Adidas Originals by Jeremy Scott 2012 Footwear Collection. WTH‽

I was watching some posts and I found this Adidas shoes. I first thought this must be a joke, who the hell would wear that! So I started to search about them and found this collection. I'm still thinking of it as a joke... srsly, in what occasion would you wear them‽

adidas-originals-jeremy-scott-2012-fall-winter-footwear-6.jpg

The full collection: Jeremy Scott Footwear Collection

Your sentiments are how I feel about most Jeremy Scott Adidas collabos.

Have you seen none of Scott's previous collections? At best you might call them eccentric (teddy bears) at worst you might say that he was on lsd when he was designing them (the multi-colored/multi-material wings released last year). But they're definitely all in his same sensibility. Those are actually one of his more normal looking creations.

Yeah, most of his designs are just ridiculous or way colorful. I was talking more specifically about the ones in the picture. Rather than a prisoner of style (the main theme of the design) I'd feel like Adidas b!tch.

Anyone catch the heat those slave chain ones are receiving right now? Let us know how you feel I personally really don't know how I feel about it right now.

Whatever those low top things are, they look exactly like the Ice Cream Board Flips that Pharell tried to sell years back.

I was actually looking forward to copping these but thanks to all the sensitive people in the world they are no longer releasing.

I myself being half black and growing up with my entire family being black I don't see the coalition of slavery whatsoever.

Shackles have been used on many people of every color.

I love how I can go out and buy a canvas, put one yellow spot of paint, with one blue dot of paint, pee on it, then rub my own fecal matter on it, and people would be able to find some deeper meaning to it and call it art..................... but for these you're mind just comes to a complete standstill on slavery???

As far out there as Jeremy Scott's designs are, I like them. They always push the boundaries of what shoes are and what fashion is. I saw someone mentioned these being a statement of being a slave to fashion/sneakers, and I think that idea is pretty spot on with the hype surrounding sneakers these days.
It's a true shame they cancelled the release. I'm not going to lie, at $350 I wasn't going to buy them anyway, but it's a shame people saw more into this than there was.

Ah the general public getting involved in things they don't understand

FYI ugly shoes

Originally Posted by b20 eg8

I was actually looking forward to copping these but thanks to all the sensitive people in the world they are no longer releasing.

I myself being half black and growing up with my entire family being black I don't see the coalition of slavery whatsoever.

Shackles have been used on many people of every color.

I love how I can go out and buy a canvas, put one yellow spot of paint, with one blue dot of paint, pee on it, then rub my own fecal matter on it, and people would be able to find some deeper meaning to it and call it art..................... but for these you're mind just comes to a complete standstill on slavery???
try selling your "art" to adidas and the masses, not happenin
all of Jeremy Scott's stuff has never been anything impressive to me tho, how did he get in his position? 

here's the thing about the shackle shoes, and why I understand them getting pulled. Most of the people that were offended by them weren't of the generation that were going to purchase the shoes, but there is a pretty obvious connection for MANY people of older generations to slavery. Although I doubt that was Scott's design intention (and it's pretty obvious that it wasn't considering that toy), a bunch of hipster black kids in skinny jeans and shackles is not an image that most black people want to perpetuate. Given the history seeing any black person in shackles is immediately going to evoke slavery imagery no matter what the intent was. Adidas realized this and decided it was much better to apologize and pull the sneaker than to waste a ton of resources trying to fight for Scott's wacky artistic vision for a line that would sell out anyway.

Wall of text over.

Back
Top Bottom