ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeezys, or any limited, high-resell value shoe inherently IS a status symbol. This is no different from expensive clothing or jewelry.

Nobody cares about GR Jordan Retros that you can easily get and won't even sell for their MSRP. Wearing Yeezys shows that you can afford to wear a shoe that is worth quite a bit of money. Like it or not, it does any something about your financial place in life.

Not necessarily because some people won't have a pot to piss in but cop Yeezys.

On the bright side, if you took an L-it seems a lot more people will be wearing get these so there aren't as special anymore since they are less limited than before.

After this release, you will.

There's slowly going to be nothing special about Yeezys now.. If anyone is holding onto pairs to resell, I would be careful and check Stock X constantly. Adidas seems to be VERY slowly over saturating the market.

So many people ate on this release though.

Yeezy Mafia said Adidas is going back to more limited releases so you can look forward to more Ls.

Some people don't like to wear mass-produced, GR shoes.

These are Yeezys not Roshes.

Having a limited shoe is like wearing any other status symbol such as a nice watch or expensive clothes.

20k on ADC US alone, there were far more of these produced in the world.

I think Adidas wisely realizes that Yeezys are a status symbol for the brand, so future releases are going to more limited than these. Selling a 350 GR is really bad for the brand in the long term.

nobody takes a bigger L than this dude right here. He is the L.

Its why this stupid sneaker game is the way it is. All you gotta do is look at this guy.

every thread.

Yeezys, or any limited, high-resell value shoe inherently IS a status symbol. This is no different from expensive clothing or jewelry.

Nobody cares about GR Jordan Retros that you can easily get and won't even sell for their MSRP. Wearing Yeezys shows that you can afford to wear a shoe that is worth quite a bit of money. Like it or not, it does any something about your financial place in life.
or it says you were lucky enough to cop from a drop. some of us dont do resale prices and it has nothing to do with our "financial place in life"

a $220 shoe that mass produced and poorly made in china is not worth those resale values, period. 

Last edited:

On the bright side, if you took an L-it seems a lot more people will be wearing get these so there aren't as special anymore since they are less limited than before.

After this release, you will.

There's slowly going to be nothing special about Yeezys now.. If anyone is holding onto pairs to resell, I would be careful and check Stock X constantly. Adidas seems to be VERY slowly over saturating the market.

So many people ate on this release though.

Yeezy Mafia said Adidas is going back to more limited releases so you can look forward to more Ls.

Some people don't like to wear mass-produced, GR shoes.

These are Yeezys not Roshes.

Having a limited shoe is like wearing any other status symbol such as a nice watch or expensive clothes.

20k on ADC US alone, there were far more of these produced in the world.

I think Adidas wisely realizes that Yeezys are a status symbol for the brand, so future releases are going to more limited than these. Selling a 350 GR is really bad for the brand in the long term.
nobody takes a bigger L than this dude right here. He is the L.

Its why this stupid sneaker game is the way it is. All you gotta do is look at this guy.

every thread.

Last edited:
or it says you were lucky enough to cop at retail. some of us dont do resale prices and it has nothing to do with our "financial place in life"
a $220 shoe that mass produced and poorly made in china is not worth those resale values, period. 

The opportunity cost to wear the shoes you bought at retail (knowing they are worth much more at resale) still makes them status symbols. The MSRP of Yeezys is much lower than market value, so if you wear them even after copping at retail, it says something about your ability to forego the money you could have made off of selling them.

What mall????????
Southland it just pissed me off. This the 2nd time they did this according to my boy who's an employee. They got 10 pair yesterday morning. On Black Friday they had all 3 pairs and sold em to random friends & family. No raffle no nothing. However management lies to your face. They look out for who they know.

Southland it just pissed me off. This the 2nd time they did this according to my boy who's an employee. They got 10 pair yesterday morning. On Black Friday they had all 3 pairs and sold em to random friends & family. No raffle no nothing. However management lies to your face. They look out for who they know.

Damn Southland got them? I grew up near there

Idk man, they can probably just keep dropping semi GRs, Limited and GRs and they'll still sell out.

It's not a sustainable long term strategy in the long term, keeping Yeezys limited while selling crappy consolation prizes like Tubular Shadows is because Adidas still make sure money at the end of the day.

Last edited:

while we wait....

some pics....

some pics vs green pair
since this got buried
happy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom