Adidas NMD thread

For me, I can chill and see the value in both NMDs and Yeezys in the larger context of what they are looking to do in the marketplace. If the shoe isn't for you anymore because your kid sister has a pair I understand the gut reaction, but when you pop back in the thread bragging about the two pairs of Human Races you copped a month later get ready for a good amount of eye rolls.
/End rant. :smile:

Thoughtful commentary. Looking at the forward calendar: Kith/NakedDK CS2, White Mtn R2, SNS Coogi NMD (hate that Gucci tag. Nothing to do with that label), next HU nmd, triple blk/red Sith XR1, etc. Still should be an eventful year of releases.

Edit: those black tricolors look fine at quick glance. Don't have mine in front of me.

Last edited:
Thoughtful commentary. Looking at the forward calendar: Kith/NakedDK CS2, White Mtn R2, SNS Coogi NMD (hate that Gucci tag. Nothing to do with that label), next HU nmd, triple blk/red Sith XR1, etc. Still should be an eventful year of releases.

Edit: those black tricolors look fine at quick glance. Don't have mine in front of me.
Thanks man. I hate that Gucci tag too because it was SO obviously Yeezy Mafia doing a heat check into whether they could influence the nicknames of the shoes they leak.  

Yeezy Mafia coming up with corny nicknames that people start using is what hell looks like. 

Thanks man. I hate that Gucci tag too because it was SO obviously Yeezy Mafia doing a heat check into whether they could influence the nicknames of the shoes they leak.  
Yeezy Mafia coming up with corny nicknames that people start using is what hell looks like. 

On the subject of yzy mob, another thing to think about. Their public profile has really risen past year, even getting in twit exchanges among Adidas Corp people, resellers, early sellers, whoever. See especially Wex pop up often.

Notice the mob trying to monetize their following with merch, expanded cart offerings, whatever, etc. Don't think their bred cart offering hit. Wex hit out at chickensoup, who else is next? Think Adidas hears about it if you mess with their releases.

Might be social media buddies, but...

View media item 2333818

On the subject of yzy mob, another thing to think about. Their public profile has really risen past year, even getting in twit exchanges among Adidas Corp people, resellers, early sellers, whoever. See especially Wex pop up often.

Notice the mob trying to monetize their following with merch, expanded cart offerings, whatever, etc. Don't think their bred cart offering hit. Wex hit out at chickensoup, who else is next? Think Adidas hears about it if you mess with their releases.

Might be social media buddies, but...
I think time will reveal the current actions of Yeezy Mafia as a BIG screw up on their part. They've already been warned with legal action by corporate once, and now they are publicly monetizing carts, revealing insider info again, and making shirts with programming codes on them.  They are loudly and openly making a complete mockery of Adidas.  Sure they suck up to Wex on twitter, but their friendliness does a poor job of masking their actions.

For Adidas, it's like the Godfather 2. They have this annoying relative that they recognize they will have to take care of eventually. Right now on the surface Wex and Adidas are sitting by as this happens, but I think it's a targeted kind of apathy.  Perhaps the quiet while they let Yeezy Mafia dig the hole they are already in deeper and deeper as the Adidas legal team quietly builds their case. 

It's a shame, because I think we all would really get behind a public rebel calling out Adidas' splash screen and insider practices (I guess we did with Sole Martyr)...it's just a shame that Yeezy Mafia acts like a ****. 

It's a shame, because I think we all would really get behind a public rebel calling out Adidas' splash screen and insider practices (I guess we did with Sole Martyr)...it's just a shame that Yeezy Mafia acts like a ****. 

Right: do you want to be Carlo Gambino or John Gotti?
I do enjoy reading their info, just a part of a lineup of various news sites.

Fyi: someone also asked if sole was black and target release date. Always appreciate the pics headsup.

Back
Top Bottom