Adidas TUBULAR Thread

I doubled up on shadows yesterday in-store... reallllly loving these... will wait until next round for another pair.

Grabbed tan Shadows at my local FNL using my WC reward. Love 'em! Went a full sz down from my normal 10, .5 down off my ZX Flux/EQT size of 9.5.

It was a toss-up between them and these BEAUTIFUL new Radials, but I figure I'll use my 40% off at ADC to grab those or the new triple-black Radials (if they pop up) off there. Don't think tan Shadows will show up on ADC again soon.

Grabbed tan Shadows at my local FNL using my WC reward. Love 'em! Went a full sz down from my normal 10, .5 down off my ZX Flux/EQT size of 9.5.

It was a toss-up between them and these BEAUTIFUL new Radials, but I figure I'll use my 40% off at ADC to grab those or the new triple-black Radials (if they pop up) off there. Don't think tan Shadows will show up on ADC again soon.
What color Shadow did you grab? 

He said tan, right? I'll excuse myself if that's not what you're asking though.

Lol, yeah, tan Shadows. These:

BB8824_GRN

Like them because they don't have an all-white sole. Between these and my Invader Straps, I'm building quite the po'boy's Yeezy collection.

Last edited:

damn my bad, i read right over that 

New PK Novas up on ADC. Tempted to grab the Burgs, but I just really wish they'd get away from the all-white tube sole 
indifferent.gif

Still waiting on the new black Radials (BB2394) to hit ADC so I can use my discount on them 
nerd.gif

how do the tubular nova pk run?

i have a wide foot wear 11.5 in UB

for the people that own them, you guys like them overall?

Lol, yeah, tan Shadows. These:

BB8824_GRN

Like them because they don't have an all-white sole. Between these and my Invader Straps, I'm building quite the po'boy's Yeezy collection.

They look cool but I can't bring myself to buy Yeezy knockoffs-even if Adidas makes them and they are only based off the design.

I wish Adidas just rebranded them as YZYs or something like JB did with AJKOs vs AJ1s.

Last edited:
They look cool but I can't bring myself to buy Yeezy knockoffs-even if Adidas makes them and they are only based off the design.

I wish Adidas just rebranded them as YZYs or something like JB did with AJKOs vs AJ1s.

Man, I usually respect your opinions but I don't even know where to start with this.

If you like something, wear it. Who cares how it's branded? Hell if these were sold at Payless and they weren't direct ripoffs of 350s (like those cheap mall kiosk Yeezys), I'd still be like "Ya know what, those are pretty slick." Maybe I wouldn't buy them because of reservations about Payless quality, but as these are Adi I don't have those concerns. On top of that, they're sub-$100, and I could walk into my local FNL and try them on and walk out with them, instead of battling bots and resellers to try to drop $250 for a ridiculously limited shoe.

I dunno, I just don't see what's not to like about them other than "they ain't Yeezy," which seems to be the basis of your apprehension with the model.

Man, I usually respect your opinions but I don't even know where to start with this.

If you like something, wear it. Who cares how it's branded? Hell if these were sold at Payless and they weren't direct ripoffs of 350s (like those cheap mall kiosk Yeezys), I'd still be like "Ya know what, those are pretty slick." Maybe I wouldn't buy them because of reservations about Payless quality, but as these are Adi I don't have those concerns. On top of that, they're sub-$100, and I could walk into my local FNL and try them on and walk out with them, instead of battling bots and resellers to try to drop $250 for a ridiculously limited shoe.

I dunno, I just don't see what's not to like about them other than "they ain't Yeezy," which seems to be the basis of your apprehension with the model.

Oh don't get me wrong, they look good but they took many design elements from the Yeezys and are clearly trying to sell these as Yeezy takedown models without the Yeezy branding. If they had branded these as YZYs or whatever a takedown model would be called, it would make more sense. That said, I just don't find their design original enough to consider their design unique-but, at the end of the day, wear what you like.

Oh don't get me wrong, they look good but they took many design elements from the Yeezys and are clearly trying to sell these as Yeezy takedown models without the Yeezy branding. If they had branded these as YZYs or whatever a takedown model would be called, it would make more sense. That said, I just don't find their design original enough to consider their design unique-but, at the end of the day, wear what you like.

Gotcha - yeah, I can respect that view when you explain it that way.

I just think that if they slapped a "YZY" tag anywhere on it they'd have sold out asap. And I doubt crazy-***** Kanye would EVER allow his name to be associated with a GR, let alone a $100 silhouette. So I'll grab these, Invader Straps, Dooms and Radials whenever I can, and keep my blood pressure stable by not getting worked up over YZY drops!

Back
Top Bottom