Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

dwdwqdqwdw.png

So after 2 years, THIS is what we get? LMFAOOO. Essentials with Adidas logo? The forum with cream laces and soles? Boy STOP. You're 2 years too late. I get it, you had other priors like rehashing Essentials in new colors every 3 months and Fear of Blazers, because Fear of God was actually a line, of different garments, pattern and colors but now it's just a bunch of blazers and mock necks... keep that junk.

assuming he's referring to leo chang.

at the least i expect something like he did with nike. not some rehashed essentials with an adidas logo

That’s why Jerry blocked me on all social media. For saying all Essentials look the same. Now he’s about to come out with some more bland crap.

If you think about it, one motif I bet he signed up for, was a likely yeezy collaboration down the pipeline. Funny how twist-ey things get.
God's plan*

His fear of god line has been awesone differing from collection collection

Like what yaw want from his adidas gear?

Saw some of the collection today. Will cop the shorts on discount early next year. Quality of materials are definitely there, but the designs are very much like the Balenciaga Adidas': plain and outdated.

This basketball collection that just dropped isn’t Fear of God. This is exactly what I was referring too in my last post about Jerry and Fear of God’s aesthetic “Influencing” the overall direction of Adidas basketball. Him being the “Creative director” was suppose to allow for adidas to leverage his look to help reset the basketball category. Of course he’s most known for apparel, so this was the initial start and then eventually should have made its way to the footwear. The issue was that this minimalist aesthetic constantly became a roadblock for the brands athletes and for signature product as it all became too similar and not youthful.

The way to think about is Fear of God is the fashion house for Adidas hoops. Fear of god sits at the top as the pinnacle of the pyramid and then each athlete would have a collection under that umbrella. Then it would eventually trickle all the way down to Adidas core product as well. So this collection is culmination of that. This is just new Adidas performance product that was suppose to have the same premium American sportswear feel of Jerry Lorenzo’s aesthetic. Just trying to make this look assessable to the masses!

So, I assume after seeing this collection and the “Chapter 01” commercial… Jerry decided to put out a statement to ensure the public knows that this isn’t his work, and that he isn’t the creative director of basketball… they are now realizing it’s too close and trying to ensure this won’t cannibalize the upcoming real season of his Fear of God collection.

So again this IS NOT Fear of God… Fear of God is still similar though Lol. It’s pretty much what we all would have expect it to be… but it is a bit more of a variety and the quality is really nice… but I do echo the sentiment that it feels seen before, and feels 3-4 years to late. But there is a bit more depth to the range. Also an expansive footwear collection as well.

Back
Top Bottom