Adidas Springblade

I am really feeling these...good to see Adidas giving Nike a run in the shoe tech department. These are a day 1 cop for me. Any NTers got inside info on these :nerd:

Springblade features 16 high-tech polymer blade platforms that have been angled to compress, release, and return energy in a spring-like forward motion. With each blade engineered to accommodate each phase in the foot strike process, the runner is intended to enjoy comprehensive balance and support. The shoe’s tech-driven makeup extends to construction of the upper, where the flexible fit has been tuned to “hug” the top of the foot so that the energy returned by the blades contributes to maximum propulsion.

View media item 469341View media item 469338View media item 469335View media item 469333

I've bought 1 pair of Adidas in my life but these are fresh but I think they will have a 180 price tag. Pretty sure release is aug 1st?

Not feeling the $180 price tag but I will at least try them on. No matter what, you gotta given them credit for trying something new. If this technology is successful, I wonder what Nike will counter with?

I recently tried on a pair of the new Adistar Boost stability shoes with the boost tech. I will be picking up a pair when better colorways come out, but Adidas is definitely on to something with the boost technology. Most comfy shoes ever.

They look cool but probably wont sell at all. Who remembers adidas 200 and something dollar basketball shoe that would adjust the cushioning? This was way before nikes disgusting price hikes. Those seemed cool but not one person bought them. Damn wish i could have bought a pair for the hell of it lol

They look cool but probably wont sell at all. Who remembers adidas 200 and something dollar basketball shoe that would adjust the cushioning? This was way before nikes disgusting price hikes. Those seemed cool but not one person bought them. Damn wish i could have bought a pair for the hell of it lol

I had two pairs of the running shoes that adjusted... super comfy to run in, but poor quality (at least in the most important part).

The 1st release had a problem with the metal battery connectors - they were were folded over at a sharp angle, causing them to be fairly weak and break easily. No metal connector for the battery = no adjusting cushion. I bought these at an outlet for like $80 new... broke after maybe 15 runs... adidas did me more than right and gave me a big credit to the online shop - $200 or $250. I think they knew they had a big issue and were giving full retail refunds no questions asked.

The 2nd release had a problem with the plastic caps - the caps were used to screw the battery down in place beneath the arch in your foot. All well and good until you see that the cap is held in place by a thin plastic tab which will break after a few runs. I bought two pairs of these at the outlet on a buy-one-get-one-half off deal. Something like $90 for two pairs. One pair broke after ~10 runs and the other after ~20. The deal made them cheap, but it still sucks that they broke. I'd have been super mad if I paid close to full price on those.

I saw the basketball version online - never saw anybody with them in person.

I had two pairs of the running shoes that adjusted... super comfy to run in, but poor quality (at least in the most important part).

The 1st release had a problem with the metal battery connectors - they were were folded over at a sharp angle, causing them to be fairly weak and break easily. No metal connector for the battery = no adjusting cushion. I bought these at an outlet for like $80 new... broke after maybe 15 runs... adidas did me more than right and gave me a big credit to the online shop - $200 or $250. I think they knew they had a big issue and were giving full retail refunds no questions asked.

The 2nd release had a problem with the plastic caps - the caps were used to screw the battery down in place beneath the arch in your foot. All well and good until you see that the cap is held in place by a thin plastic tab which will break after a few runs. I bought two pairs of these at the outlet on a buy-one-get-one-half off deal. Something like $90 for two pairs. One pair broke after ~10 runs and the other after ~20. The deal made them cheap, but it still sucks that they broke. I'd have been super mad if I paid close to full price on those.

In reality, there are very few people that will shell out that kind of $$$ for shoes, no matter how good they supposedly are. I think almost all major brands of running shoes now have at least 1 model pushing $150 if not more..

In reality, there are very few people that will shell out that kind of $$$ for shoes, no matter how good they supposedly are. I think almost all major brands of running shoes now have at least 1 model pushing $150 if not more..

Oh yeah - I know that's true. I don't know about other runners, but I go through around 5 pairs a year. I think anything $100+ is ******ed, since they don't last too long... I usually hear 250-500 miles, but 500 isn't happening with me anytime soon.

The plastic blades should last longer than foam but I'd still tear through the rubber and be running on plastic. I think I'd rather run on foam midsole than bare plastic blades as I make my wear pattern. I don't know - I wasn't too impressed with the bounce shoes from a few years back.

I'll stick to looking for old boston 3 & adios 1 in my size on ebay - or this bad boy right here!!! :smile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Adidas...S_Men_s_Athletic_Footwear&hash=item3cd30b971f

I am very interested in this shoe as well, def will try these on in store and then wait for prices to fall if I like how they feel. Unless these are crazy limited they'll sit, especially because there is no check mark on them hahahaha.

Derrick Rose personal assiatnt give me a pair. These are madd comfortable and they worth the 180 price tag. you wont be disappintment.

Finally gave in and used a $25 off promo on FTL and free shipping. $167 shipped.  Adidas site says to go half down, but being a 14 I just went TTS.

Taken with a Canon 5D Mark III 
happy.gif

Aesthetically they're horrible but they feel nice. Good heel to toe transition.

Just ordered mine this morning! Can't wait. I've actually never seen them in person (or heard about them until today, for that matter) so I hope I like them!

purchased a white/silver pair at finishline for $150 with another  $20 off coupon, pretty comfortable shoes

Back
Top Bottom