Adidas NMD thread

I take that as a yes.
If you buy an ounce of gold at a yard sale for $400, take it to a jewelry store where they offer you $1,300 (close to the current rate or market price)- are you going to say "no thanks, you can just give me $402 since I only paid $400 and you can cover my gas to get here", or are you going to try and get the market price?  It's not about supporting resellers, there is a market that dictates prices- and we're all a part of it.

that's true and i agree. it's a controversial topic and arguments from both sides can be made.

let's talk about the yeezy 350 TDs and its respective replica scene: adidas limits the availability of the TDs in order to create hype. resellers take advantage of this and jack up the resell price to $1600+. there's so much demand and so little supply that the average consumer cannot pay the asking price of $1600+. so what does he/she do? they turn to the fractionally cheaper alternative: replicas. at this point in time and after so many updates, the yeezy 350 replicas are almost 1:1 and an average sneakerhead would not be able to tell the difference out in public.

why did this happen? this questions brings us back to the limited supply. adidas controlled that supply and, thus, indirectly led to the rise of the replica TDs becoming almost 1:1. you guys are saying adidas is losing millions of dollars to the fake manufacturers. but adidas brought it upon itself. why not just make enough so that "everyone could have yeezys" as famously proclaimed by Ye-man himself? all that money spent on fakes could have been spent towards real authentic pairs IF adidas mass-produced them. however, from a business perspective, i understand that hype creates business. i understand why adidas made the availability of TDs so limited.

anyways, that's my thought. and **** sellers who sell fakes as authentic. end of story.
Stealing is stealing no matter how you rationalize it.

Stealing is stealing no matter how you rationalize it.
my words completely flew over your head. smh 
mean.gif

my words completely flew over your head. smh 
mean.gif

Nope, your logic just doesn't hold up.  Nobody needs a pair of Yeezys.  If somebody can't afford medicine so they buy it online from China or India, I totally get it.  You do what you have to do.  But these are just sneakers, and there are plenty of alternatives to buying fake shoes.

I'm not comparing gold with Yeezys. I get your analogy but I don't read about Yeezys in the WSJ or on Wall St. My issue isn't even with the market, as absurd as it is. It's how difficult it is for regular folk to buy them. Selling out because it's a hyped shoe? I get that. But knowing those pairs are already sold because some fools with money can damn near extort these shops and employees to sell their entire run to one person to resell at the market value they basically set? **** that.

have those not dropped yet? The reflective with the red block in the back? got a couple pairs on journeys because they looked nice, figure I bring the other one in if its worth anything but I cant see it on the site to gauge value. If they havent officially dropped that makes sense. Or no one wants them
I bought one from Journey's as well also, did your pairs ship yet?

Nope, your logic just doesn't hold up.  Nobody needs a pair of Yeezys.  If somebody can't afford medicine so they buy it online from China or India, I totally get it.  You do what you have to do.  But these are just sneakers, and there are plenty of alternatives to buying fake shoes.
nope you still don't understand the point of my post. 

nope you still don't understand the point of my post. 
Nope, let me sum it up for you.  Basically it's Adidas' own fault that their intellectual property is stolen because they intentionally limited the production numbers of their shoes.  Still disagree that counterfeiting is justified under those conditions.

Last edited:
I'm not comparing gold with Yeezys. I get your analogy but I don't read about Yeezys in the WSJ or on Wall St. My issue isn't even with the market, as absurd as it is. It's how difficult it is for regular folk to buy them. Selling out because it's a hyped shoe? I get that. But knowing those pairs are already sold because some fools with money can damn near extort these shops and employees to sell their entire run to one person to resell at the market value they basically set? **** that.
I'm with you on that, it is absurd and an all around frustrating atmosphere (just look at the Pharell NMD fiasco yesterday- hundreds of people with $250 tied up for a pair they didn't even have). But we don't have any control over what Adidas releases or allocates. All we can do is adapt and network for releases like those. They may not be in the WSJ, but they're a commodity. If you're after a pair of the upcoming release I hope you get through for what you want

Fakes exist everywhere and it sucks. One of the reasons I sold off the majority of my Magic collection last year. The fakes are getting scary good. It sucks. I'm actually going to stop supporting fast fashion too. 

I can understand everyones thoughts on this subject.

I personally just dont let it get to me. If someone roks fakes ok...

The fast fashion is another thing i dont care about either.

But it's all personal preference

Nope, let me sum it up for you.  Basically it's Adidas' own fault that their intellectual property is stolen because they intentionally limited the production numbers of their shoes.  Still disagree that counterfeiting is justified under those conditions.
Good job. See you got it. But I never said that counterfeiting is justified. I was explaining WHY it happened. That was the whole point. I'm not supporting it in any way. The replica scene is just an unfortunate "side-effect" of creating hype by creating limited supply. Anyways, my whole point that I'm trying to get to is that the blame cannot be 100% placed on rep-buyers and fake manufacturers when Adidas is also a significant part of the problem. I hope we can agree on that.

Good job. See you got it. But I never said that counterfeiting is justified. I was explaining WHY it happened. That was the whole point. I'm not supporting it in any way. The replica scene is just an unfortunate "side-effect" of creating hype by creating limited supply. Anyways, my whole point that I'm trying to get to is that the blame cannot be 100% placed on rep-buyers and fake manufacturers when Adidas is also a significant part of the problem. I hope we can agree on that.
Reps don't exist if there is no market to support it though. 

Reps don't exist if there is no market to support it though. 
There will always be fake manufacturers like how there will always be resellers. People will always find a way to make money.

Edit: And the market will always be there to support fakes because of Adidas creating the hype with its limited run. Adidas can EASILY kill the rep market for yeezys by mass-producing them. But that will never happen and so the market will always be there.

Last edited:

There will always be fake manufacturers like how there will always be resellers. People will always find a way to make money.

Edit: And the market will always be there to support fakes because of Adidas creating the hype with its limited run. Adidas can EASILY kill the rep market for yeezys by mass-producing them. But that will never happen and so the market will always be there.
Hey, give adidas a break, remember they need NASA to make boost

Anyways, it seems like this rep-topic is a sensitive topic in here, which I did not realize
laugh.gif
. I didn't mean to spark anger and controversy, and I hope you guys understand that my opinion is as valid as yours. And by the end of the day, opinions are opinions and all of us here share the same love for sneakers.

And all those people making fakes should put that energy into being creative.
Oh wouldn't that be lovely? That could make the world a better place! But, alas, the easier path is tend to be taken more than the harder one.

That's false even if they saturated the market their would still be fakes.  No matter what there will always be fakes because there will always be a market for them.  Some people are cheap and feel like close enough is good enough.  Others just don't know any better

That's false even if they saturated the market their would still be fakes.  No matter what there will always be fakes because there will always be a market for them.  Some people are cheap and feel like close enough is good enough.  Others just don't know any better
Lemme expand: The reps would not have become 1:1 if authentics were widely available for retail. Do you still disagree with that?

brand loyalty is dumb as hell, especially when it's a large brand.

These large companies don't give two ***** about you. So go on and cop fakes if you want and save your bread. The only issue with fakes is people trying to pass them off as authentics and selling them at the same price point.

Take sports jerseys for example. You can get a fake that's 0.95:1 for 1/10 of the price. Is an extra $90 really worth the feeling of being high-and-mighty for buying the real thing?

Back
Top Bottom