ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I love Kobe as a player but dude never once had a season close to what Curry's done this year. Warriors will win it all this year too.

For career achievements it's too early to talk Curry but he's already reached peaks well above what Kobe has. We'll see where it goes from here but scary to think that Curry could get even better.

What has Curry done that Kobe hasn't?

Matches only has US half sizes after the conversion. I'm an 11.5 in UB. Will the 10.5 work for the ZG knits? I'm assuming the 11.5 would be too big right?

I'm also have an 11 in the PK NMD but a 10.5 would have worked way better.

I want to say yes they will fit, to be honest. Do you have wide feet? If not, going a full size down should be fine. I have somewhat wide feet and i think I'd still have room if i went down a .5 size in the ZG knits. I currently have so much toe room, its not even funny. Putting a boost sole might not be enough. I'm contemplating putting in a spenco sole.

It's a totally different league now than when Kobe was in his prime.  Defense is awful and the refs call so many more touch fouls comparatively speaking, so it's hard to have a direct comparison.  Just like it's unfair to say that all the QBs and WRs in the NFL who constantly shatter records are so much better than those from past eras.  Rule changes and shifts in the game make those comparisons difficult.

Don't know peoples' ages here but I'm pretty sure anyone who lived through MJ's prime and Kobe's prime doesn't think it's much of a comparison between the two. Don't get it twisted, I'm a big Mamba fan and love his dedication and drive to be the best. But I remain objective in assessing who the better player is.

If you think Curry's performance this season isn't among the best seasons ever (if not THE best), then you're ignoring facts.

What has Curry done that Kobe hasn't?

For one, Curry's gonna be a 2-time MVP (and counting). Kobe only had 1 and arguably LeBron deserved it that year. Obv his 3 pt record this year is amazing. And shooting 50-40-90? Kobe was a great scorer but never anywhere near as efficient as Curry has been.

And I'm not a huge advanced stats person, but Deadspin has a good piece today on how Kobe's career greatness lies more in his consistent excellence rather than peak performance. To be that good for that long is obviously incredible.

Last edited:
Back to the BOOST. Champs/FTL should be open on East Coast now...any work of stock? Or all gone early?

Funny that all the restocks and all the pairs being resold are on the East Coast - what happened to stores on the West Coast ?

Talk to me when Curry makes 12 all defensive teams (9 first teams).

I didn't say that Curry's career is greater than Kobe's. Kobe's the #2 SG ever. Curry's story is far from written. I'm saying that writing off the view that Curry may one day be viewed on Kobe's level is silly.

And I was just pointing out that he has certainly achieved meaningful things that Kobe has not. That doesn't mean he's better since longevity is incredibly important.

I didn't say that Curry's career is greater than Kobe's. Kobe's the #2 SG ever. Curry's story is far from written. I'm saying that writing off the view that Curry may one day be viewed on Kobe's level is silly.

And I was just pointing out that he has certainly achieved meaningful things that Kobe has not. That doesn't mean he's better since longevity is incredibly important.
Curry is the right guy at the right time for today's NBA, that's for sure.  But it's hard to make the argument that he'd be doing what he's doing now if he played in the 90s or earlier.  I remember seeing a Gary Payton interview where he basically said when he played they'd deal with a Curry by knocking his *** out.  Put him down hard as many times as it takes until he can't comfortably hit those shots.  Obviously you can't have any of that in today's game, but Curry is a smart guy and he's got the perfect skills to take advantage of how the 21st century game is played.

I do think last night was a good representation of Kobe though 60 pts, okay....attempted 50 shots, closest teammate at 10 attempts hahaha

And agreed I'm same age as Kobe watched his whole career, and I saw MJ play live in the 90s....it's changed, all amazing athletes....but I've never seen anything like Curry

But okay, back to creams

Last edited:
I think you should probably stop watching basketball then
laugh.gif

Game is different today for sure, so it's a fair point that comparisons aren't easily done vs. someone like MJ (pretty much will always be the GOAT for me). But the game's been softening up for a while, the 00s weren't nearly as physical as the 80s and 90s and the 00s is where Kobe shined brightest.

You could pound Curry when he drives but you can't do a whole lot with his 3s. I mean dude takes absurd shots that would get any other player benched - it's not fundamentally sound but he makes it work and he's one of a kind when it comes to that. You can't reasonably defend a guy 28 feet from the hoop without it distorting your defensive spacing and opening up other stuff. Much like those guys claim they would be playing Curry differently, Curry would adapt too.

If what he was doing was just a function of the game being different, you'd see other dudes replicating him but the fact is they can't. Pure stats aren't easily comparable bc the game is so different now, but that's where advanced stats help, since they adjust for pace/style. But he's head and shoulders above the current league so that tells you he's something special, not just a product of the current style.

Last edited:
NJ HEADS, Just copped a pair at Willowbrook Champs. They seemed to have a good amount of pairs but resellers eating them up quick. One per person

Has anyone checked with their FTL to see if they restocked today? My local one said they haven't received another shipment after Tuesday's.

arguing with someone who's prime viewing of sports in a current era is pointless.

The NBA is just awful right now. Kids going pro early with no business of going pro. The league needs to retract 2-4 teams. Wishful thinking.

Sports arguments/debates are as pointless as arguing what's better, creams or SB's.

Back
Top Bottom