ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The new Parley UB Legend Ink come down to $144 with code SSC17ADP. Parleys are usually excluded from promotions so I would act before Adidas catches it.

how are the laceless? I seen them on sale on the UK site and thought about getting them with the extra 20%

Last edited:
Well they were $128 shipped to me in the states. I jumped on the Titolo deal a couple weeks ago for about the same price but they charged an insane $36 to ship. Which i should have known better but it still put these under retail so I jumped. Wish i waited it out. Looks like a great deal!

Hey guys, help me out here :nerd:

I think I'm just being paranoid, but please help ease my mind.

I've had a pair of Mastermind XR1 NMDs for a while in 11.5 that were DS. I always felt they were a bit snug so never wore them.

I finally sold them and was able to get a pair of 12s from Stock X for pretty much an even trade.

I took a bunch of pictures and videos of my 11.5s to compare the 12s when they came in, since they're an older shoe that I've seen fakes of.

The following all checked out:
- All shoe details; location of threads, logos, where features start and end, width of ankle collar, width of pull tab and material, etc... checked out.
- Size label looked good. Each shoe had different security numbers, number matched on box with on the size label.
- PK felt right.
- Had an Undefeated label with correct size, code, retail, etc... (Ever seen this faked?)
- Shoe inserts said 10.5 - 11.5, my older PK size 12s say this as well, newer ones say 12 - 13.
- Box and box paper look right compared to my 11.5s.
- Shoes came with the extra laces and bag and also all the extra labels all matched. Also looks like the bag and plastic tie are the same.
- Laces seem to be 3M.
- Boost on sole have the one set of bumps that all my older 12 NMDs have.
- Boost feels right when pressing it.
- Boost nipples line up and are the same number as my other pairs of NMDs along both sides and the heel.
- Stock X checked them out.

Now what has me worried...

I have dozens of pairs of boost shoes, but all have been worn and all have crep applied to them.

I've noticed a few things that give me pause, all boost related:
- The boost feels like it has a tiny bit less texture than my other pairs. Basically like you can't feel the lines/ridges as well. More so on one shoe than the other.
- One or two nipples on one shoe on the heel seems like they're not 100% formed.
- Weird one, but when you rub your nail over the boost the boost makes a louder / higher pitched squeak then my other pairs. Might be that they have all been worn and had Crep applied. They all can make a squeak, but this seems louder.

Otherwise I'd be 120% sure they were legit.

Is it possible that the boost issues might just been manufacturing differences? Maybe slight wear, crep is accounting for the difference? Maybe even the first owner (although DS) had applied some different kind of protectant?

What do you guys think?

Would pictures help?

Yeah bro, I didn’t read all that. Can I get some cliff notes?

Sorry lol

Basically bought a pair of Mastermind NMDs from Stock X after I sold my smaller DS pair.

Everything checks out, except the boost just seems slightly off to me.

Pics:

IMG_20180622_150544922.jpg

IMG_20180622_150627650.jpg

mmj-light.jpg

Is it possible that the boost issues might just been manufacturing differences? Maybe slight wear, crep is accounting for the difference? Maybe even the first owner (although DS) had applied some different kind of protectant?

I admire your detective skillz. That's a very thorough investigation. Re: the comment quoted above - I'd say yes, it's very possible manufacturing differences - combined with protectant - could explain what you're seeing. Clearly, minor boost details can differ from model to model (I can see that simply by scanning my Adidas shelf)...seems a little weirder for those differences to pop up across the same model, but it's absolutely within the realm of possibility. Re: protectant, I've never used crep but I've applied the Jason Markk version to a few of my pairs, and the resulting finish does indeed change a little. You have to look closely, but there's a bit of a gloss (very minor). I can't replicate the squeak you mentioned...but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Or our fingernails are very different, lol

I'm no expert, but overall the pics look ok to me. You may want to ask some replica experts what they think. I've done that before on reddit, and it was helpful.

I admire your detective skillz. That's a very thorough investigation. Re: the comment quoted above - I'd say yes, it's very possible manufacturing differences - combined with protectant - could explain what you're seeing. Clearly, minor boost details can differ from model to model (I can see that simply by scanning my Adidas shelf)...seems a little weirder for those differences to pop up across the same model, but it's absolutely within the realm of possibility. Re: protectant, I've never used crep but I've applied the Jason Markk version to a few of my pairs, and the resulting finish does indeed change a little. You have to look closely, but there's a bit of a gloss (very minor). I can't replicate the squeak you mentioned...but maybe I'm doing it wrong. Or our fingernails are very different, lol

I'm no expert, but overall the pics look ok to me. You may want to ask some replica experts what they think. I've done that before on reddit, and it was helpful.

Thanks!

Facebook boost group saying 1000% legit as well.

For the squeak, just run your fingernail pointing down kind of the top 1/2 of your nail along the back heel part of the boost. It's harder on the older pairs to hear.

Maybe they used a protectant with that adds the glossy look. Crep might just dull them or keep them as is. Literally have 50 pairs between my wife and myself, but all have been sprayed. MMJs were sprayed too, but it's only been a day.

Sizing on prototypes? TTS?

Paying with PayPal sucks because their currency conversion is crap, but no other choice on Solebox.

Sizing on prototypes? TTS?

Paying with PayPal sucks because their currency conversion is crap, but no other choice on Solebox.

Went with my 1.0/2.0 size (which is TTS for me) and fits great, fits just like my RRTs. Definitely slightly tighter sock collar than the Packers tho.

Getting these beast for just €100

2018-06-23 02.13.34 1_1529754476538.jpg

They feel awkwardly hard on the fore foot. And squishy enough on the ankle.
That's making me Walking long distance with them feel painful specially on the fore foot.
Swapping the insole with ortholite insole fix this problem. They feel very comfortable to walk now.

Getting these beast for just €100

2018-06-23 02.13.34 1_1529754476538.jpg

They feel awkwardly hard on the fore foot. And squishy enough on the ankle.
That's making me Walking long distance with them feel painful specially on the fore foot.
Swapping the insole with ortholite insole fix this problem. They feel very comfortable to walk now.
They looked uncomfortable to me when I first saw them.
Glad I didn’t cave and cop . Have heard from
Friends that wangs don’t hold up well

Back
Top Bottom