ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
supposedly wood wood restock tonight? but idk what site sadly and im sure bots would eat it up ugh 

Juse made this sick custom! Lightest UB yet!
Emperor's New Boosts
pimp.gif

Sorry to trouble everyone but anyone knows where can i locate the white womans ultra boost in a eu37.5? any help will be much appreciated! i know you guys hate to see looking for posts day in and day out! sorry again!

UB's are heavy comment could possibly be the craziest comment I've read on NT. Signature worthy. Imagine if there was a negative rep function? He'd be in rep debt.

I wish they had that feature here.

Fam is just plotting a response right now. Cooking something up in the lab to come back to. Its going to be strong.
I assume you're referring to me "fam?" Not mad and I could care less about reps on a website, not really the type to brag about that kind of thing to people in real life... 

My point was that, at over 11 ounces, the UBs are HEAVIER than my Flyknit Racers (which I wear most of the time) that weigh 5.6 ounces and that was PART of the decision to uncage them... I know it doesn't drop the weight dramatically, but I'm happy with my decision nonetheless. No need to be a **** 10 pages later, don't you have kids to play with/feed? After almost 10,000 posts, I'm sure they'd love it if dad stopped dropping new terms like "rep debt" on sneaker forums and would go outside and play with them... Just a thought...

Last edited:
I assume you're referring to me "fam?" Not mad and I could care less about reps on a website, not really the type to brag about that kind of thing to people in real life... 

My point was that, at over 11 ounces, the UBs are HEAVIER that my Flyknit Racers (which I wear most of the time) that weigh 5.6 ounces and that was PART of the decision to uncage them... I know it doesn't drop the weight dramatically, but I'm happy with my decision nonetheless. No need to be a **** 10 pages later, don't you have kids to play with/feed? After almost 10,000 posts, I'm sure they'd love it if dad stopped dropping new terms like "rep debt" on sneaker forums and would go outside and play with them... Just a thought...

lmao dude dropped the weights over here... the freakin weight! haha

And for everyone who said that the weight difference wasn't substantial without the cage (which, as far as I can tell has no function as I still feel locked in and supported without it), I just weighed one of the four cage parts and it weighed 16.4 grams. 16.4 x 4 cage parts = 65.6 grams. 

There are 28 grams in an ounce (for all you straight edged folk) so 65.6/28 = a weight difference of 2.34 ounces on an 11 ounce shoe... Or a 21% decrease...

#themoreyouknow

Heavier than Flyknits sure but does thst make them heavy? No. They arent a pair of Retro Jordans or a pair of Air Maxes. Cageless looks stupid. Why even buy the shoe if youre gonna do that? Look for another shoe or get another pair of Racers. Thats like cutting the wings of a Jordan 4.

Youre really gonna think a couple of ounces is THAT much different? Cmon son.

And for everyone who said that the weight difference wasn't substantial without the cage (which, as far as I can tell has no function as I still feel locked in and supported without it), I just weighed one of the four cage parts and it weighed 16.4 grams. 16.4 x 4 cage parts = 65.6 grams. 

There are 28 grams in an ounce (for all you straight edged folk) so 65.6/28 = a weight difference of 2.34 ounces on an 11 ounce shoe... Or a 21% decrease...

#themoreyouknow

gahhhh damn mathematician!

Maannnnnn, people in here seem like some global warming denying, science hating, sheep with strong feelings and delicate emotions! To each their own, I'm obviously not the only one who prefers the look and feel, especially coming from non-Adidas/boost shoes. 

I really like what the Futureknit series looks like (cageless, with painted/embedded stripes), so I'm not opposed to the idea of branding. I just think that relatively heavy (over 1/5 of the whole shoe's weight), redundant, cheap looking (in my eyes) stripes that are supposed to be a lacing system for a shoe that people wear with the laces untied (or loosely tied), makes absolutely no sense. 

I would much prefer it if Adidas would incorporate different color yarn into the knit design of UBs to make the appearance of the 3 stripes on the side.

Last edited:

#themoreyouknow
I think you're just fanning the flames on the heat you're getting for your post.  Seeing as how the ultra boost is a performance shoe, I'm sure the cage does serve a purpose for its intended purpose (running).  If I had to guess, the cage probably acts as a stabilizer so that a person's foot doesn't move around when running long distances.

I can see the weight difference coming into play in a performance setting (i.e. running a marathon or sprints), but in everyday wear that weight difference is negligible.  I love my racers, but the comfort provide by the UB far outweighs the weight difference. And this is coming from someone who is walking around the majority of the work day.

My point was that, at over 11 ounces, the UBs are HEAVIER than my Flyknit Racers (which I wear most of the time) that weigh 5.6 ounces and that was PART of the decision to uncage them... I know it doesn't drop the weight dramatically, but I'm happy with my decision nonetheless. No need to be a **** 10 pages later, don't you have kids to play with/feed? After almost 10,000 posts, I'm sure they'd love it if dad stopped dropping new terms like "rep debt" on sneaker forums and would go outside and play with them... Just a thought...

what did i tell you guys? This was inevitable.

And its "I couldn't care less" not could care less.

Your comment was so dumb. Trying to get at me with the comments about going to play with the kids outside. You have no clue. And since you're the mathematician, my 9700 posts averages out to just under 6 posts per day. I surely have some time to spare in order to post 6 times per day, no?? Am i allowed?

You really weighed the shoes. Hilarious.

Instead of cutting cages off, maybe you should learn how to use "couldn't care less." Go play with your goat.

JUST A THOUGHT........

Last edited:

I think you're just fanning the flames on the heat you're getting for your post.  Seeing as how the ultra boost is a performance shoe, I'm sure the cage does serve a purpose for its intended purpose (running).  If I had to guess, the cage probably acts as a stabilizer so that a person's foot doesn't move around when running long distances.

I can see the weight difference coming into play in a performance setting (i.e. running a marathon or sprints), but in everyday wear that weight difference is negligible.  I love my racers, but the comfort provide by the UB far outweighs the weight difference. And this is coming from someone who is walking around the majority of the work day.
I'd disagree. As I said, I haven't noticed any instability since removing the cage. I'm not a huge runner, I mostly wear the UBs casually and to the gym for upper body days. Coming from lighter shoes like the FK Racer, FK 3.0, and FK Hyperfeel, I almost prefer the lower heel drop and lighter weight of those shoes. That being said, boost is truly incredible, and if they would rerelease the Consortium Primeknit Pure Boost again, I'd even pay retail.
what did i tell you guys? This was inevitable.

And its "I couldn't care less" not could care less.

Your comment was so dumb. Trying to get at me with the comments about going to play with the kids outside. You have no clue.

You really weighed the shoes. Hilarious.

Instead of cutting cages off, maybe you should learn how to use "couldn't care less."

JUST A THOUGHT........
As for you, don't get panties in a bunch... I posted an opinion and evidence supporting that opinion in a shoe forum meant for information/discussion about the very topics I was touching on and returned to find pages of people who disagreed with my opinion (such as yourself) echoing the same thing over and over in exceedingly mindless ways so I thought I would address some of those arguments.

Look, I know I'm not going to convince you or anyone else and I'm not trying to. That being said, I'm not going to let some 40+ father who uses the word "fam" in a non-sarcastic way think he has the almighty last word in an ultimately meaningless war of words on a sneaker forum.

And it's true, I messed up on "could care less," but the fact that you have the time to check my grammar and post over 200 (9,741/48 for all you math lovers out there) posts/month for nearly 5 years really makes me doubt you give your kids the attention they deserve. And if you can't see that, I'm not the one with "no clue."

I'd disagree. As I said, I haven't noticed any instability since removing the cage. I'm not a huge runner, I mostly wear the UBs casually and to the gym for upper body days. Coming from lighter shoes like the FK Racer, FK 3.0, and FK Hyperfeel, I almost prefer the lower heel drop and lighter weight of those shoes. That being said, boost is truly incredible, and if they would rerelease the Consortium Primeknit Pure Boost again, I'd even pay retail.

As for you, don't get panties in a bunch... I posted an opinion and evidence supporting that opinion in a shoe forum meant for information/discussion about the very topics I was touching on and returned to find pages of people who disagreed with my opinion (such as yourself) echoing the same thing over and over in exceedingly mindless ways so I thought I would address some of those arguments.

Look, I know I'm not going to convince you or anyone else and I'm not trying to. That being said, I'm not going to let some 40+ father who uses the word "fam" in a non-sarcastic way think he has the almighty last word in an ultimately meaningless war of words on a sneaker forum.

And it's true, I messed up on "could care less," but the fact that you have the time to check my grammar and post over 200 (9,741/48 for all you math lovers out there) posts/month for nearly 5 years really makes me doubt you give your kids the attention they deserve. And if you can't see that, I'm not the one with "no clue."

right, how dare I average 6 posts per day. I'm such a terrible father. I also shouldn't talk to friends on the phone, text people, or take dumps for more than 10 minutes. That would be child abuse. Cool if I read a magazine? Watch Sportscaster? Listen to some music? Please let me know. I'll do better next time.

Only person "getting panties in a bunch" is you. You posted an opinion, and so did we. Ironic how your opinion is ok, and ours isn't, right? Crazy thing is I was the one posting "people shouldn't care what others do with their money even if they don't agree". But you're acting like I'm the captain of this lynching. Thats ok. I'll be the captain of this ship for you if you need to send your anger in this direction. I'm ok with that.

by the way, its more than 48 months (9741/48). Been here for about 57 months. Get it right if you're going to try and clown. 1 year equals 12 months in these parts.

Next up......Shaving down the boost to get .04 ounces off the weight.

One day, you'll realize how ridiculous your comment was about taking weight off. Its one thing to say you like the way it looks, but then you had to go get silly and talk about taking weight off the shoe. Thats when looney tunes occurred. THE most ridiculous comment in the history of NT comments. And there have been some terrible ones. Shot right past "UN-DS Anxiety."

Back
Top Bottom