ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wait until the winnsports price goes down $20. It eventually will. Some days it $199, other days $179.

Gonna buy two more when they drop.

different primeknit pattern. 2.0 has continental soles (its a tire/rubber company)
ultraboost is written in gold on the 2.0 I believe as well.

im sure theres a couple more differences
Og pattern vs gradient pattern. Non continental sole vs continental sole.
V1>V2
Thx fella's. Recently copped CB 2.0 off adidas, know I'm questioning returning to cop the 1.0 off that eBay listing

Newbie question. Who wants to school me on CB 1.0 vs 2.0?

The Ultra Boost 1.0 uses a different knit pattern on the shoe so the look is a little different compared to the gradient style of the 2.0 knit.

The 1.0 knit was a mostly Primeknit upper that used mesh when you got to the back of the shoe. The 2.0 uses full Primeknit.

The 1.0 got some criticism early on due to the durability of the 1.0 outsole which used traditional rubber. They would wear easy and wouldn't last long for actual runner. On the 2.0 they use the new Continental outsole that they've switched to for all new Ultra Boosts. It's pretty much tire rubber that offers greater durability.

The look of the 1.0 is lot better IMO and a lot of other too but you be the judge...

View media item 2159741
View media item 2159742

People who have regularly worn or ran in any of the colored boost since release (like a month now at this point I think) How they holding out?

Im also curious about this one. since I just copped the ub uncaged red midsole..

:smokin

Last edited:
3 Q's

How long does boost usually take to yellow.

Has anyone with blacked out boosts self done experienced extensive cracking quickly, if so was it easy to just reapply or did it come out lumpy?

People who have regularly worn or ran in any of the colored boost since release (like a month now at this point I think) How they holding out?

just deciding if I even want to mess with boost before I pursue any of the pairs I want (mainly 3m and a few releases coming later this year/2017)

300 bucks for a shoe that won't look as good even with cleaning in 6 months isn't bueno, so hopefully its better

There's no set amount of time it takes to yellow, it's all based on wear & tear. If you only wear them on clean floors and never subject them to dirt, you could end up with a pair that never yellows but obviously that's not realistic for most people. But there's really no defined science to boost yellowing. The more you wear them, the greater the chance they're going to yellow. Also, the more often you clean the boost, the quicker it yellows. It's kind of similar to creasing issue on leather shoes. The more you wear, the more it happens. Is creasing ideal? No. Does it ruin the shoe? Depends on your point of view.

So far the paint on my triple black UBs is still holding up very well, but they're the unreleased triple blacks and use a slightly different paint than the uncaged LTDs so they might not be the best example.

Boost is a game changer, you're gonna be kicking yourself for not getting a pair sooner. If the resale price on 3Ms is an issue, go for a more affordable pair.

1Q,

Would you personally ever re-paint the yellowed boosts?

I've always had this tinge of sadness when i look at my HB uncaged, it's yellowish/brown. It has been through some good times with me. :frown:

Last edited:
1Q,

Would you personally ever re-paint the yellowed boosts?

I've always had this tinge of sadness when i look at my HB uncaged, it's yellowish/brown. It has been through some good times with me. :frown:

i repaint mine (angelus flat white mixed with GAC900) and it works great for me

Back
Top Bottom