, some getting the discount, some not. The boost specific promo around the week of boost appears planned. It’s highly likely Adi employees knew of the boost promotion and figured people would come back for price adjustments a week later. Not sure otherwise how to explain the ad hoc application by employees in the stores.

I was going to buy the creams and this release regardless of discount, actually surprised they discounted those two CWs and the 4Ds
i think last weeks discounts were due to Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. The shoes had the discount tag on the shoe, and the creams and some others didn't. Because all of the other shoes did, I think employees said F it, ok to discount the others (in some stores). I could be wrong. But i was at adidas in Century City and they didn't have those 30% off cards.

Back
Top Bottom