Adidas NMD thread

Last edited:
so, lemme get this straight. all the R2 are primeknit just that some have sock collar and the rest come without. and the price difference is that collar type? sheesh
Yea I'm kinda confused on this too. Wanna say the ones without the collar aren't PK but who knows

Yea I'm kinda confused on this too. Wanna say the ones without the collar aren't PK but who knows
Hi guys, I'm new to NT and the sneaker game, but just want to share my own experience of the WM R2 navy.

Adidas does list the upper as PK so there's no question about that. From wearing it, I've found a lose fit just below the ankle.

It's distinctly different from R1s with the sock collar - it feels like there's nothing holding the shoe at that position - even though the rest of the shoe fits well and it won't slip off.

In terms of the PK material of the WM R2, it feels stiffer as compared to the NMD OG and Tricos, somehow those PKs feel far more stretchable.

Another thing is that the WM R2 is stitched / joined at various points with thicker material over parts of the surface, perhaps that adds support and stiffness?

Finally the R2 boost feels thicker and walking on it feels better than R1. No issues regarding the big brick on the inside for me as I have a slim foot.

Oh the R2 is TTS for me.

Last edited:

Hi guys, I'm new to NT and the sneaker game, but just want to share my own experience of the WM R2 navy.

Adidas does list the upper as PK so there's no question about that. From wearing it, I've found a lose fit just below the ankle.

It's distinctly different from R1s with the sock collar - it feels like there's nothing holding the shoe at that position - even though the rest of the shoe fits well and it won't slip off.

In terms of the PK material of the WM R2, it feels stiffer as compared to the NMD OG and Tricos, somehow those PKs feel far more stretchable.

Another thing is that the WM R2 is stitched / joined at various points with thicker material over parts of the surface, perhaps that adds support and stiffness?

Finally the R2 boost feels thicker and walking on it feels better than R1. No issues regarding the big brick on the inside for me as I have a slim foot.

Oh the R2 is TTS for me.
Thanks man good post. I guess I'll just have to grab a pair of these R2 and see how I feel. Just gotta pick which one

I know I could use more navy boost shoes (I have the WM R2 and the WM nmd eqt support future), but I'm boring and I like black. I like the ronin pack with the lines (gf likes the dots) and think if it came in black, it would look even better with the lines. Maybe they could call it the samurai pack.

I guess I will still try to cop since I have struck out on the United Arrows release. Or I could keep buying up more WM boost shoes and go for their city sock. Then again what I like best about the WM R2 is the white stripes on the front. The WM lines on the city sock are so hard to see, but I do like the white triangle on the back. I also like the look of the cs2 better. It looks more like a tabi than the cs1.

I'd really like to cop the Hong Kong Pack R2, but I haven't found any updated information on them. Looks like a big week for nmd fans. I hope everyone gets what they want this week and don't run into something like the haven ub release.

So are we expecting all stock of the R2's to sell out pretty much within the day they release? No hope of any being left in Vegas by the 14th?

So are we expecting all stock of the R2's to sell out pretty much within the day they release? No hope of any being left in Vegas by the 14th?
Not sure what to expect. The original Trace Cargo NMD R2 isn't that popular in the NMD world and not hyped whatsoever but I believe it initially sold out.

I think the days are over where every PK NMD is SUPER limited and hard to get. All these new boost shoes, besides the ones we KNOW will be limited (CNY, collabs, etc) have restocked and released in a lot of places. I don't really think itll be a hard cop if you want any of these R2

Im kinda feeling the red/black stripe R2....

That's exactly how shoe sales should be. Js grab the ones you want... No hassle necessary. General releases should be generally easy. Limited releases being hard to cop makes a lot more sense.

I think the days are over where every PK NMD is SUPER limited and hard to get. All these new boost shoes, besides the ones we KNOW will be limited (CNY, collabs, etc) have restocked and released in a lot of places. I don't really think itll be a hard cop if you want any of these R2

Im kinda feeling the red/black stripe R2....

feeling the red/black ones too. the poor man's firestarters they say

Ordered, though in the middle of the order I clicked the link again and got 404 error  so not sure if my order will actually ship or not.

Meanwhile I took a look at all the NMDs that are dropping. Those collegiate navy ones have got my attention and I will very likely try for them. I'm not particularly fond of those stripes, but the red block and translucent sole really make the shoe pop. Going after those and the  CS on Thursday.

Ordered, though in the middle of the order I clicked the link again and got 404 error  so not sure if my order will actually ship or not.

Meanwhile I took a look at all the NMDs that are dropping. Those collegiate navy ones have got my attention and I will very likely try for them. I'm not particularly fond of those stripes, but the red block and translucent sole really make the shoe pop. Going after those and the  CS on Thursday.

i like the fact that the soles on the R2 are not like the R1. i own the olive/trace cargo ones that released last december and i actually like the pattern. the core red and navy ones piqued my interest but this time i am not sure if i want them whole-heartedly. esp aft paying resell for packer nmds.

Back
Top Bottom