ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha yeah I can feel that. I spend/spent money on high priced items before and if I do I make sure its something I really have to have or something of good quality. wasting money isn't something I like to do very much lol. Some of my friends don't even wear the same socks twice lol they buy new packs every single time lol. #richlife
haha so true i know so many of those idiots #richlife i guess 

Are there any pics of worn creams that look beat? Very curious to how fit pics will look when they're not fresh out the box

Man reebok is re-releasing those OG  80s workout shoes

http://sneakernews.com/2017/03/20/reebok-club-workout/

is this real life? 

Adidas owns Reebok right ? Wouldnt this sabotage the Calabasas PowerPhase? 

So many questions.wtf 

Nahhh... If anything it will help drive sales. People are gonna cop & rock the Calabasas regardless. And also regardless of what people say here about it.

Last edited:

Might be for economies of scale in manufacturing. If they order a limited number of PowerPhases, they'll supplement their order with the Reebok shoes.
They have completely different soles and uppers (plus branding) so it can't be economies of scale (don't think specs are even close either). I'm sure they have plenty to manufacture but these smaller runs they do have to drive their marginal costs up vs. something they manufacture in 25,000+

Last edited:
They have completely different soles and uppers (plus branding) so it can't be economies of scale (don't think specs are even close either). I'm sure they have plenty to manufacture but these smaller runs they do have to drive their marginal costs up vs. something they manufacture in 25,000+

Depending on intention all that stuff is budgeted. If anything, super limited/exclusive shoes serve more as a marketing/advertising tool for the brand than for generating revenue directly through sales. I work for a manufacturer that makes specialized motor parts for military, industrial, commercial and medical use and some times we'll ship sample runs to a customer at or below cost, and some cases even for free depending on the relationship we have with the customer and the potential size of the business they may bring with them.

Thank you for clarifying. Admittedly, I have not spent any substantial amount of time looking at either shoe in detail. I just looked at them and figured that they were similar enough that they used the same/similar molds, panels, etc.

Depending on intention all that stuff is budgeted. If anything, super limited/exclusive shoes serve more as a marketing/advertising tool for the brand than for generating revenue directly through sales. I work for a manufacturer that makes specialized motor parts for military, industrial, commercial and medical use and some times we'll ship sample runs to a customer at or below cost, and some cases even for free depending on the relationship we have with the customer and the potential size of the business they may bring with them.
Absolutely, we have similar experience then. Except we don't deal with medical or military/govt. related buyers. I was just speaking to the other comment, which would make sense if they did find a way to produce those with something else. Adidas definitely knows what they're doing though (much like the company you work with)

In other news. Rockin these to take the dog for a walk

View media item 2374972
I never liked all black shoes. Trying to get myself to love these. The comfort is A1 tho. Thanks to the pureboost boost!

Simple and clean AF, what's not to love? UnDS mine this past Sunday and same with Belugas- no break in period at all. PK is soft and the boost is on point.

Absolutely, we have similar experience then. Except we don't deal with medical or military/govt. related buyers. I was just speaking to the other comment, which would make sense if they did find a way to produce those with something else. Adidas definitely knows what they're doing though (much like the company you work with)

what would make a lot of sense manufacturing wise is if they do a short run of yeezy powerphases and long runs of non yeezy branded powerphaes

Finally wore my zebras yesterday and they are definitely eye catchers, even with those that aren't sneaker collectors. 
I have a similar story. I was waiting at the mall for a sneaker deal and I was wearing the Belugas; some older gentleman sitting next to me complimented me on them and he had no idea what they were. I pulled out the Zebras to swap them with some Moonrocks and he was in awe with how unique the Zebras looked. He gave no shets about the Moonrocks though, lol. I think he would've had a heart attack if he knew how much all three pairs were worth. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom