ADIDAS BOOST Thread - PAGE 1 for INFO- *NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING*

How many 3.0s have you copped this year?

Votes: 17 22.1%
  • 1-2

Votes: 33 42.9%
  • 3+

Votes: 27 35.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You guys really have the wrong mindset if you’re worried about shoes going below retail after you buy them. Just tells me you didnt really like the shoe in the first place, and bought simply because you didnt want to miss out. If you really like them, you should have no regret paying retail, you NEVER know how something will sell.

How pissed would you guys be if it went the opposite way? You expected them to sit, but they sold out ASAP, and now youd have to drop $400 if you wanted them?

You guys really have the wrong mindset if you’re worried about shoes going below retail after you buy them. Just tells me you didnt really like the shoe in the first place, and bought simply because you didnt want to miss out. If you really like them, you should have no regret paying retail, you NEVER know how something will sell.

How pissed would you guys be if it went the opposite way? You expected them to sit, but they sold out ASAP, and now youd have to drop $400 if you wanted them?

Meh, can't say I'd ever describe myself as 'pissed' in either direction. They're friggin shoes. Not like my choice led to keeping my kids from getting lunch...

Absolutely disagree, not everyone here are loaded and have money out the ****, some of us budget a certain amount to put aside for buying kicks, 1 shoe for retail or 2 shoes for the same price? I'd be sad if I bought something for $200 and later on became discounted for $100-120. Doesn't mean you never liked them in the first place, quite he contrary tbh, it means you cared about em more than usual.

Also was planning on buying the BYWs in the white colorway but they're sold out, crazy when last week they sat even with a deep discount. Also saw a pair with icy soles, looked pretty dope tbh, they really need to come out with some creative colorways for the model, it has some great potential and looks like a Nike shoe with boost.

Absolutely disagree, not everyone here are loaded and have money out the ****, some of us budget a certain amount to put aside for buying kicks, 1 shoe for retail or 2 shoes for the same price? I'd be sad if I bought something for $200 and later on became discounted for $100-120. Doesn't mean you never liked them in the first place, quite he contrary tbh, it means you cared about em more than usual.
That's not the point he and I were trying to get across. It might not be fulfilling to make purchasing decisions based on which way you think the price is going to go. It can become obsessive. Sometimes it moves in your favor and other times it backfires. The sneaker market is volatile as we all know.

I take my family to a live show and it meets my expectations, we all have a great time. Then I find out that another group in the same row paid less for their tickets on StubHub because the scalpers misjudged the market. I'm not going to be bothered that I paid more.

On the other hand if I buy Bitcoin at 9,000 and see it tumble to 6,000, I'm going to be upset. I do not have any emotional attachment to the Bitcoin it was strictly a currency or investment vehicle.

Shoes can resemble either of these scenarios. Whatever floats your boat.

If you paid retail for a product to insure you don't miss out doesn't that mean, at least at some point...perhaps even the first place, that you DID like the shoe?

I think the topic is being approached with different mindsets and one mindset can't truly describe the other...and possibly vice versa.

I mean, aren't there really expensive items that you desire to have? If you choose to buy it at retail price and later see it gets a 40 percent discount, aren't you at least somewhat bummed that you paid full price while still being happy with the product and thankful you got it? I think that's totally possible. I don't think it is, I know it is.

That's not the point he and I were trying to get across. It might not be fulfilling to make purchasing decisions based on which way you think the price is going to go. It can become obsessive. Sometimes it moves in your favor and other times it backfires. The sneaker market is volatile as we all know.

I take my family to a live show and it meets my expectations, we all have a great time. Then I find out that another group in the same row paid less for their tickets on StubHub because the scalpers misjudged the market. I'm not going to be bothered that I paid more.
I would be. I'd be upset that i didn't do as much research as that group to get the best price I could. Not super pissed. Not demanding a refund of my over payment. And my feelings on the show don't sway one way or the other other. But I'm definitely uttering a "Damn" when I find out I paid more.

Last edited:
GoT UBs

adidas-Ultra-Boost-Game-of-Thrones-House-Lannister.jpg

Back
Top Bottom