ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no way these will be YS exclusive. For $300 a pop, I think Adidas would want to make more money out of this. This is probably just a big experiment. Testing out the market to see how long it took before it sold out, gave an opportunity for a refund to see how many will return, and how many will ride the wave and willing to wait 2.5 months for a $300 shoes.
you think that the money in incremental sales is worth more than the brand value that comes from this sort of hype. You're thinking checkers, they're playing 10 dimensional chess. 10,000 units vs 50,000 units - that's a drop in the bucket sales wise. How about increasing the desirability for every product for the next 6 months (at least), attracting new artists, collaborators, etc. PR coverage, brand exposure in mainstream news, social conversation, relevance in culture, defining culture itself. The more they keep it limited, the better it is for all the things bigger than short term sales.

They kinda messed this up with the powerphase, I dont think they will with this one.

you think that the money in incremental sales is worth more than the brand value that comes from this sort of hype. You're thinking checkers, they're playing 10 dimensional chess. 10,000 units vs 50,000 units - that's a drop in the bucket sales wise. How about increasing the desirability for every product for the next 6 months (at least), attracting new artists, collaborators, etc. PR coverage, brand exposure in mainstream news, social conversation, relevance in culture, defining culture itself. The more they keep it limited, the better it is for all the things bigger than short term sales.

They kinda messed this up with the powerphase, I dont think they will with this one.
they still ugly tho

Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised by how many people are quick to assume that Adidas wouldn't do a region (or platform) specific release with the 700s. Brands have been doing this forever. This goes back to the 90s where you had to travel across the country or the world to get a specific release. Ugly or not, expensive or not, limited YS exclusive or not, this release has the sneaker community in a bit of a tizzy and that is worth more to a brand than selling x number of shoes on one release.

I don't think anyone can really sit here and claim to know what's in the minds of the strategists at Adidas. All I know is that the Yeezy "machine" is a big ongoing experiment from a brand perspective . They have a vehicle to test release pattern, allocation, and pricing hypothesizes, make ridiculous profits and generally build the cache of the umbrella brand.

This all said, Wexler is on record saying that Adidas is constantly exploring and looking for ways to dropping the negative connotation of "restocks" and making it the status quo. I think he specifically said "we're trying to retrain the community to think that access and availability is the new hype". So maybe people are right and we'll get a restock, who knows. We're just guinea pigs in this game

Last edited:
With my luck, I think YS will ship out so people with pre-orders will have them before the stores / ADC announces a general release of this colorway. Then we'll see prices at 2-3 times retail when YS pairs arrive (when everyone offs their pairs)... and I'll think back at the time I could have ordered all the pairs I wanted.

When they first went up they didnt say it was a presale. Then they added nov. 1. Probably just trying to cover their bases, or they got some complaints.

when they first went up, it did say preorder shipping in november. Also said no cancellations/refunds.

I did not. Wasn't particularly feeling this colorway. I like the chalk with the gum soles that Kanye has worn.

So let's get this out the way. Do you guys really believe YM that these will be a YS exclusive and won't release anywhere else?
I sincerely dont

The way I see it, why would adidas only allow the shoe to be available on one retailer, for the US and Canada only?

Doesn't make sense to me.
that powerphase release got me looking at these like
full

Powerphase wasn't an original sneaker, while this is. Considering the initial reviews, I think this OG colorway will be exclusive towards building up the hype for future colorways. That being said, I'd rather buy a pair of 350 v2's, but I'm willing to give these a shot. Kanye has yet to miss on a sneaker.

Gotta say, I'm a bit surprised by how many people are quick to assume that Adidas wouldn't do a region (or platform) specific release with the 700s. Brands have been doing this forever. This goes back to the 90s where you had to travel across the country or the world to get a specific release. Ugly or not, expensive or not, limited YS exclusive or not, this release has the sneaker community in a bit of a tizzy and that is worth more to a brand than selling x number of shoes on one release.

I don't think anyone can really sit here and claim to know what's in the minds of the strategists at Adidas. All I know is that the Yeezy "machine" is a big ongoing experiment from a brand perspective . They have a vehicle to test release pattern, allocation, and pricing hypothesizes, make ridiculous profits and generally build the cache of the umbrella brand.

This all said, Wexler is on record saying that Adidas is constantly exploring and looking for ways to dropping the negative connotation of "restocks" and making it the status quo. I think he specifically said "we're trying to retrain the community to think that access and availability is the new hype". So maybe people are right and we'll get a restock, who knows. We're just guinea pigs in this game

Well I gotta say is that I'm a bit surprised by how many people are quick to assume that Adidas would do a region (or platform) specific release with the 700s. People here speculating/stumping for a one-off yeezy release like they are holding on to lottery tickets is boring already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom