ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just like what I like and wear what I like. I was all about these joints 6 mos ago when most weren't and still am. Call me silly, crazy, what have you, but I think Fragment 1s are plain boring. I much prefer these Yeezys, especially for an everyday type shoe. But I know peeps gonna model shoot 347 poses and post on the Gram 45 times to let the world know they got em, just because they're limited. :rolleyes

Edit: was referring to anything limited, esp Frag 1s

I hate social media. Part of why my love for sneakers is dying, besides my age.

This is true but for probably a very very small %.

Most of the people who were able to grab a pair will never have an on foot pic.

Most people post "just copped"
When they really should save that post until they've flipped the shoes and then post...."just sold them for 400-500% return"

Fixed.

I absolutely hate this part of the game. Its why I pay resell on 80% of the shoes i purchase per year. I don't have time for raffles, waking up early to strike out. Kids/Family time more important. This was one of those cases where i happened to be at the right place at the right time.
I understand where you're coming from. You've got your priorities in order and I absolutely respect that. I can't afford paying resell for any shoe, but when you look at it from your standpoint it is unfortunate that is has to come to paying extra for a shoe because of the way things are. Personally I just get a rush from the pursuit of it all is all I was trying to say but I respect differing opinions

The thing about these is that most people who bought them did so to resell them.  They didnt see a sneaker they liked they saw 800 + in profit and almost free money.

Last edited:
The thing about these is that most people who bought them did so to resell them.  They didnt see a sneaker they liked they saw 800 + in profit and almost free money.

can't blame anyone for doing this though. I feel ridiculous not selling my pair for that profit. These are just shoes

Last edited:
can't blame anyone for doing this though. I feel ridiculous not selling my pair for that profit. These are just shoes
Can't blame anyone either tbh. Everyone of my non-sneakerhead friends I've told I copped and then what they're reselling for is calling me absolutely nuts for not offing my pair ASAP

If I was mad at people that flip these or any shoe, I'd never buy a shoe on resale. 

Almost Every JB 11 low and JB 4 I  have, I paid resale for.

Never knocking the hustle just the front.

My little cousin for instance, has an IG with pics of shoes he posed in before returning or selling. I'm like that ain't fake it till' you make it, that's plain fake. He's like, "Im stuntin though" 
roll.gif

Last edited:

If I was mad at people that flip these or any shoe, I'd never buy a shoe on resale. 

Almost Every JB 11 low and JB 4 I  have, I paid resale for.

Never knocking the hustle just the front.

My little cousin for instance, has an IG with pics of shoes he posed in before returning or selling. I'm like that ain't fake it till' you make it, that's plain fake. He's like, "Im stuntin though" 
roll.gif

Oh gosh, your cousin is the worst HAHAHA

The recent fad of kids posting screenshots of kicks in their cart bragging about that and then NOT ACTUALLY GOING THROUGH AND BUYING THE SHOES is even more ridiculous, and I can't believe it's an actual thing. But I see it all the time.

who;s the dude wearing yeezy's that closed the pre-show out?

I apologize for not knowing. I don't know 80% of these fools coming out.

Profit margin is not higher....

Profit margin is the difference between the cost to produce/distribute and the final amount the company pocketed after tax.

On a per shoe basis the profit is the same as long as the retail price is the same.

Total profits would be higher with more volume assuming they sold off all the pairs.

Cmon now...

The fear for these companies is overproducing and having product sit on shelves, take up space, go on sale etc.
hype is overall good for the brand

The recent fad of kids posting screenshots of kicks in their cart bragging about that and then NOT ACTUALLY GOING THROUGH AND BUYING THE SHOES is even more ridiculous, and I can't believe it's an actual thing. But I see it all the time.
I am 14 and could care nothing about IG likes/follows. I have seen people sell accounts with 3,000 followers for $100 though. 

Selling mine and don't really feel bad about it. 

I don't have half the pairs in my city or a team of bots waiting to pounce online. I have 1 pair. Do I like the shoe? Yes. I love the sole/midsole especially. Do I like the shoe more than enough to turn down 800? Nope.

Did anyone who got through on the "restock" get shipping confirmation? I haven't gotten anything even on UPS My Choice , but I did choose 4-7 day shipping and got the email confirmation if that means anything

If you're a UPS My Choice user, it should be listed under tracking info. 

I never recieved tracking info from adidas or shipping. But UPS says I have a package coming in Tuesday. (1-2 $20 shipping btw. I live in PA)

When I see this post on RD......."I have a size 12 in cart if anybody needs it"

scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-o.gif

Anyone get any info on pairs that were purchased on initial release time in which you have pending transactions on your card but did not get an order confirmation email?

Selling mine and don't really feel bad about it. 

I don't have half the pairs in my city or a team of bots waiting to pounce online. I have 1 pair. Do I like the shoe? Yes. I love the sole/midsole especially. Do I like the shoe more than enough to turn down 800? Nope.

Not mad at you at all.
I bought my pair to wear and I'm not selling regardless of resale.
Matter of fact the only people I'm mad at are the idiots that told us these were running a size and a half to a size big a couple days ago.

If you're a UPS My Choice user, it should be listed under tracking info. 

I never recieved tracking info from adidas or shipping. But UPS says I have a package coming in Tuesday. (1-2 $20 shipping btw. I live in PA)
Yeah I checked MyUPS. I'm hoping that there's nothing there because I chose the standard 4-7 shipping

You'll never see the market saturated with something that a company wants to continue to sell successfully in the future. It may not make sense to someone of you why Adidas just won't make a million pairs but it makes absolute sense to me. Creating interest and demand in a shoe is far more crucial then moving quantities at this point. Yeah they could release a million Pairs of yeezys right now and literally kill demand more and more for future releases. Or they can release theme 20-50k at a time everytime, never completely satisfying the market, guaranteeing them that they will sell out ever batch and prolonging the life line of the line for much much longer, which equals more money in the long run.

Nike did it perfectly with the ones. They literally manufactured the demand for these. anyone who has been following things for atleast 10 years will tell you that 1s were not a big seller until recently. The DMP 1s pack sat and was discounted. And now 1's are the new 11s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom