Adidas NMD thread

Yup, that's the one, I've saved and lost that pic more times than I can count :lol:

I think there might have been another pic that went with it? Or maybe it was always just presented split in two. Regardless, the third one up from the bottom on the right (olive w/ red outsole) and the second one down from the top on the right (grey glitch w/ red stripe) are better than the majority of R1s that have actually released.

I wish these R1_PK released too

1-8.jpg

I don’t understand why Adidas even makes mesh NMDs anymore. PKs aren’t selling out and are hitting discount regularily-what is the point of the mesh NMDs?

You have to remember we’re in the minority here. If you look at the best selling models, they’re all either classics like superstars or Stan smiths or cheap, widely available models like the swift run. NTers might not like mesh nmds but your average person that just walks into the mall cause they need a pair of shoes probably does and also is more likely to find the lower price point much more attractive. Even then it’s still a premium price over stuff like the swift run or roshes or other models like that.

That $170 price point scares a lot of people off. Trust me. People come into my store all the time asking about nmd’s and boost and really have no clue what PK is. Surprisingly, a lot of folks prefer the feel of mesh because it feels more “supportive” to them on foot. Mesh cerainitly sells.

That $170 price point scares a lot of people off. Trust me. People come into my store all the time asking about nmd’s and boost and really have no clue what PK is. Surprisingly, a lot of folks prefer the feel of mesh because it feels more “supportive” to them on foot. Mesh cerainitly sells.

But then why don’t we see mesh UBs? Mesh honestly kills the comfort and utility aspect of the model tbh (and NMDs aren’t the most comfortable Boost shoes to begin with).

You have to remember we’re in the minority here. If you look at the best selling models, they’re all either classics like superstars or Stan smiths or cheap, widely available models like the swift run. NTers might not like mesh nmds but your average person that just walks into the mall cause they need a pair of shoes probably does and also is more likely to find the lower price point much more attractive. Even then it’s still a premium price over stuff like the swift run or roshes or other models like that.

I’ll never understand why people would settle for inferior products when better ones can be had on sale at comparable prices. I guess a lot of people view sneakers as something they buy when they need a new pair and aren’t on the prowl for the best model or deal.

PK feels great, but sometimes makes the shoe feel less like a shoe and a little more like a sock with a boost sole attached.

i have one pair of mesh R1s because i liked the color, and while not nearly as comfy as my shoes with PK the mesh R1 sometimes feels a bit more like a shoe...its also thicker and less pliable which can once in a while be a plus.

I’ll never understand why people would settle for inferior products when better ones can be had on sale at comparable prices. I guess a lot of people view sneakers as something they buy when they need a new pair and aren’t on the prowl for the best model or deal.

Lol that’s most people... were the only weirdos that are searching out the newest and best :rofl:

I got my R1 size in the Arrow, and they were very small, so had to sent them back and go a size up to TTS (same size as i use in UB 1.0)
are your R1s primeknit or mesh? im assuming PK.

putting the soles against each other, my PK R2s in 12 are identical in size to my mesh R1s in 12.5....and my PK CS2s in 12 look like a full size too small. im almost wondering if i go with a 12.5 in the united arrow CS2s since my black/pink CS2s in 12 are bordering on too small...

That's exactly it. This is the best selling model of 2017. $65 bucks and available basically everywhere.

nike-tanjun.jpeg

This is how most people shop for shoes:
1. Realize they need shoes
2. Go to the mall,Famous Footwear, Kohls, etc.
3. Look around for something they like.
4. Buy it and never think about it again until they run their pair into the ground.

Sure they might go for something nicer if it's on sale and sitting right next to the other stuff but otherwise they don't care.

I don’t understand why Adidas even makes mesh NMDs anymore. PKs aren’t selling out and are hitting discount regularily-what is the point of the mesh NMDs?

my guess is lower price point with mesh so making it affordable but yeah i agree. by now, they should just sell PKs.

well, when i first got NMDs, they were the mesh ones and I already found them to be comfortable so i would think non-sneakerheads would feel the same as compared to wearing converse/superstars.

Last edited:
But then why don’t we see mesh UBs? Mesh honestly kills the comfort and utility aspect of the model tbh (and NMDs aren’t the most comfortable Boost shoes to begin with).

Hey man, don’t shoot the messenger lol. I’m just telling you it’s something I see on a regular basis with consumers who aren’t sneaker heads. They assume NMD’s are the best boost available period.. it’s crazy

hi, anybody can help me with the sizing for NMD Racer x Juice?
getting two different opinion from what I've seen so far, true to size because it feels lil bit snug, or going down 0.5 size just like regular NMD R1 PK
appreciate any info :smile: thanks

hi, anybody can help me with the sizing for NMD Racer x Juice?
getting two different opinion from what I've seen so far, true to size because it feels lil bit snug, or going down 0.5 size just like regular NMD R1 PK
appreciate any info :smile: thanks
Can't fully advise as I haven't tried them on, but had them in hand in a local shop the other day and the upper isn't very stretchy at all, definitely nowhere near as forgiving as a pk r1.

Bought my first nmd r1 off finishline app. One day after they are delivered they put them on sale for thirty dollars cheaper smh

Last edited:
Bought my first nmd r1 off finishine app. One day after they are delivered they put them on sale for thirty dollars cheaper smh

Credit card price match or return them at a retail store and re-purchase. Probably worth 30 for your time to do so.

Hey man, don’t shoot the messenger lol. I’m just telling you it’s something I see on a regular basis with consumers who aren’t sneaker heads. They assume NMD’s are the best boost available period.. it’s crazy
Its not really crazy because you see more people with the nmd than the other ones at least ime. It's probably because of price but I can see why someone not really into sneakers would think so by seeing what others wear.

Its not really crazy because you see more people with the nmd than the other ones at least ime. It's probably because of price but I can see why someone not really into sneakers would think so by seeing what others wear.

It could also be that, at one point (early 2016, specifically), even mesh NMDs were hyped and would constantly sellout. A lot of these people probably wanted a pair and are just now coming to the party.

It could also be that, at one point (early 2016, specifically), even mesh NMDs were hyped and would constantly sellout. A lot of these people probably wanted a pair and are just now coming to the party.
So you're basically saying a similar thing to me? Ok then

So you're basically saying a similar thing to me? Ok then

I think so-I was just mentioning the late to the party crowd and/or the “too expensive unless it hits discount” crowd as well.

It’s actually crazy that ~2 years ago there was actually resale on regular mesh NMDs.

I think so-I was just mentioning the late to the party crowd and/or the “too expensive unless it hits discount” crowd as well.

It’s actually crazy that ~2 years ago there was actually resale on regular mesh NMDs.
Ok we on the same page lol. I agree with you.

Back
Top Bottom