Adidas NMD thread

or maybe there was no real hype only extremely low production numbers and false hype [emoji]129300[/emoji]
​Just didn't like them...

Plain Jane black and white shoes with a beige bottom...

I think the other two R1s look a lot better IMO.

I started selling off my normal non-limited or collab Adidas recently as well. The others just don't feel special...

Last edited:
How would you guys recommend cleaning the boost on winter wools?  Not trying to ruin the wool and my boost is a little dirty 

I think the two R1s look a lot better IMO.

I started selling off my normal non-limited or collab Adidas recently as well. The others just don't feel special...
Throwing a gum sole and removing the front seam tape won't increase sales, it's pretty lazy.

They could have done something with the heel support, laces, etc to make it more special.

Really, these are consolation for those who missed out on the original PK Monochrome Pack.

Throwing a gum sole and removing the front seam tape won't increase sales, it's pretty lazy.

They could have done something with the heel support, laces, etc to make it more special.

Really, these are consolation for those who missed out on the original PK Monochrome Pack.
Is a gum bottom even that desirable? I think it's looks dated IMO. More colored boosts would be more interesting IMO.

It's funny...

A lot of people whined about the Masterminds being a lazy design.

The more I have them, the more I like them.

When the Green Bape's came out, I thought they really did a good job on them, but now compared to the Masterminds, I think they're a bit meh...

I think the other two R1s look a lot better IMO.

I felt the same way on this release. I was hoping for the CS since I don't own a pair

Hype is a funny thing........,
Seems like Adidas knows this.

Listen to the numbers on the BRED and Zebra V2s.

BREDs around Beluga numbers and Zebras a fraction of that.

The Oreos were a joke, I could have bought a TON of pairs. Ended up with 5 off of ADC, just didn't want to sit with tons of them. Pair for my wife, 2 for me, one for a buddy and one to resale.

I felt the same way on this release. I was hoping for the CS since I don't own a pair
Yeah I was thinking about the silver UB on Sunday...

I'm starting to lose my interest though. I was just buying shoes because we're being told they're limited/cool/hype whatever...

Would I wear silver shoes ever normally? No... so why was I wanting to buy them?

I'm even starting to debate Yeezy purchases. I do like the BREDs, but I have the black and red V2s already... and the Zebras, hmmm, reminds me of douchey windpants from the 90s. Maybe for resale if they're indeed that rare.

Just when I get good at getting Ws, I start losing interest haha... naturally...

I'm starting to lose my interest though. I was just buying shoes because we're being told they're limited/cool/hype whatever...

Would I wear silver shoes ever normally? No... so why was I wanting to buy them?

I'm even starting to debate Yeezy purchases. I do like the BREDs, but I have the black and red V2s already... and the Zebras, hmmm, reminds me of douchey windpants from the 90s. Maybe for resale if they're indeed that rare.

Just when I get good at getting Ws, I start losing interest haha... naturally...

You're becoming woke.

Seems like Adidas knows this.

Listen to the numbers on the BRED and Zebra V2s.

BREDs around Beluga numbers and Zebras a fraction of that.

The Oreos were a joke, I could have bought a TON of pairs. Ended up with 5 off of ADC, just didn't want to sit with tons of them. Pair for my wife, 2 for me, one for a buddy and one to resale.

It's incredibly interesting, and fun to watch the hype game from the outside. I would love to be a fly on the wall at corporate to listen to them plan these hyped up mind games.

Buy the Yeezys for resale, stick on StockX or GOAT and all your shoes are free. Not a difficult concept. 

You're becoming woke.
Yeah I think so...

I was really looking forward to the Adidas x Bape x Neighborhood release today.

The hype was 0, people thought they were ugly. I liked they were actually different, primeknit, boost and superstar. I don't need many more UB or NMDs lol

If this collab was an NMD, the hype would be insane.
It's incredibly interesting, and fun to watch the hype game from the outside. I would love to be a fly on the wall at corporate to listen to them plan these hyped up mind games.
Yeah the Oreos were a big step back in hype.

I knew the 20k pairs would make them pretty undesirable. When I got my resale pair, I tossed them up on eBay at a low $500. They sold instantly. Everyone was trying to get $650-700+.

Needless to say, a week or so later it would be hard to get $400 for them...

I think Adidas wants Yeezys to be back in the $900+ range resale. Probably see the BREDs around $700 and Zebras closer to $1k.

If the BREDs and Zebras are around $500-600, there might be a hype problem.

Last edited:

Yeah I think so...

I was really looking forward to the Adidas x Bape x Neighborhood release today.

The hype was 0, people thought they were ugly. I liked they were actually different, primeknit, boost and superstar. I don't need many more UB or NMDs lol

If this collab was an NMD, the hype would be insane.

Yeah the Oreos were a big step back in hype.

I knew the 20k pairs would make them pretty undesirable. When I got my resale pair, I tossed them up on eBay at a low $500. They sold instantly. Everyone was trying to get $650-700+.

Needless to say, a week or so later it would be hard to get $400 for them...

I think Adidas wants Yeezys to be back in the $900+ range resale. Probably see the BREDs around $700 and Zebras closer to $1k.

If the BREDs and Zebras are around $500-600, there might be a hype problem.
i think the zebra's are so ugly, like to the point where i think they're one of the ugliest shoes i've ever seen.

i think the zebra's are so ugly, like to the point where i think they're one of the ugliest shoes i've ever seen.
​Yeah I don't think I could pull those off in a million years...

It's like Bape... interesting stuff, but besides some of the plainer t-shirts, the Bape x Neighborhood Hoodie was the first hoodie from them I think I could pull off without looking like a complete idiot hah

Some of my friends who think Yeezys in general are terrible looking actually like the BREDs. Might get some pairs for them on this release, just so they can have some.

​Yeah I don't think I could pull those off in a million years...

It's like Bape... interesting stuff, but besides some of the plainer t-shirts, the Bape x Neighborhood Hoodie was the first hoodie from them I think I could pull off without looking like a complete idiot hah

Some of my friends who think Yeezys in general are terrible looking actually like the BREDs. Might get some pairs for them on this release, just so they can have some.
Lots of people interested in the BREDs since there isn't much going on 

Back
Top Bottom