Adidas NMD thread

Too much space wasted on talking about fakes. Anybody have the new NMD's in hand yet? The new black with red blocks and red with black are both really nice- better mesh than the earlier releases

Wow, this thread got PASSIONATE.  Good on you guys to have convos like this to break up the boredom between drops/restocks. 
happy.gif

Seems all of us hate fakes.  Seems all of us hate the people who sell fakes as being authentic.  The only real debate is whether people should be condemned for wearing them.

For me?  I could care less what any of you do.  I get the thinking behind the "stealing from the artist" argument, and the thinking behind the idea that buying these fakes enables counterfeiters, but it makes sense to step out of the now and look at the history of the world.  Forgeries have existed as long as humans have.  There are 26 actual verified copies of the U.S. Declaration of Independence currently in existence (of the hundreds the forefathers themselves created), with thousands of forgeries of those copies.  Many of these were done in the same 5 year period the originals were created, so they are incredibly tough to verify.  Why do all of these copies exist?  Some obviously were made for profit, but many were created to actually pass the document around so it wasn't in the hands of a select few elite rich guys.  

I'm not going to be the guy who yells at a young kid for wearing a pair of fake Jordans when his parents can barely afford to feed him.  Me telling any of you that you are bad people isn't going to change a thing about the way the world works.  I too am an artist that sells his work, and while I recognize counterfeiting is a horrible thing, I understand it's a natural function of society that follows success.  

Too much space wasted on talking about fakes. Anybody have the new NMD's in hand yet? The new black with red blocks and red with black are both really nice- better mesh than the earlier releases
I too am pretty impressed with the in hand images of the new NMD meshs.  Standing by my earlier decision to sit this Aug 18 drop out, but damn you all have made it tempting.

Copped a pair of the OG Whites in size 14 for a very good price.  That will be my August purchase 
pimp.gif

I too am pretty impressed with the in hand images of the new NMD meshs.  Standing by my earlier decision to sit this Aug 18 drop out, but damn you all have made it tempting.

Copped a pair of the OG Whites in size 14 for a very good price.  That will be my August purchase 
pimp.gif

We have them in hand, thats why I'm saying the mesh is even better than before. Nothing in your size though. Congrats on the OG whites, very nice pair
nthat.gif

Anyways, it seems like this rep-topic is a sensitive topic in here, which I did not realize
laugh.gif
. I didn't mean to spark anger and controversy, and I hope you guys understand that my opinion is as valid as yours. And by the end of the day, opinions are opinions and all of us here share the same love for sneakers.

Oh wouldn't that be lovely? That could make the world a better place! But, alas, the easier path is tend to be taken more than the harder one.
Greed, for lack of a better term, is good.

Wow, this thread got PASSIONATE.  Good on you guys to have convos like this to break up the boredom between drops/restocks. 
happy.gif

Seems all of us hate fakes.  Seems all of us hate the people who sell fakes as being authentic.  The only real debate is whether people should be condemned for wearing them.

For me?  I could care less what any of you do.  I get the thinking behind the "stealing from the artist" argument, and the thinking behind the idea that buying these fakes enables counterfeiters, but it makes sense to step out of the now and look at the history of the world.  Forgeries have existed as long as humans have.  There are 26 actual verified copies of the U.S. Declaration of Independence currently in existence (of the hundreds the forefathers themselves created), with thousands of forgeries of those copies.  Many of these were done in the same 5 year period the originals were created, so they are incredibly tough to verify.  Why do all of these copies exist?  Some obviously were made for profit, but many were created to actually pass the document around so it wasn't in the hands of a select few elite rich guys.  

I'm not going to be the guy who yells at a young kid for wearing a pair of fake Jordans when his parents can barely afford to feed him.  Me telling any of you that you are bad people isn't going to change a thing about the way the world works.  I too am an artist that sells his work, and while I recognize counterfeiting is a horrible thing, I understand it's a natural function of society that follows success.  
That's true when it comes to people that can't afford them, I was in Payless until I was a teenager (and I sure did want a pair of those 11's in 1995, haha- wouldn't have wanted fakes though). It doesn't bother me unless they're trying to pass off as legit as well, but that still doesn't make it fair to the company's they're replicating. People working in those factories are putting food on the table at the end of the day, and those countries they're made in can be very hard to do so. Nevertheless, topic is worn out so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

We have them in hand, thats why I'm saying the mesh is even better than before. Nothing in your size though. Congrats on the OG whites, very nice pair
nthat.gif
Thanks bro.  They are arriving this Friday and I can't wait.  Even better I am going on vacation for a week right after I get them...where I WON'T be dunking them in the pool. 
smokin.gif

just had someone spill a drink on my brand new grey R1s...what's the best way to clean these? It was a vinegar based drink so it just smells horrible . Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Guys I am so conflicted and I need your help :frown:

So I really want to get the All red NMD release in september because that all red October color way is just to dope but I have a feeling that it will be near impossible to get a pair. But on the 18th of August there is about 5-8 NMD being released and the color ways aren't to bad.

So do you guys suggest going after the August 18th release? or The september 17th release?

just had someone spill a drink on my brand new grey R1s...what's the best way to clean these? It was a vinegar based drink so it just smells horrible . Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
A soft brush with some gentle dish soap and water would be the first step.  If that doesn't work, they can be put in a pillowcase and run through the washing machine, but that's a last resort IMO.

Last edited:
Guys I am so conflicted and I need your help :frown:
So I really want to get the All red NMD release in september because that all red October color way is just to dope but I have a feeling that it will be near impossible to get a pair. But on the 18th of August there is about 5-8 NMD being released and the color ways aren't to bad.

So do you guys suggest going after the August 18th release? or The september 17th release?

yes.

the primeknit nmds are half down (some say full)- most say mesh are tts (at most half down)

Please do not recommend going down anything on mesh pairs. They are TTS at best if not small. I unloaded all my og mesh from first Nmd day due to them running small.

Just went to Roosevelt field mall in NY to ask about raffles for the XR1s. The manager said he didn't think they are going to get them at all. He said the last release was way too crazy and the mall security is literally banning them from allowing to release there. He did tell me if he couldn't win the battle with the mall then all of his stores stock would be going to Fulton street in Brooklyn. He said Fulton street will have an insane amount of pairs, like more than enough for everyone to eat

Please do not recommend going down anything on mesh pairs. They are TTS at best if not small. I unloaded all my og mesh from first Nmd day due to them running small.
I didn't recommend going down, I said "most say tts" and some people do go half down (from other brands like Nike/Jordan). Everybody has different feet and prefer different fits, the one mesh pair I have is actually down half a size from my normal shoes and they're snug but I like it. My girls are her tts, and she goes a half up on ultra boosts. If anything, people get into trouble when they try to put everybody on the same sizing as them instead of giving consensus opinions and letting them make their own decisions

haha pipe it pal. I go half down in mesh and full in PK from my normal TTS UB size. Everyone's foot is different.

I could care less about the fake discussion one of the more interesting things to me is the idea of collecting sneakers over wearing them, the idea that we're on niketalk because we're collectors.

I'm here to wear, its nice when sneakers have history but I'm not trying to make a museum here.

The one thing I don't have in common with most here but besides classic models like the dunk, I have very few shoes in multiple colorways.

It's always interesting to see pics with like 30 colors of the same shoe

Last edited:
haha pipe it pal. I go half down in mesh and full in PK from my normal TTS UB size. Everyone's foot is different.
Not trying to get into a whole sizing argument here, but its widely known that sizing for UB should generally go half up from your TTS which is determined by Foot measurement.

What you said makes sense, but "TTS UB" is a confusing term because you're using UB as a guideline/scale for TTS, which is incorrect especially since like I said above, the consensus for UB sizing is to go half up. TTS is your foot measurement, either using a scale or determined by a foot doctor.

Last edited:
Just went to Roosevelt field mall in NY to ask about raffles for the XR1s. The manager said he didn't think they are going to get them at all. He said the last release was way too crazy and the mall security is literally banning them from allowing to release there. He did tell me if he couldn't win the battle with the mall then all of his stores stock would be going to Fulton street in Brooklyn. He said Fulton street will have an insane amount of pairs, like more than enough for everyone to eat

Yo that's crazy, although I'm not surprised. The last release specifically (OG whites) was nuts. Im talking ny soho levels of crazy. Roosevelt field is definitely not used to this kind of pandemonium.

I could care less about the fake discussion one of the more interesting things to me is the idea of collecting sneakers over wearing them, the idea that we're on niketalk because we're collectors.

I'm here to wear, its nice when sneakers have history but I'm not trying to make a museum here.

The one thing I don't have in common with most here but besides classic models like the dunk, I have very few shoes in multiple colorways.

It's always interesting to see pics with like 30 colors of the same shoe
Repped, I used to have 40-50 pairs (back in '05-'11) but you only have so many opportunities to wear them. Dunks were always a favorite of mine, some of the early sb's were so comfortable. But even with those, nmds/UB's- I can only justify one pair to beat and maybe 1-2 for better occasions. I wear dress shoes a lot too (lots of Clarks & some Cole Haan) so it doesn't make sense for me to have a lot of pairs stashed. As much as I'd like to have 10 pairs of ultra boosts, the practical side of me keeps me from doing so. Saw a guy in one of our groups trying to buy the pitch blacks and talking about how desperate he was to add them to his collection..... I just dont get it.

Back
Top Bottom