ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2016 THREAD - (NO LC PICS PLEASE!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop. Can't do that in here.
Chilled 
mean.gif

Everyone here's hoping for a restock or more shoes to drop, but who knows. I don't think they have a habit of releasing multiple times a day but I'm not a Yeezy-ologist.

Edit: fixed for clarification.

Last edited:
Man, whatever about the hype and everything, you seriously can't justify ever paying 1k for a used pair of shoes that aren't even made from leather. The hype is so unbelievably out of control. 5 times RRP for used, what has happened to us!

Its the marketing campaign of Adidas. Exclusivity + Very Influential Brand Ambassador = Hype .
Every brand does the same thing and sometime it works , sometime it does not.

Just Don 2 for example - Very Limited + WAY Higher Price / Better Materials + Don C (Not as influential as Kanye but has a serious following)

OVO 10s - Limited + Decent Material + Drake - Kanye (Kanye was the original poster boy for Nike collabs with Rappers, when Nike lost Kanye they replaced him with Drake)

So hype in my opinion is based on this formula. If you have a serious enough following and the right endorsement anything can happen. Rapper and fashionistas have more influence than Basketball player nowadays. Just the culture. Been that way since Jay-Z and Reebok.

Personally I'm retail or bust kind of person. I've had 350 and its never been worth 1k or more for me. But Adidas has the market and its all because of Kanye.

Last edited:
i know we're assuming bot orders getting cancelled but is there any proof of them getting cancelled?

does that mean possible restock for us manuals?

Its the marketing campaign of Adidas. Exclusivity + Very Influential Brand Ambassador = Hype .

Just Don 2 for example - Very Limited + WAY Higher Price / Better Materials + Don C (Not as influential as Kanye but has a serious following)

OVO 10s - Limited + Decent Material + Drake - Kanye (Kanye was the original poster boy for Nike collabs with Rappers, when Nike lost Kanye they replaced him with Drake)

So hype in my opinion is based on this formula. If you have a serious enough following and the right endorsement anything can happen.

Personally I'm retail or bust kind of person. I've had 350 and its never been worth 1k or more for me. But Adidas has the market and its all because of Kanye.
Man thats so true. Preach. 

So hype in my opinion is based on this formula. If you have a serious enough following and the right endorsement anything can happen.

I'm not questioning the formula for the generation of hype, which this undoubtably has, I'm more coming from our perspective. How can we as buyers buy into hype to the extent that you'd be willing to pay 1k or more on soft material shoes.

There is liking a shoe, wanting to be seen in what is considered exclusive and also being a Yeezy fan but the resale game on this is now in sheer lunancy territory.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom