Adidas NMD thread

Alot of the trades I've been offered for vapours were like Jpn blacks and £100 extra which is pretty unreasonable. I was also offered to trade jpn blacks +£10 for jpn greys  but they weren't my size so I didnt. 

As of today, average resale prices of each of the Japan Pack:

Average resell price of Japan Blacks: $277

Average resell price of Japan Greys: $329

Average resell price of Vapour Greys: $375

This is per Stockx.  

From what I can see, both of the Greys are trending up and the Japan Blacks are trending down.  I think the Japan Blacks have been restocked more than the other two, and the Greys are a bit more different than the other NMDs released to date (increasing their value). 

It should be mentioned that size of shoe matters, and you can see what your size recently sold for in the Stockx section for "recent sales".
the average deadstock price for japan blacks is $373 on stockx https://stockx.com/adidas-nmd-r1-japan-boost-black or am I wrong ? 

the average deadstock price for japan blacks is $373 on stockx https://stockx.com/adidas-nmd-r1-japan-boost-black or am I wrong ? 
Wow, they just updated them.  These prices are consistently changing.

Now they are at: Vapour Greys 372, Japan Blacks 373, Japan Greys 352.

That doesn't sound accurate to me as the Vapour Greys have been far and away more expensive on resell than the Japan Blacks.  The recent sales for each might be a better indicator.

You can also go on Flight Club to check pricing.  I stand by my earlier assessment that price-wise Vapour Greys > Japan Greys > Japan Blacks. 

As of today, average resale prices of each of the Japan Pack:

Average resell price of Japan Blacks: $277

Average resell price of Japan Greys: $329

Average resell price of Vapour Greys: $375

This is per Stockx.  

From what I can see, both of the Greys are trending up and the Japan Blacks are trending down.  I think the Japan Blacks have been restocked more than the other two, and the Greys are a bit more different than the other NMDs released to date (increasing their value). 

It should be mentioned that size of shoe matters, and you can see what your size recently sold for in the Stockx section for "recent sales".
FYI, the average prices on Stockx are generally BS. You get too many people who do fake sales to boost the price up. Stockx is great to sell but I usually don't rely on the averages they have. 

I just sold my blacks for $270 and bought the greys for $240 on Stockx 

FYI, the average prices on Stockx are generally BS. You get too many people who do fake sales to boost the price up. Stockx is great to sell but I usually don't rely on the averages they have. 

I just sold my blacks for $270 and bought the greys for $240 on Stockx 
all these reseller sites suffer the same problem the resellers just price gouge.  Goat and stockx have some pairs of sneakers for sale that you can find cheaper at flightclub , When flightclub is the cheaper alternative you know resellers are just jacking up the price.  

Wow, they just updated them.  These prices are consistently changing.

Now they are at: Vapour Greys 372, Japan Blacks 373, Japan Greys 352.

That doesn't sound accurate to me as the Vapour Greys have been far and away more expensive on resell than the Japan Blacks.  The recent sales for each might be a better indicator.

You can also go on Flight Club to check pricing.  I stand by my earlier assessment that price-wise Vapour Greys > Japan Greys > Japan Blacks. 

No I think it's vapors > blacks > greys from what I've seen

all these reseller sites suffer the same problem the resellers just price gouge.  Goat and stockx have some pairs of sneakers for sale that you can find cheaper at flightclub , When flightclub is the cheaper alternative you know resellers are just jacking up the price.  
They can gouge all they want, and sometimes they get suckers to pay, but usually someone that actually wants to sell will offer for a reasonable price. Another reason the averages on Stockx aren't great is that it includes prices right after the shoe dropped. So like the NMDs that released in Europe first and not US, people in the US paid a premium to get them early. Those prices aren't reflective of where the shoe actually ended up. 

I just think it's a mistake to use the average price on Stockx as any sort of indicator at all of what the shoe should/can sell for. 

Using stockx can be used as a "quickish" indicator but usually just do some research in Ebay, etc and you'll be able to find an averagish price after some time

Using stockx can be used as a "quickish" indicator but usually just do some research in Ebay, etc and you'll be able to find an averagish price after some time
Yeah, nobody on eBay is paying anywhere close to those stockx prices.  More like upper $200s to low $300s for vapour greys, and people taking best offers below that.  Maybe you have to pay more in Europe, but in the US those prices listed above are a joke.

Last edited:

Agree strongly with this.  Not by any means suggesting Stockx is the be all end all.  It's a general idea of what you could get for your shoes.  I've found Ebay to be a better indicator, so long as you take the time to follow bids since prices can be low or high depending on the riskiness of the seller (helloooooo "no box included" and "what you see is what you get").  

I too have found NMDs easier to purchase on Flight Club than Stockx, so there is some validity to what was said about Stockx's high valuations.

Regarding the Japan Blacks vs Japan Greys, I'm sure there are instances where each are going for more and less than each other.  Definitely when they dropped it was Vapour Greys > Japan Blacks > Japan Greys, but I've noticed the Greys becoming more and more coveted as time has gone on.

Agree strongly with this.  Not by any means suggesting Stockx is the be all end all.  It's a general idea of what you could get for your shoes.  I've found Ebay to be a better indicator, so long as you take the time to follow bids since prices can be low or high depending on the riskiness of the seller (helloooooo "no box included" and "what you see is what you get").  

I too have found NMDs easier to purchase on Flight Club than Stockx, so there is some validity to what was said about Stockx's high valuations.

Regarding the Japan Blacks vs Japan Greys, I'm sure there are instances where each are going for more and less than each other.  Definitely when they dropped it was Vapour Greys > Japan Blacks > Japan Greys, but I've noticed the Greys becoming more and more coveted as time has gone on.
the greys are the best pair IMO, the striped collar is a nice touch (which, the black Japan's were supposed to have that and black boost- would've been perfect that way)

Yeah, nobody on eBay is paying anywhere close to those stockx prices.  More like upper $200s to low $300s for vapour greys, and people taking best offers below that.  Maybe you have to pay more in Europe, but in the US those prices listed above are a joke.
Depends on the sizes.  For size 14s and up like me, as well as the smaller sizes, the stock is lower so prices on the resale market can get rather high.

Well, as the autumn/winter season kicks in. I think the prices of the pairs would change to favour the Japan blacks since darker colours are more sought in that season.

What r we The Wolves Of Stockx Street?? 
laugh.gif

if im 10.5 in nmd cs and 11 in ub 1.0 - can i do sz 10 in japan greys? im thinking of taking a gamble on size but need NT help...

if im 10.5 in nmd cs and 11 in ub 1.0 - can i do sz 10 in japan greys? im thinking of taking a gamble on size but need NT help...
That sounds about right, I size 8 on CS1s and 7.5 on R1 PK. Not sure about wide feet though.

the greys are the best pair IMO, the striped collar is a nice touch (which, the black Japan's were supposed to have that and black boost- would've been perfect that way)
A lot of people seem to dig the greys for sure. Personally I love my japan blacks and if they had the white on the collar, black boost, or both...I would have sold them already. But I know I'm most likely in the minority.

Last edited:

A lot of people seem to dig the greys for sure. Personally I love my japan blacks and if they had the white on the collar, black boost, or both...I would have sold them already. But I know I'm most likely in the minority.
For me, the Japan blacks were too basic. I was pumped to get them but then when I had them in hand I was unimpressed. I think it's because they were the same color as my core black UB's. Glad I was able to sell and cop the grey's, ended up being pretty much an even trade. The grey's are just more unique IMO

For me, the Japan blacks were too basic. I was pumped to get them but then when I had them in hand I was unimpressed. I think it's because they were the same color as my core black UB's. Glad I was able to sell and cop the grey's, ended up being pretty much an even trade. The grey's are just more unique IMO
I thought the same thing, and the black pair was too similar to other pairs- the OG's were much better and even the foot locker exclusive pair was better in hand. But, they are a nice/basic pair either way

Back
Top Bottom