ADIDAS x YEEZY COLLAB OFFICIAL THREAD *2016 thread link 1st page*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The biggest poiny made in this thread. N8ke has great running modles but their basketball models have been trash. Lebrons flop, kobes flop, Durant himself dont even wear his shoe
I think its the exact opposite 

Nike is known for their basketball dominance with Jordan

Adidas has running and soccer on lock but their basketball shoes have been weak. D Rose line has struggled to get level with Nike's athlete signings

The biggest poiny made in this thread. N8ke has great running modles but their basketball models have been trash. Lebrons flop, kobes flop, Durant himself dont even wear his shoe

I agree. I don't think they're where they want to be right now. The Allstar shoes say it all.

I agree. I don't think they're where they want to be right now. The Allstar shoes say it all.

That's cuz they have flooded the market with overpriced crap. Too many releases too close together. Something has to give soon.

How are Brons, Kobe's, and KD's "trash"? Granted I don't buy Kobe's or KD's, but there is still a market share for Nike with those sig lines. As a matter of fact, the Kobe 9 was probably the best new basketball shoe of the past year as far as aesthetics and performance go. Lebron's sell very well, I'm not sure where this theory that they are all trash comes from...even on this site, people clamor for the new joints..

Last edited:

Yeah basketball shoes these days aren't as exciting as they were in the 90s. These days rappers are more influential than Basketball players. We get hyped up when Kanye wears anything on his feet. Even though that Adidas and Kanye might not please everybody on this Yeezy Boost release, he has other designs that were excited to see in the future. After the Mags drop, I don't see how Nike can create something as hyped up without using retros.

Last edited:
At the end of the day nike can do whatever with the yeezy and it will impact kanye negatively.

Nike retros the yeezy and it takes all the attention away from the Adidas yeezy boosts.

What if nike decided to drop the purple yeezy 2s next Saturday, people would be going absolutely nuts and not give a damn about Adidas.

Last edited:

ready for nike air yeezys to retro 
nthat.gif

At the end of the day nike can do whatever with the yeezy and it will impact kanye negatively.

Nike retros the yeezy and it takes all the attention away from the the Adidas yeezy boosts.

What if nike decided to drop the purple yeezy 2s next Saturday, people would be going absolutely nuts and not give a damn about Adidas.

My thing is that if Nike restocks the Yeezys, retros the Yeezys, or make them available on Nike ID that they might win the battle, but they will eventually need to start creating new **** to compete with Kanye to win the war.

Nike retros the yeezy and it takes all the attention away from the Adidas yeezy boosts.

Exactly. I don't think he would be too happy to be outshined by his former company. And he would be outshined.

Nike retros the yeezy and it takes all the attention away from the the Adidas yeezy boosts.

My thing is that if Nike restocks the Yeezys, retros the Yeezys, or make them available on Nike ID that they might win the battle, but they will eventually need to start creating new **** to compete with Kanye to win the war.

Once all the hypebeasts jump ship over the next few months when the shoe fad dies down all will go back to normal. It's already dying.

Yeah basketball shoes these days aren't as exciting as they were in the 90s. These days rappers are more influential than Basketball players. We get hyped up when Kanye wears anything on his feet. Even though that Adidas and Kanye might not please everybody on this Yeezy Boost release, he has other designs that were excited to see in the future. After the Mags drop, I don't see how Nike can create something as hyped up without using retros.

Speak for yourself. Kanye only hypes me when I pick up a consignment check.

He didn't make Jordans popular, he didn't jump over no jumpman, and he ain't making me want to dress like a grunge bum.

think you guys underestimate how much pull Jordan brand, Kobe or Lebron have on people that don't post on a forum about sneakers 
laugh.gif

Nike better hurry and strike while the iron is hot. Think anyone will care about Y1s or Y2s in 10 years? Honestly? We're not talking Jordan here. Kind of curious what y'all's thoughts are? Just don't this will be some shoe you can bring out decades later and people will care.

Nike better hurry and strike while the iron is hot. Think anyone will care about Y1s or Y2s in 10 years? Honestly? We're not talking Jordan here. Kind of curious what y'all's thoughts are? Just don't this will be some shoe you can bring out decades later and people will care.

Nah it will. Theyll get all the kids who couldnt cop when they were 13. Just like they get us old heads with the retro Js.

Nah it will. Theyll get all the kids who couldnt cop when they were 13. Just like they get us old heads with the retro Js.
Personal opinion is I highly doubt it, but ... makes for good discussion 
happy.gif

Kanye isn't even in this war.  Nike makes about 15 times the profit that Adidas does, and Kanye will not come anywhere near bridging that gap. 

To the shoe - I like em.  I think a lot of folks in here aren't too impressed because the colorway is very neutral.  Throw a wild colorway at this model, and this place will explode.

only the stans will care. There is probably more hate on Kanye and his sneakers than there are his fans. I do agree if you that if 10 years down the line, and kanye stops making music 5 years in, most won't even care about his sneakers if you bring up a DS pair.

nah, the Nike Yeezy's are iconic.  They will sell well regardless of when they release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom