ADIDAS X YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL 2017 THREAD *NO LC's PLEASE*

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past couple years I’ve sold more of my shoes than buying a pair. My wife actually brought these to my attention because she wanted a pair. So I’ve got the basic 6m HS and enterered a bunch of the raffles posted here. We went to enter the in store raffle at shoe palace and I seen what size she put on her ticket... my size. The whole time I’ve been entering her size and she’s been entering mine lol. Hopefully we win one! Good luck all and happy thanksgiving! Back to the shadows I go...

Got the email from SNS for wifeys pear, sz 5. Now I won’t feel bad if I miss out my size.

Guys I’m gonna post a longer thing about stockx later but I want to say I’ve studied how their bids and asks move and I think they manipulate pricing. They are artificially capping some Beluga sizes at $500 whereas on goat they are going higher.

Stockx is not a transparent exchange, they see bids and asks and can manipulate prices to benefit themselves when they see too much volume on one side vs the other. Plus, they themselves can be the “buyer” without you knowing. They hold inventory. Ask yourself where they get all the shoes they display in their HQ and where they get all the inventory for contests- they are buying in their own exchange too most likely.

Example- there is a ask of 500 and bid 485. Stockx makes money on the seller selling (12-13%) and the buyer buying (inflated 13.95 shipping). They make no money in a stalemate, so they can easily make a transaction “happen” by meeting in the middle and making the seller believe he sold at 500 and buyer bought at 485. They make their 70 and 5 on shipping and eat the 15 spread. Worth it to them and victimless crime. Or they can undercut the ask themselves to force real sellers to bring their asks in, if a buyer wants to hit this fake ask, they can either not do a sale or claim there were “authentication errors” and cancel your buy (suspiciously happened to me 3 times w creams). You’d never know as their “exchange” is not transparent.

Anyway, I used to think stockx prices were the Gold standard in current pricing but it’s my view that they are hitting the ask on many shoes where there is an imbalance of too many low buyers and stubborn high ask sellers, creating stalemates that make them no money. They can facilitate more liquidity by manipulating the spreads.

It's obvious they tune the pricing in the way they can move stock the fastest and make the most profit, would be stupid for them not to. You can't do that in the real stock market but it would be interesting to know exactly what they do since they are in control of both the seller and the buyer sides. I wonder if there are some consumer laws already in place for their way of doing the 'middleman', it's a totally new way of duing business so I have no idea about the regulations. It's a genius system for both sellers and buyers anyway.

wait wut, thats resell. not sure if will cop then.
396A9195-C17B-4CAA-8E14-F7DC17E1EFFD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom