ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chocs were just never a really well received colorway. That's why resale is coming down so low.
I don't think it has anything to do with the colorway. Plenty of people say these are their favorites (and not just because of the better quality). I think it was @MrDeeds that said it, there just isn't THAT many people that will pay $1,000 plus for a pair of shoes, especially time and time again. There's been 4 750's now, & 5 colorways of 350's- the amount of people that had to have one pair of yeezys or 1 of each model already have their pair(s). There was no way these could maintain the prices they were at when you have this many pairs out there & so many options. A lot of the people that buy shoes (and many of you know this to be true) don't have much money and you'll hear "I get paid Friday, can you wait until then" or "if you still have these in a couple weeks I'll take them" after sending an offer on something.

Ehhh, if these were Black/Gum 750s, I would beg to differ. Plus people are realizing now that 750s are just hard to pull off in general. Chocs were also considered one of the more limited 750 releases since the OGs and probably last of the 750 V1 line.

TD V2s will bring that hype back, those V1 350 prices

People have already forgot what it was like to cop a pair just to make $75-$100 after fees.  Now if shoes aren't going for triple retail then resell is dead.

Sure Nike dropped some stuff that made $ but when did Nike drop 13k pairs online and that product still made $400-500 profit ?
Right?! I remember when stuff would only be resold for a 10-50% premium, not 100% markup.

I find a lot of the mentality now is that kids need to get at least retail back. Sorry, but some product won't fetch you retail. If people passed on it at retail in the store, why would they pay somebody else retail later on?!

Like mentioned before. Availability and release frequency is what is killing resale price in general. Color has little to do with it. With every release generally resale prices have trended down. Based on color arguably the triple blacks should be the pair with the highest resale. Price but it's not. What's happening is yeezys are normalizing. The resale market is dominated by enthusiasists. Fact of the matter is after 7,8,9, and 10 releases, whether people want to admit it or not, it gets to a point where even enthusiasists are willing to pay less for the same shoe in a different color, especially if each shoe is a "must have". Add in supply going up, and people reselling going up. Market is flooded. Prices go down. It's got almost nothing to do with the fact that they're brown.

I agree. People not going to pay resell and move onto the next new colorway.

If people know the release date of the next shoe, depending on the proximity of release dates, people will just wait it out

damn SNS held back 29 pairs of chocos? wonder how many they got that went for sale to the general public. 

and some prices are at $2k bidding already.. 

Last edited:
[thread="641717"]Adidas has you guys so spoiled that you forget what resell was like when only Nike was running ****. [/thread]

Sure Nike dropped some stuff that made $ but when did Nike drop 13k pairs online and that product still made $400-500 profit ?
wings XII are about the closest..

Man how can people say color doesn't really matter?

At the end of the day some one some where is buying this shoe to put on their feet and wear. It is still a shoe....it isn't a stock. The actual appeal of the shoe does indeed matter when it comes to resale prices.

At the end of the day some one some where is buying this shoe to put on their feet and wear. It is still a shoe....it isn't a stock. The actual appeal of the shoe does indeed matter when it comes to resale prices.
I'd like to believe the majority of people are purchasing the shoes to eventually wear but I also know a number of people that have at least 5 pairs of Adidas Yeezys stacked up in the back of their closet waiting for higher resale prices.

It was a charity auction.  People bid it up to help a good cause not to help some jackass with his rent.
Yes, I know.  I was being sarcastic.
I know you were, the sad thing is someone might actually try it.

Last edited:
sometime i put my shoes deep in the closet so I can wear them once all the hypebeast have moved on to other things

Last edited:

I just had this convo with a friend. When it comes to yeezys and hype, the logic of the average consumer doesn't apply. Hell when it comes to "sneaker culture" the average consumer logic doesn't apply. A good portion of the people Paying resell for yeezys would buy their least favorite colorway of yeezys just as quickly as their favorite for no other reason than just because they're yeezys. Colors are going to matter when these yeezy shops open up and supply meets demand and theirs plenty to go around.

View media item 2212094
Kolor Blind looks like they moving!?
Or closing shop!

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
[emoji]9904[/emoji]

Kolor Blind looks like they moving!?
Or closing shop!

[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]
[emoji]9904[/emoji]
lol this why you got to check out stuff with your own eyes before you drop serious money on sneakers thats not paypal/creditcard protected. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom