Adidas x Fear Of God Athletics

If that was true, why would Nike be against having another brand line like Jordan Brand. Jordan Brand was the fastest growing line at Nike. It probably made up for a lot of the losses in their other segments. Jordan Brand was potentially on pace to surpass Adidas in North America. Nike would have loved it if Jerry could have done that. But Nike wasn't happy with him. It's clear that he was on his own timeline and Nike wanted more footwear designs from him. It's footwear first before the clothing line for Nike. But I can see him wanting a clothing line more because most of his income probably comes from the Essential clothing and accessory lines. Also, Jordan Brand and Jerry's line wouldn't compete directly. His line is far more expensive than Jordan Brand. Just look at the prices for his Adidas line.

Nike would have 3 basketball line if that were the case - Nike basketball, jordan and fog athletic which doesnt make much sense. First off he aint a basketball player let alone legend to have permanent contract. Even kobe didnt get a lifetime conract when he was alive since nike deemed hes too old to be given one.

Jerry is all about the cloths, he just wanted a company that could make shoes that complimented his clothing ,with better tech than his FOG main line shoes.

anyone familiar with FOG site knows what they use to ship for international orders?

Couldn't find clear information in their policies / FAQ.

On the pricing comments well pay attention to what this guy said at 4:50 i think it rings truth.

Last edited:
I decided to withdraw both of my raffles for these. After reconsidering, paying $250 for them seemed unwise. Personally, I find the exorbitant prices for athletic wear even more distasteful. Honestly, I've seen better athletic wear at Aeropostale.

I hit on the raffle. I've been looking forward to these for a long time....$272 after tax is wild though.

750 > Nike Fog 1 > adidas basketball

They arent bad, and youre right he did deliver some very adidas-esque shoes. To me though, they remind me of a takedown Fog 1.

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.44.26 PM.png

vs

Screen Shot 2023-12-04 at 6.44.39 PM.png

Its a joke how much better the Nike Fogs look.

I do think the 86 Lo is a really good though. He did a good job on those. The Raid inspired Fog Nikes were weak.

I can defintely see why a ton draw the comparison but it’s hard for me to make the jump from fog 1s as takedowns when I used to the see the raids at discount stores collecting dust :lol:
IMG_7963.jpeg

Your assessment is pretty on point in terms of ranking but mostly because I feel like the 750s and FOG 1s, as out of the box as they are from a design perspective are more versatile than these basketballs. Atleast on the surface. When I get them in hand I’ll see how I ultimately decide to wear them. But they don’t stand out much from the qntms, qasas, and the other thick soled+knit/neoprene upper shoes that adidas makes. Luckily for me and adidas, I really like that look 😂

anyone familiar with FOG site knows what they use to ship for international orders?

Couldn't find clear information in their policies / FAQ.

On the pricing comments well pay attention to what this guy said at 4:50 i think it rings truth.

priced in between essentials and mainline fear of god? ok.. who is that market for exactly?

what happened 2 years ago when he was hired for basketball performance progression and suddenly that job changed (press release dec 2022) and now releasing "athletic" wear and announcing it via the Adidas originals ig account.. lol

I can defintely see why a ton draw the comparison but it’s hard for me to make the jump from fog 1s as takedowns when I used to the see the raids at discount stores collecting dust :lol:
IMG_7963.jpeg

Your assessment is pretty on point in terms of ranking but mostly because I feel like the 750s and FOG 1s, as out of the box as they are from a design perspective are more versatile than these basketballs. Atleast on the surface. When I get them in hand I’ll see how I ultimately decide to wear them. But they don’t stand out much from the qntms, qasas, and the other thick soled+knit/neoprene upper shoes that adidas makes. Luckily for me and adidas, I really like that look 😂
The SAs were the real fog 1 takedown and I feel like people forget those exist

The SAs were the real fog 1 takedown and I feel like people forget those exist

I only pointed out the raids over the SA’s because the SA’s are essentially still the same model/silhoette. The raids and the mochasins feel like true takedowns to me. The same way adidas made tubular models that were takedowns of the 750 and 350

People putting in for raffles is crazy when everythings on the Fog site chillin.

In the UK, at least, FOG retail is £60 ($75) more than Adidas CONFIRMED's raffle.

That's crazy to me.

I'm sticking with my CONFIRMED raffle for now.

Adidas with the free quick ship too, they'll be here before Sunday but they deliver on Sunday's too... for free!

Looks like he’s wearing the heavy fleece hoodie with the suede fleece pants, lmao wtf. He needs a large and needs to go up a size on the pants. 86s don’t pair well with the new sweatsuits imo. Should have went with basketballs. He’s a heavier set guy so he’s not gonna get away with just the sweatsuit. He needs to add layers to distract from his shape.

1. Get the right size
2. Get the right shoes
3. Layer…throw a brown shade or gray essentials coach jacket on over the sweat suit. Add a nice cap. Also get the matching pieces. Heavy fleece with heavy fleece…suede with suede, etc.

Then he will be lit.

Back
Top Bottom